10. pain

I sat up and felt my head begin to throb, last night I made a decision I never thought I'd make. Sofia and summer peered pressured me into going to this party. I'm not the type of girl who goes to crazy teenager parties. But I thought why not. That was possibly the worst decision I made in my entire life.

At the party

"We're gonna go get some drinks!" Sofia yelled over the loud music I nod only hearing half o what she said. I put myself in a corner because I didn't want anything to do with the hot and sweaty teenagers that were grinding on one another. I kept my eyes dancing around the room making sure to know my surroundings just in case. My eyes stopped when they noticed the boy by the TV. He held a drink in his hand and his dark hair fell loosely infront of his eyes but from afar I could tell he had blue eyes. He smiled at his friend who was making a joke my eyes wandered to him. He was darker then the other boy with caramel eyes and a bright smile. I felt someone's gaze and goaned back at the boy. We met one another's gaze. He smirks then she sends me a smirk. I quickly look away sensing that summer and Sofia aren't far away.

Summer hands me a cup and I sip it. It was rum, I swallowed hard. I'm not a drinker either and I especially hated rum. I smile at them pretending to like it but when they weren't looking I dumped into the plant next to me.

A taller guy walked over to and began flirting with summer and Sofia. I was use to other girls getting flirted with and not me. I decided to take a step outside. I sat on the cold concrete and looked out across the law that held sweaty, drunk teens. Some passed out and some almost having sex. I finally decide to take out my phone. I wanted to text Jonah but I was scared ever since our last call a week ago we haven't really talked much. I swallowed my pride and clicked his contact. The phone rang and rang but he didn't pick up. I frown at the screen as it eventually goes black. I stare blankly at my phone waiting for it to right up with his contact ID but it doesn't.

"Whatcha doing outside all by yourself" I jump a little at the voice and turn around to met the blue eyed boy from earlier. "Trying to avoid people" I joke. He sits down next to me and outreaches his hand "I'm Daniel" I smile and shake his hand "I'm Lucy" he grinned "such a pretty name for a pretty girl" I roll my eyes playfully "this is why I'm outside alone" he chuckles " you're cute" I smile "I know". It's his turn to roll his eyes. "Are you from around here?" I shake my head "no I'm actually from Minnesota" he nods "me neither, I'm from Washington" I nod and look out over the lawn again. "do wanna go somewhere quiet?" I smile at him and he takes my hand.

Next thing I knew I was in his bed naked with him inside me. Everything for amazing, this was only my second time but he did it so well. We went all night which surprised me that we were both able to do that. He laid back into the bed, breathless. "wow" I take deep breathe and nod "wow".

I can't believe I slept with someone I hardly knew. All I knew was that his name is Daniel, he's hot and 16, like me. I glanced around the bright opened room searching for Sofia. I finally found her laying on the floor between her bed and closet. Summer was laying in the bathroom floor. She was puking non-stop last night. I grab my head and rise from my bed. I quietly search her cabinet for ibuprofen. I came across birthcontrol and other prescription drugs but no ibuprofen. I frown and look around more. I finally find a bottle of Advil. I sigh and quickly wash it down with a water bottle. I walked back in the room careful not to wake the sleeping girls.

I pick up my phone and see nothing. No call. No text. No voicemail. Nothing from him. Why is he doing this? Is he mad at me? Did I do something wrong? I sigh and went into Instagram stalking people then lay my head back down into my pillow almost immediately sleep has washed over me and I'm out like light.

"Lucy? Lucy wake up before they suspect something" Sofia whispered shaking me awake. I groan grabbing my head again. I open eyes starring into theirs. "GIRLS? ARE YOU AWAKE YET IT'S 3IN THE AFTERNOON" my mom yells. All out eyes widen when we hear her footsteps. We scattered to stand up and act natural. I realised what I was wearing and ran into the bathroom Sofia sat on he bed. And summer ran into the bathroom with me "pretend like you're shitting" summer turned on the water stripping in front of me and jumping into the shower. My mom knocks on the door and Sofia opens it. "oh hi sorry I was cleaning my room" she steps in and looks into the bathroom she raised her eyebrows at me and I smile "hi Mom" she averts her eyes at me "mhm" I pretend to be confused and she rolled her eyes "so when did you guys come home last night?" "11" "2" Sofia and I say at the same time. "11 & 2? Did you guys come home at different times or?-" "yea" Sofia quickly answers. "well no, we came home at 2 then got hungry an hour later and went out to eat" I continue. Sofia nods, my mom crosses her arms over her chest "where'd you go for food?" "Taco Bell" we say in unison. Thank you Lord. She nods "okay" and she walks out. I stand up pulling my pants up. "Thank God" I mouth Sofia laughs a little and puts here hands together like she was praying.

I chuckle and walk back into the room changing into more comfortable clothes. Summer steps out of the shower and sits down drying herself off. Sofia got into the shower after her and I went outside getting some air. I finally open my phone and had a message from an unknown number.

Unknown
Hey, idk if you remember me but this is Daniel and I out my number in your phone last night but I was wondering if we could talk.

I bit my lip before deciding to text back.

Lucy
Yea I remember you, what's up?

Daniel
Well you see I never do things like that. And well I did. And I wanted to know if you wanted me to start over, I don't want you to think I was so pig.

Lucy
Awe ur so cute, ofc

Daniel
Okay well we should do it tonight because I'm going home tomorrow

Lucy
Okay I'm down where do you want to meet?

Daniel
Can I pick you up in an hour?

Lucy
Sure, lemme send you the address

I stand up and walk back into the room rummaging through my bag. "what are you doing?" Sofia laughs. "um going on a date" I smile. Sofia and summer get up "we got this!" They help me pick out my clothes. Sofia pulled out my black Lacey top and summer got my white shorts handing then to me. I quickly Jump into the shower washing myself. I change into the clothes and braid my hair in two french braids. I did a little makeup because it isn't my thing then I slipped into scandals. "you look so cute!" Sofia squels. "you got really tan too" I look in the mirror and smile "damn I look hot" they smile and hug me. "oh shit, I have to tell my mom" they shrug "it's just a date" Sofia says.

"To my mom a date is like I'm going to marry them. She won't let me go unless she knows everything about him". Theirs eyes widen "well go tell her!" I run out if the room and down the stairs. My moms curled up bext to Robert. "mom?" She looks up at me "yes?" I swallow hard and my phone dings.

Daniel
I'm here :)

There's a knock on the door and I walk over to it, my mom was now sitting up. I open the door to see a smiling Daniel. His eyes widen when he sees me "wow" he whispers. "wow" I say, his tan skin made his blue eyes glisten. "who's this?" My mom was behind me and I jumped. "m-mo" I stutter. "hi I'm Daniel, I was hoping to take your lovely daughter here on date" he outreaches he's his hand and my slants her head to the side taking his hand. " Hello Daniel, you have very lovely manners" he smiled "my mother taught me to have respect and manners for everyone" she smiles. Oh my god, does she like him? "Well Daniel, tell me a little about yourself" he bits his lip "uh my name's Daniel I'm just turned 17, and I guess that's it" she smiles and kisses my cheek. "you two have fun" my eyes widen "wait really?" She nods. I take Daniels arm and walk to his car. "that was easier then I expected." Daniel chuckled and open the door to his car for me. "do you really have manners or are you putting on show?" I sit down and closes the door he kebas into the window "trust me I have manners, I don't know what came over me last night" I shrug and got close to his face "i don't either but it's okay, I enjoyed it." His face turns red but he covers it with a smirk. He winks before walking around the car getting in.

💭