11. D8

He took us to a small cute restaurant. The setting sun gleamed on the right side of his face, the color made a shadow on the left. His facial structure was more appealing I guess you could say. it was easier to see his small imperfections, I wouldn't call them imperfections cause he was really good looking and the minor things wrong with him made him more attractive to me. "so Lucy tell me about yourself" I bot the inside of cheek "about me? There isn't much to say" he smiled showing off his small gap "of course there is, you seem like you have some crazy story, like you went skydiving once" I shook my head. "what do you do in your free time" I wanted to mention Jonah but I don't want to scare him away, he's sweet and we kind if did the dirty last night. "um I like to ride my fourwheeler and that's pretty much it" he nods "that's cool, a fourwheeler?" I nod. "so what do you do?" He smiles "I like to sing" I think of Jonah but quickly shake him off. "that's so cool, can I hear something?" He looked around nervously "later okay" I nod. We order our food and make chitchat throughout dinner, he was so sweet and kind. "so you were in American idol?" He nods and swallow his food. "that's so cool, so I don't need to hear you to know you're talented." He shrugs "well your opinion could be different from others" I smirk "I have a feeling you're good" a light blush fills his cheeks. I smile wider at him. The check comes and we both grab it. H shakes his head "I'm paying since I invited you" I raise an eyebrow. "im paying cause I'm cool" he takes the check from under my hand "if that was the case, Im paying" my jaws drops, I try to cover the smile that was tugging on my lips but I failed. He winked then handed the check to woman.

"Let's go" he hold out his arm and I watched mine with his. He took me too a beach right next the restaurant. We looked over the water, listening to waves lapping onto the beach. It was comfortable sound, that helped me relax my brain. "so when are you gonna sing to me" he smirks. "what song ma'am" I ponder for a second. "sing thinking out loud by Ed Sheeran" he nods. "perfect choice" he takes a deep breathe before letting the words fall from his lips

When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet
Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love
Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm
I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

But baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are, oh

So baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

Oh maybe we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are

My face never changed, his voice was low and high in all the right places. I was astonished at how beautiful his voice was. I was speechless, "how'd you like it?" I gulp. "Daniel .. you're amazing" his cheek turn a dark shade of red. "Really?" I no still wide eyed. "Yes, your voice is wow just wow daniel" he smiled widely showing off his gap once more. A cold breeze interrupted our night quickly. "we should head back, it's getting cold" I mumble, he nods agreeing then standing up helping me up. As we walk back towards the car he tired to flirt "have I told you how beautiful you looked today" I roll my eyes. He chuckles "you think I'm kidding but I'm being honest" I smile at him then look down at our hands that we're still intertwined. I smile back at him "you're adorable" I say simply, a blush covers his cheeks. "and I'm not kidding" I continue. He stopped in his tracks and planted a kiss on my cheek "and you're beautiful, and I'm not kidding" it was my turn to blush, he smiled again, making me smile. His smile was so contagious and to die for. The ride back to my house was shorter then I wanted. We small talked again, I'm hope this isn't the time we talk. "so here we are" he says putting the car in park. "sadly" I mumble looking at him. "maybe we'll see each other again one day, you have my number and I have yours" I nod and he smiles before getting out of the car and opening my door helping me out once again. "you're such a gentleman" I flirt, he smirks and closes the door walking me to the front door. "I'll text you before I leave and when I land, maybe we can become friends" he says, I shrug and hug him whispering into his ear "or more then that" I felt him tense slightly. When we pulled away, he kissed my cheek. "maybe we could, but you never know" I nod "never know" I decided to be bold I placed my hand on his cheek, we slowly leaned in. His soft warm lips met mine. Our lips moved in sync but sadly I didn't feel anything, nothing sparked, nothing flip. No fireworks. Just two sets of lips kissing. "goodbye Dani" I smile. He smiles "bye Lucy" I waited for him to pull out of the driveway before opening the big door. Sofia and summer had huge grins in their faces. As soon as I noticed then they squeled " YOU KISSED HIM!" I quickly told them shush. "your mom's not here" summer laughs. Thank God, if she heard that she'd kill me. "yea I did" I say, "do you like him?" Sofia asks. " Are you guys gonna date, are you dating?" Summer says. "CHILL GUYS" they stopped talking and listened to me. "yes we kissed but we aren't dating and I don't think we will" they furrowed their eyebrows. "why?!" They say in unison. "when we kissed I didn't feel anything and I'm pretty sure he didn't either" they frown " what if he did?" I shake my head and begin walking up the stairs "I doubt it, but we will definitely be friends" I open Sofia's door with the girls behind me. "well that sucks, you seemed really into him" summer says. I nod "I thought I was" I knew why I thought I did, I wanted to get my mind off of Jonah, I didn't want to believe that I like him. I thought I liked Daniel, hes sweet, kind, funny,and talented but they're wasn't that connection. I didn't feel those fireworks, I didn't feel the shock of electricity and heat from his touch. It felt nothing like it did when I kissed Jonah. "I'm going to take a shower" they nod and take a hot ling shower thinking about life. I didn't want to believe that I was in love with my best friend especially since I'm almost 17, I don't know what love is. So why do I think that Jonah's the one. Maybe I'm just inlove with being in love with Jonah, I'm in love with the thought of it.

💭