14. angel

Lucy's POV

Jack was only visiting for a few days then he'd fly back home to Pennsylvania. We decided to take jack with us mudding, at first I expected him to hate it but he had the biggest smile the entire time, after that we went swimming in the lake. Luckily it was warmer then usual. We stayed out the entire day running around town showing jack all the things we do. Although it's a small town there's a lot to do. Most of it might be illegal but we've never been caught.

"Today was fun" jack say glancing over at Jonah and I. We were sitting on the dock with our legs hanging above the water, a blanket of stars above our heads. "yea it was, it was well needed" Jonah turns from jack to me with a big smile. God I've missed that beautiful smile. "you're cool jack" I turn my attention to him, he smiled and reached out his hand. "so are you" we did the 'bro' handshake. I'll have to admit, Jack's pretty cute but I'm set on someone else. I can't get him out of my mind, he's always there. A cold breeze gave me goosebumps, I hid the fact I was cold but like always he knew. His arm snaked around my hips pulling me closer to him. He pulled me in so close I was no longer cold. I rested my head on his shoulder, it didn't take him long to rest his head on mine. "so do you guys do this all the time?" Jack turned towards us, and smirked. "not always, not all in one day" Jonah simply says. Jack winked at me and continued talking "it's amazing here, although I get no phone service it made me realize a lot more about the world" that's what I love about living here, I'm never really on my phone. "it's nice though, I love laying back in the grass starring up at the sky instead of looking at my phone" jack turned towards me "yea it is nice". We all stayed silent after that. We kind of just admired our surroundings. Jonah kept glancing at me, thoughts rushed through my head. I wish I knew what he was thinking, but if he would know what I was thinking he would probably run and be miles an miles away from me.

I knew the feeling in my gut wasn't mutual. This feeling came and went but recently I won't budge. He stays on my mind, all day everyday. I crave him too, which is a new feeling. My body would ache for his touch, the slightest touch from him and my mind goes crazy, my nerves go crazy. It's like he's attacking my mind, nerves and body. He has this effect on me and he doesn't realize it. For the longest time I liked to myself about this feelings. I would constantly tell myself "you're just lonely" or "you miss him because he's your best friend". I would constantly tell myself that what I was feeling was false. But the longer I sit in his arms I realize, these feelings are true. I can't keep lying to myself. I like him, I like my best friend. I can't keep lying to myself. I'm finally admitting to myself I like him. But I won't admit that to anyone else. Not Jonah, not my mom, especially not my brother. I need to keep this to myself. I don't need to get hurt or get made fun of.

"Hey I think we should head back it's late" Jonah whispers. I nod and stand up helping both jack and Jonah up. The walk home was silent except the cracking of sticks under our feet. "you going home tonight?" Jack asks as we approach the house. I wanted to sleep in my bed but jack was leaving tomorrow so I might as well stay. I shake my head "no, tonight is your last night here anyways" jack smiles. Wow. Okay he's so attractive when he smiles, but Jonah. His smile is and will be the death of me. Jonah chuckles and slings his arm over my shoulder. Once again my body begans to go crazy, I hope he doesn't feel my body heat and my nerves jumping.

We step into the cool dark house, we slowly walk up to his room making sure not to wake anyone. We all changed into pajamas and got ready for bed, we weren't tired yet so we talked for a few hours. Jack was such a sweet person, the last few days I learned a lot about him. His best friend is his mom and his older and little sisters. He's so close to his family and says he wouldn't be anywhere without them. He's been singing for years and playing insturments, he reminds me of Jonah on that part. I smile at them as they both ramble on about music and their futures. They seemed so happy and confident that one day they won't be small town boys singing in their hometowns but small town boys who sing at Madison square garden and go on world tours. "one day you guys will become everything you've ever dreamed" I whisper drawing both their attention. "you really think so?" Jack asks, I nod and poke his little nose "I know so" he blushes slightly and turns towards Jonah who had a goofy grin. "and how do you know that? Do you have a time travel machine we don't know about" I bring my index finger to my lips "shhhh don't blow my cover" I joke, the boys erupt into laughter. After they calmed down Jonah put his hand on mine "one day you'll be everything you've ever dreamed lu" I smile, one day I wish to have a ring on my finger and be Mrs. Roth. Yeah I know that's crazy to say that but I know there's something there, I hope this feeling is mutual. "I don't have any dreams" I say. He smiles slightly "yea you do" I chuckle. And move my face closer to his "and what might they be" he smirked leaning in closer.  What's he going to say. "you dream of becoming a princess" I roll my eyes and move closer "jokes on you, I AM a princess" once again the room is filled with our laughter.

"I like you Lucy, you're funny" Jack says. "I like you too jack, you're sweet" he smiles widely. Jack is too sweet, I feel like he couldn't even hurt a fly. "he's pretty rude if you ask me" Jonah jokes. I hit his chest "and you're a dick, what's your point" jack laughs and covers his mouth with his fist "burrrnnn" Jonah rolls his eyes. Jack and I high five one another. "so you guys are just ganging up on me now? Wow that's rude" we all laugh again. The conversation went on for another hour til we all began yawning, we pushed through until the sun creeped into the sky. "we should get to bed" Jonah says before yawning. Jack nods and stretches "goodnight or morning guys" Jack says laying back on his air mattress. Jonah picked me up and sat me on his bed. I got comfortable fast and Jonah wrapped himself around me. "Goodnight" I whisper, right as sleep took over my body Jonah whispers "goodnight angel". Angel that's a new one.

💭