6. just a little kiss

Her smile on her face sends a message to my brain to remember this moment for the rest of my life. She grabs my hand and hugged me tightly "sorry for getting mad at you" she says into my ear. I turn my head slightly and kiss her cheek "its alright, you had a reason to and I'm sorry for freaking out on you" I can feel the smile grow on her lips because her face was snuggled into my neck. "I love you" she whispers. I chuckle slightly "I love you too goofball" we hug in the rain for a while but I never wanted this moment to end. I loved her being in my arms, it made everything in the world feel right.

I swayed her back and forth as the rain started to turn into a drizzle. I began to sing to her but for some reason I didn't know why or how this song came into my head.

Wise men say
Only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay
Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you.

She moves her head to look at me, she raises her eyebrow ever so slightly but the motion made my stomach flop. Why? I don't know. "Jonah out of all the songs in the world, why would you sing that one?" I swallow hard and search her face to find anything, was she joking, was she serious, was she becoming suspicious of me. "I-uh I don't know it was the first song that came to mind" although that was the truth it isn't what I was meaning to say. I wanted to say ' I said it because I think I'm falling in love with you ' but then again I don't really know how to fall in love or how I know I'm falling for her. She's my best friend for Christ sake.