26.stay

"wow you're home is so cozy" he says in an attempt to flatter me "well homes are supposed to be cozy" he laughs and we follow behind Sofia up the stairs. We walk to my room and Sofia turns around "is he gonna stay in your room or am I?" I turn to Daniel and he smiles "I can sleep on the couch" I shake my head "I have a futon in my room" he nods "oh okay"  we step into my room and i point to the futon, he brings his bags and set them besides it. "Do you guys want to go out for dinner or should we make something" I ask, Sofia sits on the edgeof my bed and i sit besides her "how about we order, and im paying" Daniel sits on the other end of the bed. "Chinese?"  Sofia asks, i mod and so does Daniel. We figure out what we are getting and Daniel orders.

After dinner

We decided on a movie and watched it downstairs in the living room. We watched three movies before Sofia fell asleep, we watched Starstruck(tb), white Chicks, & Grease. The movies gave me nostalgia hardcore, and it seemed to have the same effect on Daniel and Sofia. We left Sofia on the couch with a blanket before going upstairs to my room, the first five minutes were quiet as got ready for bed.

"Daniel" I say, putting my hair up "Lucy" Daniel mocks. I didn't know how to start this, "so um i just wanted to know like, geez I don't know how to word this" he walks closer to me, my nerves are worse "we're just friends right?" A smile creeps onto his lips "yes Lucy, why are you so nervous?" He questions rubbing my shoulders in attempt to calm me "I'm nervous because I'm not good at 'relationships'" he chuckles and gestures for me to down "honestly me either" I seen sadness flash in his eyes but he pushed it away "I'm sorry" I whisper, he shakes his head leaning on me "it's not your fault" he sighs "it's mine" his voice barely audbiable. I frown taking his face in my hands, this gesture may be a little to intimate "hey don't say that, it isn't your fault. No one should ever cheat on anyone, especially someone like you" his sadness slowly disappears starring into my eyes "someone like me?" I nod, please don't go to far "yes, you're incredibly sweet, a gentleman, and you have a huge heart. you don't deserve to be hurt, you deserve to have endless amounts of happiness, you deserve the world" he smiles and I hug him before I end up doing something I don't mean. I sort of struggle showing affection, and finding the right words but i somehow achieved that right now.

He pulls away "thank you, that helped a lot" I smile wide at him and he returns to gesture. "so tell me" Daniel stands up grabbing the picture of Jonah and I on my nightstand pointing at Jonah "I want to meet this guy"  I laugh lowly, "what do you want to know?" He puts the picture back and sits down next to again "well a part of me thinks there's something between you two" everyone always assumes that "not really" Daniel hears the uncertainty in my voice, I sigh and stick out my pinky he takes it with his "we've kissed and made out before and I think I may like him" I fumble over words very quietly, he nods understanding "but?" He knows me to well "but it's not mutual, and I dont want to risk our friendship"  he nods taking my hand in his "if it isn't mutual then Jonah's dumb, you're amazing. and I completely understand the threat that has on your friendship but if it never goes away then it obviously means something" I nod, I want to believe every word but a part of my brain I telling me not too. I didnt want to get my hopes up so in order to do that i need to be neutral. Daniel kisses my forehead, the kiss was sweet. He meant I as comforting gesture, neither one of us knew what to do now.

After a few minutes of silence I finally speak "can you sing to me" I was laying flat on my bed and he sit sat besides me. He faces me with a smile moving himself towards me "you want me to sing?" I nod, it's odd I asked him that out of the blue but I want to know how much better he's gotten. "I know it's weird, I ask Jonah to sing to me a lot too. I don't know what it is but I like it when people sing to me, especially when they're voice calms me and makes me happy" his cheeks darken a little "my voice makes you happy?" I sit up nodding "yeah, you're voice is special" his smile was hasn't left his face, he licked his lips "what song?" I think, what song do I want him to sing?  I bit my lip trying to figure out what song, I'm so indecisive. "Stay" his smole was gone but I knew it was because he wanted to get ready to sing "wait" I say, I get off my bed and reach under my bed for my keyboard "you play?" I nod, I sit down besides him "yeah, I learned from YouTube" he laughs "me too" I smile and take a deep breath before pressing the cold keys.