45.

"There are many things my father taught me here in this room. He taught me: keep your friends close, but your enemies closer." ~Al Pacino
(the godfather)

*Imani's pov*

I sat down with Loretta for almost an hour telling her all about what ive been trough from the moment i got abducted at my own office until this day. The more i remembered the more i started to ask myself.
Why was it me who got kidnapped? Michael could've had easily kidnapped a Manager of a bank or a more experienced accountant but no i was his victim.

"Imani what are you going to do now?" Loretta asked me worried.

"Its not safe for you here in Sicily Imani you escaped again and even Valtor is after you your dealing with two Mafia lords."

I nod in agreement there was no time for feelings, pain and heartbreak i had to do something Because Valtor has been on a hunt for Makena and i and now Michael has started a hunt.

"Why cant you return to the US Imani?"

"I dont have anything anymore plus if i go back i wont be safe everyone knows that im married to The Don Michael Jackson if i go back to the US jail will be the first thing ill face."

"Imani something is telling me that you need to do a background check on yourself and i mean it."

"Loretta i don't have time for this really"

"Imani just listen to me and think for yourself.... as you told me your parents didn't treat you as they're daughter but as an bank account , i know these things are common in the US but also here but here is the question what did your parents do as a job?"

"My dad used to work at the Port of Houston as a Administrator for the Import and the Export. My mom was and has always been a housewife."

"What was your fathers Name?"

"Thats a good question....... all i know is that his name was Phillip."

A confusing smile appeared on Loretta's face.
"Isn't there something lightning up inside your head right now your a accountant come on Imani."

"No i swear i never knew his surname but i did know the one of my mother cause we both have the same one. My mother is African-American and my dad is French."

"Did he spoke French?"

"No he always spoke English inside the householding he never taught us French? And suprisingly he doesnt even look french at all."

"So what is your full name before it became jackson?"

"Imani Tina Braxton, Tina is my mothers name and my middle name."

Loretta nod and reached for her phone.
"Alright Imani iam going to call a Friend of mine he works for the
DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration)
and for the Interpol in Italy, lets just say he works for the US  all the way from Italy. All i want. Know now is where your wedding found place don't worry you wont get in trouble i promise you i want to find out who the guests were don't be telling me  they were all African American?"

"To my suprise Loretta no there were so
Many Western faces to to be honest and Italians or Sicilians i dont  see the difference in them.... i got married  at the 'Santa Rosalia Church' here in Corleone Sicily."

"Thanks Imani we will find out today what is going on here."

••
•••
••••
•••••
••••••
•••••••
••••••••
•••••••••
••••••••••
*puts phone on speaker*