He was standing with beer to his lips and his eye lids sagging, Alexis wasn't in sight but he was talking to another girl. She looked high off her ads as well as Daniel. I could tell he was flirting with her, I take a deep breath and walk towards him. The girl noticed me first and she looked me up and down with a nasty look on her face. "Daniel we need to talk" I glance at the girl, then back at him "now." he tolls his eyes, "I'm ignoring you for reason" he still hasn't looked at, I furrowed my eyebrows, i looked to see the opened bathroom door 2 feet away. I grab his arm "hey!" I pull him into the bathroom slamming the door behind him. "Daniel James Seavey" he rolls his eyes again and mocks me "daniel James Seavey, shut up will you? God you're not my mother" I look him in the eye, he avoided making eye contact with me. he was too afraid too, I step closer grabbing his face "look at me" I whisper, he looks up at the ceiling "please" I whisper, he gives in looking at me. "dont do this to yourself, i know it's stupid, a few months ago we were in opposite positions but I know now I should have listened, and toy knew that too but please listen to me" he stayed silent, I pat his cheek "please" he cracks, he pulls me in and hugs me "I'm sorry" we say unison, we both laugh and hold each other.

••

Somehow I ended up staying for the party, Daniel and I stayed together to make sure we both stay sober of atleast somewhat. I was nervous to run into Alexis but she never showed up, I really needed to stay away from her. All we did we hung out was smoke and party and i dont want to do that anymore..it isn't me. I notice a girl talking to Daniel, he was only a few feet from me, you could tell she was into him but he seemed to hold himself back. I watched cautiously, making sure she didn't see me. She flirted with him but stood awkwardly nodding and smiling. He caught my eye and I open my eyes wider nodding towards her and mouthing "go for it" and he raised his eyebrow, the girl turned around so fast her eyes landing on me, my stomach flops, she was so pretty and made me automatically feel insecure. I gulped walking over, she watches me but doesn't give me a dirty look eventhough I wouldn't blame her for doing it. "can we have a minute?" I ask her sweetly and she nods and steps away leaving a few feet between us. He bends over bringing his ear to my mouth leaving enough room for me to whisper to him "stop bein awkward and talk to her, she's gorgeous!" he pulls away looking at me "I'm nervous" he fiddles with hid hands, "she's really pretty and I don't want to sound like an idiot and ruin it" my heart melts, his face was flushed and he kept biting his cheek "awww daniel" he covers his face "stop Lucy oh my god" I hug him and turn back to the girl, she was watching the crowd dance. "hey!" She turns, a smile on her face. She had beautiful green eyes and curly black hair, with freckles sprinkled perfectly over her cheeks and nose. She walks over "hello, im Eve" I smile "I'm lucy, sorry for interrupting you two" I step back, "eve, Daniel here thinks your beautiful and he's nervous because he has no idea how to talk to you" both their faces turn red and Eve plays with dress, I whisper to Daniel "good luck!" and wave goodbye to Eve but she stopped me "can we be friends?" she asks, I smile wide, i nod to Daniel "yeah, text me, get my number from Daniel and while you're at it get his" I wink and walk away, I felt so accomplished and over joyed. She was beautiful and I could already feel the sexual tension between them. and if they don't work out, I have a new friend.