19. homecoming

Lucy's POV

Every year Jonah and I would go to homecoming with each other but never like a date, just as friends. But sometimes we have another person like last year Jonah brought hi girlfriend at the time. yuck. I wanted Shawn to go with us but I don't know if Jonah was fine with it.

I walked into school with Jonah and the two of   us walk to out lockers, or lockers aren't right next to each other but their pretty close. After getting the things I need, i turn too face Shawn with a wide smile across his face. I really the sign in his hands, as my face reddens. "Roses are the second prettiest thing in the world, the first is you! wanna go to hoco with me?" I nodded as the eyes of the school were on us. He hugged me and kissed my cheek. I felt Jonah's eyes so I turned and glanced at him, he frowns and walks away. I clear my throat and turn to shawn who was frowning. "he doesn't like me does he?" I shake my head "well Jonah and I always went to hoco" no one ever asks me too hoco because I was always Jonah's girl, we we're never dating but everyone knew not to mess with me. Shawn was told enough too ignore that, I hope Jonah doesn't hate Shawn. "I didn't mean too interfere but homecoming is in two days and Jonah has asked you so i decided I should shoot my shot" I smiled at Shawn as the bell rang for first hour "you've done nothing wrong Shawn" he smiled and winks "haha I never do" I plan my hands in his hair, scruffing it "let's get too class weirdo" he chuckled and side hugged me. We walked into first hour together and sat down in out usual seats. Jonah was already sitting down, he avoided the both of us. Sometimes Jonah acts immature, we'll still go together I just Shawn's coming too. Shawn and I don't need to apologise, do we? We didn't do anything wrong. I turn to Jonah mid session "Jonah" I whisper. He ignores me "Jonah" he still ignores me. I nudge him "Jonah freaking Marais!" He turns to me "what?!" Some people in the class turn too us. I stare at his angry face, I bring my head down low "what's wrong?!" He rolls his eyes and turns away. and with that I kept quiet, he avoided me all day so i just stayed mute all day. I wasn't feeling like sucking up too him so I stayed quiet. At the end of school instead of driving home with Jonah, I began to walk home.

The wall is about 15 minutes, I remember taking these walks with Jonah everyday when we were younger. But of course it began to rain, I walk a little faster in the rain to get home faster. I hear a honk and glanced behind me, i see Jonah's car creeping up behind me. I ignored him and kept walking. "come on Lucy get in the car" just says, it was a little hard to hear him over the pouring rain. I didn't say anything and kept walking "Lucy please, you're gonna get sick!" He was right I was but I wanted to prove a point too him. "Lucy please, I'll take you home and we can talk". I sighed as I felt a cold shiver down my spine and stop to turn to him he stops and stares "I'm wet Jonah, ill get your seats wet" he shakes his head "I'd rather my seats be wet them you be sick and mad at me" I smile and open his door climbing in. He turns the heat on taking my bag away from me placing it in the back seat. I fell asleep in the comfort of his car, He takes me too his house and carries me in "why is she all wet?" Jonah's mom asks, I was awake now but I put my eyes closed "I got mad at her and ignored her so she did the same too me and she walked home and it started raining. " His mom sighs "Jonah.. why were you mad?" He scratches the back of his head. "I got jealous" he breathes out. "Jonah.. you gotta stop that. If you like her tell her" I felt a warm blanket be placed on top of me "that's the thing mom I don't even know if I do" i felt heart beat race. "why don't you bring her upstairs and let her take a warm shower, she can stay here tonight" I felt Jonah's arms wrap around my body, he could probably feel my heart racing right now. I keep my breathing as slow and call as I could. I felt his breath on my face "hey luc, get up" I open my  eyes slowly, he smiles at me. "why don't you get in the shower I'll go ask your mom for some clothes" I nod as he turns around leave. "Jonah." I say, he turns around "thank you" I whisper, he smiles wide "no problem Lucy".

I get into a very hot but well needed shower, after a few minutes the door to thw bathroom opens "your mom just me a bag of stuff" I glance at him through the crack "thank you" he nods and hesitates before walking out. When I was done I went through the bag, my mom gave me underwear, a bra and a hoodie Jonah doesn't know I took from him. I get dressed into the clothes and im glad the hoodie was long enough to cover me. I walk into his room and wasn't in there, I went to his dresser and took a pair if basketball shorts putting them on. The door opens and jonah has two bowls in his hand "nice outfit" I smile "I know right, I can't remember where I got it" he sets the bowl down on the small intable "maybe the cute boy from next door" I shrug "maybe" he chuckles and i sit down in front of him on his bed, he hands me my bowl of soup "mom made it because she doesn't want you sick, tomorrow is homecoming" I nod, I take a bite before taking "I'm sorry" we say in unison, we look up and let out a light laugh, "you shouldn't be sorry Lucy, I just got jealous and i shouldn't have. It feels like Shawn's gonna take my best friend away" I shake ny head "he's not though, he wants to be friends with you but everytime we hangout you're so protective of me" he sighs "I know ugh! You're my best friend and I just don't like sharing I guess" I take another bite, "I get it Jonah but I didn't like sharing when you dated what's her face, but I let you be even the countless times she called me names and the countless times you left me for her" Jonah face palms "god I'm a horrible friend" I plan my hand on his removing it from his face "no you're not, if you were i wouldn't be sitting here" he intertwines our fingers and kisses my hand "I love you" I smile at him "i love you too". The room filled with comfortable silence as we ate our food, once we were done i took out the bowls. "thank you" I say to his mom, she hugs me " oh it was nothing" she pulled away abd placed her hand on my face "don't want my lil sweets sick" I smile and placed my hands on hers. "you should get back up there and get some rest, tell jo i said goodnight abd i love him" I nod and walk towards the stairs "goodnight" I say, "goodnight" she says as hee vioce disappears down the hall. I walk into Jonahs room and he stands in his boxers searching his drawer for clothes. "your mom says goodnight and I love you" he turns to me noads then smiles "wanna help me find some shorts" I chuckle and walk over to his drawer, i move things around andbi catch a glimpse of his shorts in the far right corner, I reach for them as does he. I felt something I wasn't expecting bump into my him, I try to relax and ignore the sweat that started to form and the my shakey hands. "sorry" he mumbles, i hand him his shorts and nod "it's fine, here" he takes them lightly touching my hands. All of a sudden I was hot, I walked away and turned on his box fan.

I laid down in his bed with my phone in my hand, I wasn't in the mood to go on it so I set it down next to me, Jonah turns off the light and lays down besides me. "Today was a long day" Jonah agrees silently "tomorrow's gonna be an even longer day". I nod and turn to him "you can still go with us you know" he turns " you sure, you and Shawn seem to got something going on" I chuckle, I hope we don't. I don't like shawn like that "what do you mean?" He rubs his eyes "you guys seem too like each other" I shake my head "if you mean like like then no, I dont feel that way towards him" Jonah raises his eyebrows at me "you don't?" I shake my head "no, I hope he doesn't like me. I don't want to be mean, I just- i dont like anyone " I fumble on my words. He stays silent as he figures out what to say "why?" I turn to stare at the ceiling "I don't know, my feelings are something different" I take a deep breath "it's just my heart seems to be stuck on something else" Jonah stirs besides me "Yea u understand, it's like your heart only wants one person but your mind is telling you something else" I nod pushing a strand of my hair out of my face "that's exactly it" I mutter. We both stat silent after that, after a few minutes i turn to see jonah asleep. I turn towards him, my eyes trace his face, "my heart's stuck you" I whisper barely auditable.

💭
Hey I'm getting better at this updating thing :) if y'all don't already know I do have 3 other books (click on my page, also follow me yk) im thinking about writing another 🤔😉
I also have a fan account @ dedicatedtowdw just like this one ! Bye♡