25. daniel

Lucy's POV.

I wake up at 12,I didn't want to sleep that late. Last night Jonah made me feel like I should give my step sister a chance, I shouldn't be cold hearted even if she thinks my best friend is cute, my best friend that I just so happen to have feelings for. I shake off the thought and take a quick shower in hopes to re energize myself, I felt dead from staying up all night. When I was finally done and dressed it was 2, I was shocked on how much I procrastinated, I say in my bedroom for a few minutes in school just thinking, thinking about him mostly. It's heard to push him or of mind. I sigh before braiding my hair and walking out of my room to the kitchen. In my surprise there was a small post it on the table.

Robert and I went out for lunch but we still got you two something. There's subway in the fridge!
Xoxo

I open the fridge to find to footlongs, with out initials on them. I grab mine and sit at the table in silence, I scroll through Instagram to keep myself occupied. Bing!

I am surprised when I see his name across the top of my screen, I haven't talked to him in a while. I click on it opening the message.

Dani CV

hey Lucy, it's been awhile. How are you?

Hey Daniel, I'm great how are you?

I'm amazing and im actually in Minnesota this weekend and was wondering if you could show me around ;)

Wow really?! Yeah sure haha there isn't much her but I'll try my best

Okay great, I'm coming in tonight!

Excuse me if this is rude but why are you coming here?

It's not rude haha, I wanted a change of scenery

You sure?

Gosh you know me too well, I left Washington bc my girlfriend and I broke up. I didn't want to be around her

Awe I'm sorry what happened?:/

She cheated :(

Daniel..im so sorry

Don't be things happen! Would it be okay if stayed with you, I completely understand if not this is out of the blue and we haven't seen each other since last year

No ofc u can, i dont think my mom will have a problem with it, let me ask okay(:

My heart aches as I click on my mom's contact, poor boy got his heart broken. I wish I was around more but at least I'm around to help him now. My mom picks up on the second ring "hello sweetie" she cheers, I smile "hi Mom, I have a big favor to ask you" I hear her take a deep breath "what is it?" I do the same taking an even deeper breath "okay so last year when we to Hawaii,I met this boy Daniel he took me on a date remember?" I wait to hear her response "yes I remember, was very sweet and a gentleman" i smile a little "yes he is, well he's coming into town tonight and asked if he can stay with us. And I know we don't have another room but maybe he can bunk with me or Sophia can bunk with but he's going through something right now and he needs someone and I want to help him. I guess his first thought was to come to me-" my mom cuts off my panic and anxious voice "he can stay sweetheart, I think Robert and I are going to a hotel this evening" I knew why and part of me wants to gag but I don't "really?!" She chuckles on the other end, I didn't think she would say yes but I didn't expect her to say no "yes Lucy, just no shenanigans" a wide smile falls onto my lips "no shenanigans!" I repeat, I could see the smile on her face "Robert and I will be there soon to get some stuff before leaving,I love you" I wait a second to reply so I can hold down my excitement "okay love you" I say before she hangs up, I almost jump out of my chair. I honestly missed seeing Daniel, his beautiful blue eyes calmed me and he was so sweet a part of me wished I liked him, wished I would fall for him but I'm so far up Jonah's ass I only see Jonah, I mentally slap myself. Stop thinking about Jonah. Its not like I want to forget Jonah but I want him out of my mind for once, it's like he controlled my mind without either one of us realising it. I shake him away again and go back to the messages with Daniel.