27.comfortable

Lucy's POV

With Daniel around I've become more comfortable around the man who will be marrying my mother. It's difficult to say the least but Daniel always distracts me when I feel like rethinking my mom's choice. Roberts a good man but the thought of my mom remarrying feels weird. The question that constantly goes through my mind, is she really happy? Or is she doing this to settle down finally, I wanted to ask her this but i never got the chance too, well i have had the chance I was just too afraid to ask.

"Why don't we go to the store, I need a few things" my mom tells me almost like she knew what i was thinking, "can Daniel come?" I wish I didn't say that because all I'm doing is stalling, Daniel catches my eye "I'm fine lucy, you two go on your own. I'll still be here when you come back" he smirks, I roll my eyes an follow behind my mom. After a few minutes of silence I spoke up, I didn't want to stall any longer so I went right to the point "are you happy?" Her eyes widen "yes of course I am, why wouldn't I?" I could tell she wasn't expecting me to say that, "I dont know, are you second guessing marrying him?" She sighs and shakes her head "is this about Robert or me?" Why would it be about Robert "you, I just want to make sure this is it" she raise her eyebrow until realisation sinks in "this is it, I love Robert to pieces. Your father was just in a rush, he got me pregnant then married me to please his family" I didn't know what to say, I look down at my hands that rested in my lap. After a few minutes of silence my mom places her hand on top of mine "I love you" I turn to look at her "I love you too" she held my hand until we go to the store.

After our talk I felt better, but still scared. Robert already agreed he would move here, but he would keep his home in Hawaii. I decided to distract myself instead of thinking if possibilities. We get a few things and finally head home, I decided to send Jonah a text, we haven't talked much since he's been so busy.

"That's cheating!" My mom jokes, I smile before taking all the money in the middle of the board "it's not cheating I'm just good at games" everyone laughs and carries on the game as I sort out my money. We played Monopoly for a while before we get bored, after awhile we all sat in living room and watched a movie. My mom and Robert say together on the love seat, and Sophia, Daniel and I sat on the couch. I was in the middle of them.

I hear soft snores from my left and see both my mom and Robert asleep, I chuckle and turn back to the screen. Once the movie was over i took the blanket and covered them up before walking up stairs with sophia and daniel. I plop down on my bed and Daniel does the same next to me, Sophia sat at the bottom. My phone goes off and I reach for it automatically.

jonah
4:32pm

hey how's it going?

11:54pm

Hey sorry it took me so long, I've been busy

it's okay i understand :)

I texted back faster then I've ever texted someone back, I really missed Jonah and Ive talked to him and two times in the last week and it's low-key killing me. My mind is all over the place because the wedding is so close, there's so much to do but we're all trying to take our time. We're all stressed trying our best to get everything done before the wedding, so far we are achieving but it's still hard. My point is if Jonah's was here he could help me, hes so well at calming me down. I close my phone when he doesn't respond with a frown, I'm a very need person and I need to get over it. I can't expect him to attend to me every time he needs me, yes I'm there for him but I'm always there. Atleast I try to be.