39. exhausted

Lucy's POV

I follow the boys downstairs for breakfast, i steer clear of what's her face not wanting to make conversation or to even look in her direction. The boys begin to grab a bunch of food and the other people in the room laugh at how excited each of them were to eat, no matter what they made people laugh with how outgoing they were and it a mix of embarrassment and encouragement for me. Daniel opens the muffin box and grabs the last two muffins before anyone else could take them, he hands me one and winks. I place it on plate, it was blueberry, Daniel knew it was my favorite.

As I'm making my waffle I get a tap on my shoulder and I knew almost right away who it was. I glance at her "hey sorry about last night, I guess I was a little jealous" her voice was almost mocking and I could practically hear the fake. i smile fakely "no hard feelings" I place my waffle on my plate and turn away from her before she could say anything else, I hear her scoff and laugh to myself. I sit down at a table all on my own, after a few seconds Daniel slides into the seat besides me. Eventually Jack, Zach and Corbyn take the other seats, Jonah and what's her face sit on their own.

"how did you guys sleep? especially you Daniel, how was it sharing a room with" Jack gestures to Jonah "them" I get slightly uncomfortable before he answers "I didn't sleep in there, I couldn't. Luc let me sleep with her" I noticed Jonah's eyes on us, "yeah, it's not like it's the first time I shared a bed with him" corbyn sends a wink to Daniel thinking I didn't see "plus she makes it easier for me to fall asleep" my chest tightens up remembering the time Jonah told me that, i felt like I forgot how to breathe. I can't go a single day without thinking of him "that's sweet" I say, clearly distracted but not enough for the other boys to noticed. I look towards Jonah, I meet his gaze. He doesn't move and my breath gets caught in my throat, My mind runs wild but it was so fast I couldn't let a single thought process.

Daniel puts his hand on my shoulder, "Lucy, you okay?" I suck in air and cough "yeah" he pats my back as I breathe in and out, I couldn't tell how long I held my breath. When I was okay I look back at him, he was fake smiling at her. I wanted to smile at the fact that he wasn't really into her, I can still read him, not as much but some things never changed. I mean hell I thought ending things with him would help me recover but it didn't, deep down im still in love with him.

I got up from my seat to throw away my plate, "I'm going to get ready" i tell the boys before walking to the elevator, it opens and a girl steps in besides me. I click my level and she presses hers, "hold up!" I stick my foot out and Jonah steps in with his side piece, "thanks lu" my heart skips "you're welcome Jo" the girl looks between us all then looks at her feet, Jonah's girl begins touch him starting from his shoulders and down. I noticed the girl become uncomfortable and honestly I did too, "can you wait until you're not in an elevator with two other people?" I didn't care that I sounded angry but it's inappropriate. She rolls her eyes and shoves my shoulder "jealous?" Jonah grabs her arm "don't start" the elevator dings and the girl steps out and I follow behind her, the door closes "im not following you" I tell her and she turns to me "I know, I wouldn't blame you for wanting to get out of there" I smile at her she seemed sweet, "sorry you had to watch that" she shakes her head "it's not your fault, don't worry about it" I smile and nod at her before opening the door to the stairs "have a good day" she smiles and waves "you too!" I walk up the stairs and onto the next level, I open the door and Jonah is talking to his "girl" he looked angry but I decide to act oblivious and open my hotel door catching both of their attentions, their heads shoot towards me and I get inside to avoid any eye contact. I quickly change and pack up my bag, I received a text saying to be down in the lobby in 20 minutes to get back on the road. I wanted to get downstairs before Jonah but i didn't want to stand alone. I fiddled with my thumbs as I texted Daniel, I had my bag on my shoulder and I held the phone in my hand waiting for his response.

Daniel's POV

I walk into the room and Jonah was packing his bag as the girl sat angrily in the chair. I place my phone on the counter, I walk past her and grab my bag zipping it up. My phone goes off and Jonah looks over at it, his face scrunches "didn't know it was like that" he was angry, I glance at her then at him "what do you mean?" he looks at me side eyeing and picks up my phone "let me know when you're ready because I want to get away from Jonah and that bitch as fast as possible" I swallow hard, "Lucy." he says after a second. His girl quickly stands up "what a bitch!" I grab my phone from him "it's not 'like that' you've been extremely rude to her ever since you two reconnected. you can't even be angry" I became flustered "reconnected?" she hisses, I turn to her "oh Jonah didn't tell you huh?" She gasps and Jonah wraps his arm around my mouth "shut up Daniel" I pull his arm away and open the door. "don't touch me ever again" Jonah looks down at the ground, I know Jonah and he doesn't act like this. He was ashamed of himself and honestly I am too. He's been acting so different ever since the two of them meet again and I wasnt having it.

The door shuts behind me, I walk to her door and knock frantically. She opens it within seconds, "I heard" she whispers, she was staring at the floor just like Jonah was. I grab her bag and sling it over my shoulder then grabbed her arm "let's go" the walk to the lobby was quiet besides the shuffling of our feet. We met with the others, Jonah didn't look in our direction but his girl did. she stared at Lucy with beating eyes, she's was angry and trying to intimate Lucy but it wasn't going to work. Everyone begins to walk outside onto our bus but Lucy looks at me before walking towards our managers. I stay behind to listen "everything okay sweetheart?" her manager places her hand on her shoulder, she shakes her head "no, that girl... with Jonah is causing tension" my manager tilts his head "really? whats happening?" Lucy swallows hard and glanced at me before continuing "she's been very rude to me and even Daniel. I don't want to be in an environment where I feel uncomfortable and agitated" they nod understandingly, but then my manager calls for Jonah. Lucy's face reddens she tries to walk away but he stopped her "hey, just wait please" Jonah jogs over and he didn't look too happy but he put on a fake smile for him. "Jonah, I've received a few complaints about your girlfriend from not only Lucy but even some of the others" Jonah shoots a look at Lucy but she didn't meet his eyes, her manager nods and gestures for Lucy to speak "go ahead" She cleared her throat "I don't like an environment where I feel uncomfortable or irritated, she's been very rude towards me" Jonah's face quickly becomes angry "funny you would say that-" I jump in, "Jonah don't!" the managers stare between us, Jonah tapped his foot and I quickly wrapped my arm around Lucy "what ever had happened between you all needs to be fixed asap, and Jonah I'm sorry but you have to say goodbye to your little friend" Jonah sighs loudly and leaves the hotel. And My manager follows behind him, her manager stays behind "you're okay right?" Lucy nods and her manager sighs knowing she wasn't going to open up and scurries off. I walk with her onto the bus, Jonah was arguing with his girl as we walked past she mumbles under her breath "whore" Lucy kept walking but I couldn't take it anymore "listen here lady, I don't want to stoop to your level but you need to stop. it isn't cute or funny to constantly call people name's, it's honestly an ugly personality trait to be rude" Lucy grabbed me "don't waste your breath" she whispers, Jonah was almost starstruck but I couldn't tell if it was from me or Lucy.

She pulls me into the back of the bus and we laid in her bed just staring at the ceiling, she sighs "im mentally exhausted" I turn her head "maybe you should get some rest" she shakes her head "that won't work" she sits up and opens her bag pulling out her notebook, she begins to write and I watched her diligently writing. She would hesitate for a few seconds probably coming up with words or how to put something. She looked so focused and in the zone I just kept quiet, but I eventually slide out of the room without a single sound leaving her peacefully writing a song.

💭

IM SO SORRY THAT I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN ALMOST MONTH, SCHOOLS BEEN CRAZY IM SO SO SORRY

okay so Ive decided to give The boys manager and Lucy's manger names.

Boy Manger- Ryan
Lucy's Manger- Jan

I will call them by their first names and will help remind who they are in the next chapter