50. cloud nine

I run down the stairs and out of the house as fast as I could, "Lucy!" he screams again, I get into my car and drive home. my face was on fire, the cold breeze on my wet face stung, I wasn't ready to see jonah, not after everything I heard him say. A part of me couldn't believe what came out of his mouth, like it was all a facade but I knew what I heard, I knew what happened. I wasn't imagining it, my phone beings to vibrate, my eyes were clouded from tears. I picked up my phone and before I could even read the message sirens and flashing lights distracted me. I pulled over and began to panic, I had my seatbelt on but my phone was in my hand, I looked high but I wasnt, I didn't know what I would say, i shake uncontrollably. He taps on my window, I keep my hands on the wheel. "Do you know why I pulled you over?" His voice was stern which made me even more nervous,  I look up at him "i was on my phone" my voice shakes, "are you okay ma'am?" I shake my head "no, I'm sorry i was crying" he turned the flashlight away from me, "can I see your license and registration please" I reached over to the glove box opening it, my hands shook viciously. My anxiety was through the roof, I handed him the registration. "I'm grabbing my license" I say before reaching for my wallet on the passenger seat. I opened it grabbing my license and handing it to him. "when I get back i need you to take a breathalyzer" i nod and keep my hands on the wheel, my phone rings again, it was Daniel. I reach for it, answering it. "Where are- Lucy are you okay?" he was yelling over the loud music, he stepped outside "no, can I call you later? I just got pulled over" he nodded, and i hung up. The cop comes back, tears were still rolling down my face, "can you step put of the vehicle ma'am" I nod unbuckling my seatbelt. I stand outside and take the breathalyzer test, it came back good. "can you tell me when you're crying?" I rubbed my face trying my best to wipe away the tears "it's a long story, it's just a lot and I don't know ugh" he oats my shoulder "why don't you go on home, drive safely" he says, I nod getting into my car. He does the same, I let him go first, he stops besides my car and rolls down his window "good luck with what ever is" I nod "thank you" he pulls away and I wait a few seconds before doing the same.

I quickly get into my apartment, my anxiety still threw the roof. I try to regulate my breathing, but fail. I run to my freezer grabbing ice, when I was younger my mom would tell me to put ice on my skin to cool down my body so my heart rate would slow. I placed on the back of my neck, I since but keep it there. I rest my forehead on the freezer and close my eyes, I was able to calm down enough to breathe correctly. I hear a knock on my door, confused I slowly crept towards the door "lucy? open up" it was daniel, I relax opening the door. I clung to him as if he was my only protection. "hey hey breathe" he steps in and closes the door behind me, "tell me what happened" he says, I nod not moving.

"i went upstairs to use the bathroom and I heard yelling coming from Jonah's room" he sighs, I pull away "i listened, I listened to what was being said. i- jonah- he said-" I became lightheaded, I grab my head and Daniel quickly took me into his arms again sitting me down on my couch. "it's okay it's okay" it was too much to handle, I should be happy right? why does it hurt so much? why is so much too handle. Another knock on the door, I quickly turn to Daniel both of us confused. He stands walking to the door, i lean forward. He looks through the peep hole, his eyes widen, he mouths "it's jonah" I stand up, "I-let him in" I say, he nods slowly and braces himself before opening the door, "where is she?" his voice was frantic, Daniel steps back "what are you doing here?" Jonah steps in looking at me "it's none of your business" I stare between the two of them, "it is my business, she's my best friend" Jonah turns to him "don't start" he sounded tired, Daniels eyebrows furrowed "no im going to, what are you doing here!" he raises his voice, he had a perfectly good reason to be angry but I didn't need this right now "Daniel please" he looks at me, still angry "what you're just gonna let him come back too you? after everything he's done? he made you change for the worse, you started doing drugs and partying, you were in so much pain but you tried to cover it up and you're just gonna let him come back and fuck you up all over again? you're better than that lucy! You deserve more than him, you deserve so much more" his face was red with anger, "i don't want more" I say looking down, he scoffs "whatever, don't come back to me when he hurts you again, it's an ongoing cycle with you two" he leaves slamming the door behind him, I began to cry again, "lucy" Jonah says, "jonah" I say, my voice raspy, I was too nervous to look him in his eyes.

"did you everything?" I swallow hard "i heard enough" I admit, he moves closer "can you look at me" his voice cracks, I don't move. He moved closer, leaving a foot between us. He slowly bring his hand up, my heart races, his finger touches my chin. Butterflies erupt in my stomach, I haven't felt his touch in months, I haven't been this close to him in months, it's felt like years. i look into his beautiful hazel eyes, "im sorry, for everything, everything I said, I lied to you. because Lucy, truth is" he let's out a breath, "im in love with you, I've always been in love with you, I just believed you deserved so much better than me, but that wasn't my choice, it was yours, and you took that chance but I crushed you when it wasn't my intention. I was so stupid, i am so stupid. I don't want anyone else but you, I tried so hard, I wanted you to move one and too find someone better but you stayed. I love you lucy, I'm so deeply in love with you. and if you still love me, I want to start over, I want to be the best man i could ever be for you, I want to marry you, I want you to have my children, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to give you everything you deserve" we both had tears running down our faces, "Do you still love me?" I nod grabbing his face "i never stopped, I knew I wouldn't." he smiles, "Lucile Williams, will you do me the honour of being my girlfriend" I laugh and nod, I pull him down kissing his lips, I felt like I was on cloud nine, I forgot the way it felt to kiss him, to be close to him. The feeling I thought I lost forever was back, I had him, finally. Jonah was mine, he loves me just as much as I love him.

💭

:)))))

FINALLY LIKE OMG, I WAS GETTIN IRRITATED WITH MY OWN LOVE STORY