21. almost over

Few months later...

Lucy's POV

The last few months have gone by fast, and I thank God for it. I didn't want anything to do with school anymore I was over it. Shawn started dating Chelsea, she's cool but we aren't very close. Jonah and i have become closer though, he leaves some times on tour. It sucks not having him around all the time but he'll always be my best friend. I was waiting at his gate for his arrival, we had one more week of school and it was finals week. I see his fluffy chestnut hair and then his smiling face "luuuccccyyyy" he dragged on, I roll my eyes and embrace him in a hug. When he goes away he kisses my forehead. I smile up at him  "I missed you" he smiles "I missed you too" we take a few seconds taking in one another's presence before getting into his car. We drove to the only breakfast diner in town and eat breakfast together, it was Saturday morning so there was a few old couples eating breakfast together.

I got blueberry waffles and Jonah got a huge stack of pancakes, he told me about his small tour he went on and told me about someone throwing underwear at him and it landed on his mic by his face, we both started to laugh uncontrollably, a lot of the folks in the dinner smiled at us "you guys are the cutest" a lady said, all we did was smile and thank her. I missed having Jonah around, I mean he was only gone two weeks but two weeks alone isn't something I enjoy my mom went to Hawaii to visit her boyfriend and Joel was back in college, I decided to get myself something and I was excited to show Jonah, and my mom.

When we got back to his house Jonah watched as a small fluffy dog ran towards him "who's this?" He bends down petting the pup, "that's bernie, he's mine" Jonah picked him up and bernie began to lick his face "hes a sweetheart!" I smile and pet my puppy, he was a Bernese mountain dog, he's had light brown ears with curls and black spots on his white fur. "I bought him while everyone was gone" he turns his attention to me "so did you spend all that money you saved up?" I shake my head "yeah but only 100 of it, hes a rescued dog and I really wanted him i bought him for 50, the previous owner was selling him for 100 but I told him how  much I wanted the dog and he let me have him for half the price, then I spent the rest on spoiling him" Jonah smiled and Esther walked down the stairs in PJs and messy hair, she yawns "hey Jonah" Jonah walks to her hugging her "hey e, how are ya?" She shrugged and yawned again "very tired, how was tour?" He smiled "it was great" she smiled and hugged him again before walking to the kitchen. We followed behind her and Bernies paws clicked as he  chased us. In the kitchen was the rest of the family everyone hugged and asked about his tour. I fed Bernie and listened to everyone talk, I loved his family, they're all so close I'm even close with them.

While we were talking I took a bite of my waffle but it keep falling out of my mouth, as i struggled Jonah and Esther chuckled and I rolled my eyes at them then frown after my third attempt "that waffle is telling you not today" svea giggles, the family laughs at me and I laugh along. It's crazy to think that in that moment, I was happy, I was content with my life, it's crazy that small moment made me realize how much I loved my life.

-

Late afternoon

"My mom said her flight was delayed because of the storm and she won't be home til tomorrow" I flop down besides Jonah on my couch, Bernie jumps in between us and buries his head in my lap. "well then, what shall we do today?" I shrug and glance at the TV, there was a baseball game playing on the screen. I began to pet Bernie "I don't know, any ideas?" Jonah sighed and rested his head on the back of the couch "swimming? We can teach Bernie here" he tapped his head "how to swim" I nodded "sounds like fun, let's go" I turn to Jonah and he smiles "why don't we" we both stood up and Bernie following behind us. I changed into my bikini while Jonah went home for his trunks, it was the end of April and it was already in the 90s. I sat down on the floor letting Bernie jump on me, he was still a puppy and he was going to be for a few more months. When the front door opened Bernies ears shot up and he paused listening to the footsteps as Jonah got closer Bernie relaxed smelling the familiar scent of him. Jonah walks into my room and I take a quick gaze at the abs that have become more chisel then before, I'm not into that sort of thing but for some reason Jonah's were different "ready to go?" I ask. He nods and grabs the towel that sat on my bed. We walk together down to the lake with Bernie running besides us to keep up. When we got to the water Bernie walked right into it and began to drink the cold water.

His little nose was wet when he back towards us. We both walked into the water, Bernie stood at the shore watching us. I gestured for him to follow "come on Bernie, it's okay" Bernie's tongue fell out of his mouth and he panted before coming into the water. He swam towards us and followed us around in the water, we stayed in the water til the sun began to set. We sat on the shoreline watching the sun slowly disappear, the sky was red, orange, purple and blue. "it's beautiful" I mumbled Jonah agrees and I glance down at Bernie who was asleep with his head on my thigh. "today was fun" Jonah says after a few seconds of quiet, the only thing we heard were the cicadas and crickets in the distance. "it was, but sadly we have school soon" Jonah sighed "we still have a few more days" I turn towards him "yea but it's coming sooner than later" Jonah nodded "schools almost over lu, don't worry about it" I smile and look back at the now gone sun "we should probably get going" Jonah agrees standing up, Bernie was up and ready I reached up for Jonah's hand to help me up. He smiles and helps me "you're lazy" he jokes I smile "yeah I am" I jump onto his back and he moans "really?!" I laugh and he runs with me in his back I let out scream and see Bernie running with us, when we got back to my house Jonah threw me down into my bed "meanie" I mumble. He chuckles and plops down besides me, he was slightly out of breath and took a second to catch his breath. Bernie put his paws on the end of my bed looking up at us. I pat the bed and he jumped up on to my bed "I'm hungry" Jonah let's out as he looks up at the ceiling, i nod "taco Bell?" He sits up "yes" we both chuckle and I threw a hoodie on, Jonah didnt care enough to put a shirt on. Bernie got into the back seat of Jonah's old truck, we rolled the windows down and drove to taco bell with country music blasting.

My hair was flapping in the wind, Bernie let his tongue out his window and his slaber was all over the side of the rusty old truck. When we order our food we pulled up to the window, the kid in the window went to our school, I seen him around a lot but didn't know his name "you're total is 10.62" Jonah hands him a 20 and he takes it, when the window closes I whisper "he goes to our school" Jonah glances at him and looks him up and down "I don't think I've seen him before" I shrug and stop to talk when the window opens again "here you are, have a nice night" I smile and Jonah grabs the food "you too!" Jonah and i say cheerfully. We smile and drive off back to my house, when we get inside I clean off the table and we sit to eat, I got Bernie his own food and water and sat it besides us. We eat in silence but comfortably, we were both hungry, very hungry. After awhile I broke the silence "are we going to prom this year?" Jonah looks up at me "do you want to go?" I sigh "well it's not like we have too, we still have next year" Jonah smiles "Lucy do you want to go?" I nod "yeah" Jonahs smile widens "okay then, its settled we're going to prom!" I smile and Jonah sends me a wink. To be honest, I only want to go to prom because I want to dance with Jonah, I'm not crazy about dances but the idea of Jonah's arms holding my hips as we sway side to side makes my heart race. "what color would we wear?" Jonah pulls me out of my thoughts. I thought for a second, what color looks the best on Jonah? Definitely black but also yellow "Black, it's basic and plain but it looks the best" Jonah nods "black it is, plus you look good in it" he smirks and I blush slightly winking back at him. He chuckles and so do I, prom is less than a month away, I guess we should have thought of this earlier.

💭

hi they're gonna go to prom together! Do y'all think they'll kiss again? Admit feelings? Lmk :)