40. Minnesota

Lucy's POV

it's been 2 weeks since Jonah and his ex broke up. Jonah hasn't spoken a word to me since, I began to feel bad causing her to leave but then I remember all the shit she did to me. I wrote a few songs and I enjoy performing so much, our next stop is Minnesota. i missed being home, it's been too long since I've been home. After my mom moved to Hawaii with her new husband, Jace and his fiancé moved into our old house. I was told I could visit whenever it was needed but I haven't made the time too. Our managers made sure in our hometowns we could stay longer than 2 days which meant I could spend time home.

The bus drops us off in Jonah's driveway, my stomach flops when I realised how long it's been since I've seen his family, I missed them a lot. I missed everyone, sometimes I regret moving to California. Jonah jumps from his seat and the bus doors open and he runs off, everyone follows. I bite down on my lip and feel tears form in my eyes. His whole family came out with the hugest smile, I noticed how big sveas gotten and finally allowed the tears to fall. Momma Roth (ik it isn't their last name) look at me, she frowns a little and begins to walk to me "oh lu!" I noticed a few of them glance at each other because still not everyone knows what happened between us. she wraps her arms around me squeezes "you've grown so much" I feel more arms wrap around me and I knew it was his father "hi sweetheart" They pull away and svea squeezes her way between us, I lean down and hug her "how are your chickens" I say, she smiles wide "they're great!!" I hug Esther and follow everyone into the house, it was still unclear to them but I didn't feel like explaining. Everyone gathered in the living room just talking, there was a knock on the door. Jonah gets up to answer it "sup man" I glance at the door, "hey" I get up from my seat as he walked in. He smiled wide at me, I jumped into his arms "you're not 12 anymore" he groans "I don't care" he laughs and kisses my head, I loop my arm with his and walk him into the living room "boys, this is my older brother Joel, Joel that's Zach, Corbyn and Jack. You remember Daniel and Jonah of course" it was the first time his name rolled off my tongue in a while and it felt so foreign. He shakes their hands and fist bumps Daniel, "I got dinner ready!" momma Roth says. Everyone walks into the dinning room and I stay behind, I walk over to the fireplace and glance at the pictures. The huge whole in my heart grows when I notice the pictures of Jonah and I. I picked up one from our first day of High School together, we stands awkward next to each other. I smile remembering that day, I place back then pick up the one picture we took on his birthday last year, I had my head on his shoulder and he was smiling down at me. my bottom lip begins to quiver, I run my finger over his face. It's crazy how last year we were so close and we spent every moment together and now I barely even look at him. "hey" I jump and look up at Jonah. he nodded towards the kitchen and I put the photo back on the mantle and quickly try to wipe the tears out of my eyes. He watches me and I walk past him into the dinning room. I sit down and we all say grace before eating, Jonah sat across the table and he kept looking at me throughout dinner.

I felt so out of place being here, it's been so long and I feel like I moved to California and forgot about the people who meant the most too me. I help momma Roth clean up after dinner, she caught me up on everything that's happened since I moved. "oh sweets do you think you can help me pick up something later tonight? I have a surprise" I smile "oh I would love too" she pats my shoulder and walks into the living room with everyone else. I look out into the backyard, nothing has changed since I left people just grew up, a lot happens in 4 months. I dry my hands with the hand towel and let out a sharp breath, being back bring so many memories and feelings. I hear someone walk into the kitchen, I look over my shoulder and it's Jonah. He opens the fridge and grabs the water jug, he glanced at me before pouring himself some water. I turn around and walk out of the room "Lucy" he mumbles, I stop, why does everything feel so foreign to me. I turn around "yeah?" I searched his face from across the room "I'm sorry about um, my ex, I don't know why I let her treat you like that" I shrug "it's okay, it's in the past" I say before walking into the living room with everyone else.

He didn't follow me out, i watch him walk over to the sink and look out into the yard. He touches the towel before turning around, I quickly move my eyes away in hopes he didn't see me watching, I zone into the conversation. "So what's the surprise?" svea says her mom smiles "can't tell you unless it isn't a surprise!" she scrunches her nose and sits down. Zach chuckles, and he begins tickling her to distract her. Momma Roth motions for the door and we both crept away from the family to get away without anyone noticing.

We get into the small car and she smiles "you ready?" I nod with a smile. "ready as I'll ever be"

💭

periodt! jk OMG someone help me I started saying it as a joke and now I can't stop😭

anyways what do you think the surprise is???;)