18. why not?

Lucy's POV

After that night Jonah's been very strict around me, especially when Shawn's around. I don't understand why that exactly is. Everytime someone, who isn't a female, talks to me he stands up straight with chest out and says "leave" like im the queen of England and he's my guard. But when Shawn comes around he puts his arm around my shoulder, although we are just FRIENDS he acts like Shawn and i have a thing, and even if we did it shouldn't concern him. Jonah's been acting like my father too, only when we're in public but thats mostly because I've been avoiding him outside of school, I love Jonah but I don't like the way he's acting or how he thinks he needs to take the roll of my father.

Shawn texted me asking if I wanted to get ice cream, he wanted Jonah to go too but I told him that I don't want to be around Jonah. He didn't ask any questions, he simply texted back saying "okay im on my way". I grabbed my wallet and my coat, it was getting dark so I knew it was gonna get chilly. Come on guys I'm not that type of girl who doesn't being a jacket so i can steal their jackets, okay I do that with Jonah but it's best friend tax. Shawn's headlights beamed outside my window, I skipped down the stairs and told my mom where i was going before giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Shawn was waiting outside the passenger door hanging it open for me "your Chariot awaits" he bows and I take a seat in the car "thank you love, now let's go. I WANT ICE CREAM" I yell the last part he chuckles and jogs to the driver side door hoping in. When we got to the ice cream shop I got cookie dough and Shawn ordered Rocky road. "Can I try some?" Shawn asks, I dig a scoop of my ice cream "open wide" he opens his mouth and eats it. He smiles and nod behind me I hear the bells above the door open. Shawn pays no attention and takes a scoop of his shoving some in my mouth, we both laugh until Shawn starts clear his throat. He looks down at his ice cream and motions towards the door, I didn't want to turn around because I already knew who it was. I hear the cashier ask the customer what they wanted, "can I just have chocolate!" The little girl giggles, a smile washes over me because I knew who it was. Although I didn't want to see the other person there i turn around and make eye contact with svea, a smile spreaded across her face "LUCY!" she chirps. She runs to me and hugs me as Jonah steps up next to order. "I didnt know you were gonna be here!" She says as I let go. "well I didn't know you were gonna be here" I poked her nose when i said "you". She giggles and sits down next to me. Jonah walks over with their ice cream and takes a seat next to Shawn. "Shawn, Lucy fancy seeing you here". I smile at Jonah "isn't it?" I say, my voice sounded very rude and i didn't want it to come off that way. Luckily svea was so into her ice cream she was paying no attention.

We chit chatted here and there, I already knew Jonah was gonna be mad at me but he didn't want to get mad in front of his little sister. When Shawn dropped me off, I waited outside on my porch waiting for Jonah's visit. After about ten minutes I see his headlights pull into my long driveway. When he finally parks the car i stand up with arms crossed over my chest. "why?" He said strictly, "why not?" I question. He takes a deep breath before continuing "are you guys dating? Do you like him? What's the deal?" I roll my eyes "no we aren't, and i don't know. I just wanna know why the last few days you've been treating me like I'm your daughter" Jonah's face doesn't change, it still had the same blank face. He didn't answer me, i sigh "I asked you a question" I say lowly. He looked down at the ground, still no words leaving his mouth. I uncrossed my arms "okay if you're gonna act like that i should get inside, it's bed time" I turn around and step up the stairs. "lu" he says. I stop and spin around in place "Jo" I mock his tone of voice. "I don't know why"he rubbed his temples and looked me in the eyes taking a few steps forward "I guess I'm just trying to protect you" I nod "Jonah you don't need to protect me, a little here and there is fine but not every single day for every little thing. I'm a big girl" he sighs and nods "I know but I saw the way you were with Shawn and i didn't like it because.." he pauses, "because why?" I also beginning to get a little impatient yet I was still scared of what was gonna come from his mouth. "because I don't wanna see you hurt again" he finally confess.

"That's my call to make Jonah, how many times did you date girls that I told you were no good?" He sighs again "a lot" I nod continuing "and how many times did you get hurt?" He scratches the back of his head making eye contact with me "a lot" I nod "exactly Jonah, I let you make your own decisions but I let you make them because I can't chose who you date" he walks closer to me, I had already made it back to the ground. Jonah is a few inches away. "I'm sorry lu, I'm just so protective over you. You're my best friend, literally you mean so much to me and I don't want to see you sad or hurt because you don't deserve it" I smile and so does he "it's okay Jonah, and i understand I don't wanna see you hurt either" he quickly wraps his arms around me pulling me close, I hugged him back taking in the scent of his cologne. The door opens causing me to jump "you guys done arguing" I roll my eyes while turning around to see Joel standing in the doorway. "We weren't arguing" Jonah says calmly. Joel nodded "uh yeah you were, i heard all of it" the three of us laugh and Joel goes back inside.

"So we good now?" Jonah puts his arms up, I ponder "nope, bye bitch" I turn around only to get grabbed by Jonah and pulled right back into his big warm arms. I'm not gonna lie but that moment right there, I lost my breath, all I heard was the loud rapid beating of my heart and the beautiful green eyes of his locked me in. In that moment I felt the same feeling I did the night we first kissed, I don't want to start feeling as though maybe we were meant to because in the end that could be just a phase. But the feeling Jonah gave me is so hard for me to explain, its all these different emotions combined into one, I don't know if I should feel happy or sad, mad or excited it just mixed feelings but then there's butterflies and then I begin to lose my breath. It leaves me speechless. He pulls away but only far enough too see each other's faces, our arms were still wrapped around one another. I wanted to kiss him so badly.. but I couldn't, I can't and I shouldn't. He licks his lips slowly taking in a deep breath as do I, he rests his forehead on mine. I close my eyes and take in this moment as much as I possibly could before it would be gone forever. "I should probably get home, it's getting late" I swallow hard and nod before pulling away, "i'll see you tomorrow Jonah" he smiles and waves "bye lu" he jogs too his car and i slowly walk up my stairs still glancing back until he was completely gone. I sigh as I shut and lock my front door, my brother sat on the couch facing me "so you like him?" I let my shoulders sag "sadly" I mumbled.

💭

hi holy crap it's been forever um, im sorry I've had really really bad writers/life block you know how it is? Or not. Idk but YAYYAYAYAYA I POSTED 😂