30.

"Sometimes it's better to be with the devil you know than the angel you didn't know."
~Al Pacino

I shot Riccardo on his shoulder i wasnt a pro at shooting but at least i was able to have him let go of Michael and to drop his gun. Michael looked at me confused thinking that the bullet was meant for him but no i didnt want him dead.

Ricardo's groans filled the car even tough Michael was ready to jump him and to finish him i pulled him out the car with me. We then hears Riccardo yell for his man to get us so we went for a run instantly, we runned trough the woods not looking behind us Michael who was still injured by his arm didnt get the chance to shoot back at them because i didnt want him to get injured more then he already is.

"Let me shoot then Imani!!"

"Noo! Were almost losing them! Keep running Michael!"

"No!" He stopped..."i dont deserve to run away as if nothing happend you saved me again Imani i d......"

"STOP IT MICHAEL JUST FUCKING RUN! DONT GIVE ME YOUR SPEECHES NOW!" I yelled at him i felt the adrenaline pump like crazy in me we kept on running and running until we lost all the guards. We walked into a nearby cafe and sat down to catch our Breathes.

"Damn i never runned this hard in my life"
I said as i rubbed my face panting out a little.

"Im used to running i even runned for a whole night this one time."

And for the first time he made me chuckle.

"You know you sound stupid as fuck right now Michael?"

"Am i stupid or did you just chuckle and hell yeah i mean it there was this one time i was on the run for a whole night i was being followed by a whole Gang it was 1 against everyone girl but hey guess who won me it was worth the running."

"Thats ridiclious Michael but hey you won at the end like you said so it was worth it indeed."

"Wanna cool off Imani lets have a drink"

"Just get me water please"

Michael nod his head and got up to go and get us something to drink i sat down there watching him i could run away again easily now but my heart wouldnt let me i was scared of him and i still didnt trust him fully but then i remembered his words.

"I care about you because i want to become a better man i want to change for you i want you to open the doors for me i want you to give me a chance.....Imani i let you Divorce me but on one condition."

"What is it Michael?"

"Stay with me here in Sicily i want you to become my right hand you cant return to the U.S. Anyway it will cause trouble the government will have theyre eyes on you 24/7."

I was married to the Mafia himself going back home was impossible without getting into any trouble.

He allowed me to divorce him but in return i have to stay with him here in Sicily and live with him.

Then i remembered my wedding day...

"You look beautiful Imani" both ladies complimented me as i just gave them a quik nod.

"Hey look Imani look at me" one of the ladies said and as i looked up it was the Make up artist. "What?"

"Your not the first women who were getting prepared to her wedding to Don Michael the last lady that came here was  Aubre(check chapter 1 if you forgot) she was a former Lawyer he kidnapped her just like he did with you we wants a lady that has beauty, brain and heart. Aubre tried to commit suicide multiple times before the wedding she kept on getting beaten up badly by Michael it was her weddings day she got married with him after 2 months theyr returned back to the us because she wouldnt get pregnant and he wanted better medical help for her back in the us she had to undergo treatments everytime  all he wanted is to have a child but i guess with aubre it didnt work out since then no one knows what happend to her no one knows where she is."

"He must have killed her because she couldnt breed children with him."

"Only god knows and god is watching over her and over you whatever happens Imani stay strong your day will come dont lose faith"

"Dont tell me that please i lost my
Faith long time ago you dont know what he does to me your here doing make up to brides that suffered like me and i know im the next person that is going to get killed by him please dont tell me to have faith"

He is a monster.....what is holding me back from leaving him?

"Your water Imani" Michael said as he sat down with me drinking his ice tea. The more flashbacks i get the more nauseous i feel.
I took a small sip of my water i was deep in thoughts.

"So what your thinking about Imani?"

"Nothing important just thinking Michael."

"Have you made a decision yet about you know....us?"

"All i wished for was to go home but since i cant get my old life back i have no other choice then start my life here."

I could see a little smile creep up his face but he didnt knew what was coming.

"But im not divorcing you."

"W...what...you say?"

We both looked at each other.

"You wanted a chance iam willing to give you that chance divorcing you wont change anything either im living with you i have no other place to go i have no income i dont know the language here....nothing but i dont love you."

"You think you will love me one day Imani?"

"Never in a million year."

"ill respect that Imani cause i like you thats why i spared your live multiple times."

"I bet you told Aubre the same thing.."

And there he was his eyes darkened something i was very used to seeing.

NEW CHAPTER IS UP!

COMMENT AND VOTE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER!❤️

What is going onn!