•Special Chapter: Lait's Birthday•

Start from the beginning

Yinyu rolled his eyes. "Alright alright geez." He mumbled. And so, Yinyu and his weird siblings (does Aisuki, Casper and Otto counts as his siblings? Yinyu think so) left St. Peter's and went to a local theme park for fun.

***

"Another try!"
"H-Hey Yin shouldn't you give other games a try instead o—?"
"No Otto, I know I can do this."
"You spent fifteen pounds on this one stall!"

Lait was really intrigued when she watched her brother's hapless attempts in throwing darts at a balloon in a stall with Otto beside him trying to talk him through and get him to stop. "Sucks to be you loser." Lait commented as soon as Yinyu looked away with a single tear in his eye. Otto seems to panic a bit once he saw the tear. "Shut up stupid—" the boy took off his glasses and gave them a wipe, along with his tears before wearing his glasses again. "—like you can do any better."

Lait smiled before putting some coins on the stall. The stall keeper took the money and then shrugged before giving her three darts. "Oh my god! Don't tell me you're joining in the frenzy too Lait..!" Otto sighed. "Hey Yinyu, I am Lait Yi, the writer of Killer Instinct and I am the roommate of Maria Reginheraht. Who do you think I am?" Lait examined the darts in her hands with her observant eyes. Otto went quiet.

"The darts are too dull to pierce through the balloon as I mentioned in 'Killer Instinct' in the Epilogue. They're too old so there's no use trying to pierce the balloons with these." Lait remarked, smiling. 'They're also too blunt to kill anyone with. Too worn out. Otto must've noticed this since he's insisting Yinyin to stop.' Lait added in her head as she looked over at Otto. Lait took one dart and positioned it carefully; holding it like she's holding her sharp and trustworthy calligraphy pen.

She flung the dart and a balloon let out an unsatisfying pop. The stall keeper widened his eyes as Otto cheered. "Huh. The balloon seems a little too deflated to pop efficiently from the sound of that pop," Lait frowned. "It seems like Marii's right about scammers everywhere in carnivals and parks."

Yinyu stared at his sister in amazement, mouth agape. Lait just shrugged before throwing her remaining two darts at two different balloons, earning another two unsatisfying pops. "Look after my Yinny-boi will ya Otto...? Don't let him do anything stupid and feel free to stop him at any stalls. Aha you can pick the prize Yinyin," Lait smiled as she walked away from the balloon stall.

"...Because after all, if I want or need anything, it'll always appear in my grasp!" Lait chuckled as soon as she revealed the coins Yinyu and herself gave to the stall keeper to play the darts in her hands. She quickly pocketed the coins away before walking away with a satisfying smile. "Let's see - I can give these to the poor if I saw them on the streets or keep it to myself to get more bacon and cheese! Huh. I guess it's right when people say I'm stingy with money..! Haha. Perks of being a famous Phantom Thief of Hope for the poor I guess." Lait chuckled, "speaking of which, I really need to write a calling-card to my target but procrastination is at its finest right now..... I'll do that later!"

***

After a while of wondering around, Lait came across Casper and Aisuki competing it seems. Very violently. The talented duo smashed the whack-a-mole hammers down onto the poor moles popping out, earning a lot of cracks of complaints from the machines. People nearby watched in horror as well as fascination as the duo never missed a single mole, having reaction times and speed as well as strength par on par with each other.

"You've improved I see."
"Of course. I wouldn't dare to call myself a successor or Yinyu's most beloved sibling for nothing. I have to comment on your strength. You've improved Casper."
"It is to be expected. Lait relies on us with a lot of missions after all. I cannot let her down."