32. It takes time

3 months later..

Lucy's pov

It's been 3 months since the last time I saw jonah, in those 3 months I've struggled but achieved many things.

The first month I grieved our friend ship, but I wrote songs to help me through it all.
(These aren't actually her songs, they're  other people's songs. The actual artist will be is parenthesis next to it)
-Hurt People(Jack and Jack)
-Memories (Shawn Mendes)

The second month was when I signed with a record label, I released my first song Hurt People on August 13th 2016. I wrote a few more songs to make my first ep called Heart Break
- Hurt People
-Memories
-Why (Shawn mendes)
-Strangers (nezza)
-My lover, My friend (aj mitchell)

Now present day September 23rd, my following count is at 309k and I've had 1mil streams on spotify in total. My career is slowing taking off, I never thought I would be where I am right now. Im signed to a record label, working on a my first album, living my dream. I haven't been home in a few months, I have an apartment in Los Angeles. My mom visited last week and brother was here the week before that. Being here alone has been amazing but also lonely, I haven't made any friends but then again I haven't really left. My life is my home and then the studio, although I hate living in Los Angeles and not back home in Minnesota, I have to be here to make my music. I want to go back home, to start again but I can't. Daniel was coming over tonight to tell me his good news but also bad, I was nervous on what it will be.

I start dinner for Daniel and I, he requested my spaghetti he loves 'oh so very much' the way he likes to put it. I have music playing and sing along as I cook, Ive gotten used to being on my own, even though it gets lonely sometimes. Daniel and Shawn are really my only friends and they don't live in California just like my family, Daniel came in last night and got a hotel even though I offered my bed. Daniel and I have gotten a lot closer the last few months but nothing other than friends, I don't have feelings for him and vise versa. Its nice having him around, he fills the empty void, he makes me happier to be honest.

A knock on my door pulls me from my thoughts, I turn of the sauce and put the noodles I just drained on the stove. I get a little nervous to open the door, I haven't seen him in a few weeks. His wide smile takes away my nerves, he wrapped his long arms around me "I missed you so much" he squeezes me, "I missed you too dani" he let's go and follows behind me into my apartment, he sniffs the air looking like a dog. "Is it done?" I nod laughing "yes daniel" he walks behind me into the kitchen grabbing a plate. We make our plates and grab the parmesan cheese taking it to the table with us. Daniel gets us both a can of pop, he sits across from me on my dinning room table. "So what's the good news" he takes a bite before talking "well it's good news and bad news" I nod "Okay tell me the bad news first" he scratches his head "i kind of have to tell you good news first" I nod signaling for him to continue, he smiles "well um I'm in band" my jaw drops "no way, really? I'm so proud of you, what are you called and who's in it?" He smiles wide "we're called Why Don't We and.." he sighs, his smile gone "I'm in it with 4 other guys, the bad news is" he closes his eyes "Jonah's in it" I drop my fork silently onto the table, my jaw still dropped. I didn't know how to feel, or say. He opened his eyes starring at me, "I know it's bad, but -" i cut him off "no it's not bad, that's incredible Daniel. Youre signed to a band, you're gonna make music.  This isnt bad news, don't hate Jonah because of me. Its wonderful, really." He let out a breath "really? I didn't want to except it and start a whole mess" I shake my head "no it's fine honestly, this us a once in a lifetime opportunity, don't decline it on my behalf" he nods taking another bit "this is really good" he smiles, and i laugh "yeah I know" the rest of the evening Daniel and I talk about everything under the sun. It was relieving to have some one here with me, around 10 Daniel got a text from what I'm guessing was his manager "hey can I stay here tonight?" I nod "of course you can" he smiles and stands up "I'll be right back i need to call my manager" I nod and watch him walk out of the room into the bathroom. I get up from the couch and clean up the small mess i made while cooking, after that I grabbed a tub of ice cream and two spoons. Daniel wasn't big on chocolate and I was iffy when it came to it but he did like cookie dough and that's exactly what I had. He walks out of the bathroom the same time I walk into the living room with the ice cream, he smiles and laughs "you're something else" I shrug and plop down on the couch, he sits besides me taking his spoon. We continue to eat and talk about random things, around 11 we were both tired. I put away the ice cream and cleaned up around the house "you can sleep with me instead of on the couch" Daniel looks at me "really?" I nod letting out a small laugh "yeah, it's not like we've never done it" he smiles and follows me to my room. He sits down on the side of the bed he knows I don't sleep on, I toss him the hoodie and shorts he left here when I first moved in "change into that" I walk into the bathroom changing into a huge t-shirt and my booty shorts you couldn't see because of the shirt and brushed my teeth. I walk out to see daniel trying to put the hoodie on, ive noticed he's gotten taller and more muscular "Daniel I think you've gotten to tall for that" he laughs pulling it off "I agree" he tossed me the hoodie "you can have it" i put it in my closet "I was gonna keep it anyways" he laughs and walks to his side of the bed,  I turn off the light and crawl into bed next to him. We scrolled on our phones for a bit then began talking about random things again, it's a normal reoccurring thing with us. Sometimes it reminds me of all the late nights with Jonah but I force myself to try and forget those memories but its difficult when most of life was with him.

"Maybe Monday  I can show you the house we're moving into,  it's huge. We all haven't moved in yet." I didn't want to see Jonah but I might as well face my fears, I know it would be hard but I've grown since then. He might have too, "that would be nice" I say, she leans closer to me putting his head on mine "you don't have to, I know Jonah will be there" I sigh "I can't ignore him my whole life" he nods "you're right" after that I felt the both of us beginning to fall asleep "night lucy" I move my head into the crook of his neck "goodnight" I whisper.

Jonah's  pov (oh tea)

There was an awkward tension between Daniel and I, I could sense that the other boys felt it too. Neither of us spoke to each other or even about it, but when he left the questions came rolling in "why don't you Daniel like each other?" Zach asked, he was the youngest of us all but he most curious "we like each other" he raises his eyebrow, corbyn leans in, he was definitely the smartest of us all and the second oldest next to me of course "there's definitely some tension there though" Jack nods, ive been friends with Jack for a while "yeah, I already tried to ask Daniel and he shook it off" I shake my head "there's nothing, we just don't know each other well enough I guess" they stopped asking questions for a little while til our manger walked in a little after 10 "hey, Daniels not coming back tonight so don't wait up!" The boys all looked confused "why?" Zach asks, our manager looks at us "I think he might have a girlfriend, he didn't give me much information just that her names Lucy and she actually an artist too" my throat clenches, I struggle to breath, lucy? Girlfriend? "Wait Jonah's lucy?" Jack says, I shake my head and everyone's eyes were on me "she's not my lucy, I haven't spoken to her in 3 months" Zach covers his mouth finally realising why there was tension "oh" Jack says, he swallows hard looking at the ground, "anyways get some rest boys, tomorrow's moving day" he leaves us in our hotel room, now there was awkward silence in the room. Jack clears his throat "sorry Jonah" I stand up shaking my head "it's not your fault" I mumble walking to the bathroom "it's my own" I whisper, I close the bathroom door trying not to crack. The last 3 months have been so difficult for me, the first month I wept, the second month I learned to put up a wall, and now that wall is threating to fall. I've missed her like crazy and thinking that her and Daniel could possibly be dating make my heart hurts, the ounce of hope I had left in Lucy and I was gone.

💭

Hey guyss, I'm so freaking close to 100 followers, it would mean a lot if you helped and followed me. Also this book is probably my favorite so far, other than my Daniel Seavey one.

Ilyasm<3