How is he?

Taehyung.
~
The plane finally landed. Stella slept through the whole journey. I carried her on it and she basically slept on me the entire flight.

I carried her out in my arms. The crew took our cases and Tannie and took them to the car. My precious son.

I put her in a separate car that took her straight to my house. I then went in another. I had to fix my hair.

4 hours later

I looked in the mirror. Not bad. It's been a while since I had black hair. Mother will be pleased. I headed straight for the palace. I then took the crown our of my travel bag.

I looked at it for a second, then placed it on my head.

"Welcome my prince." The staff had, as usual, all gathered at the entrance to bow at my arrival. It just made me feel uncomfortable. "Just Taehyung is fine." I smiled politely. I walked up the enormous marble steps. The doors opened for me immediately and I strode inside. I looked around. It was all still the same. The throne room, the hall, the grand staircases leading to different areas. I signed.

If only Stella were here.

"HONEY BEAR!" I heard a female voice call from the behind me. My eyes widened as I turned around. "EOMMA!" I cried. Not caring, I ran towards her, forgetting about her elegant dress, and hugged her tightly. I swung her around and then placed her back down, my back arching downwards to press my forehead against hers.

She was crying. "Don't cry Eomma. I'm here now." I whispered. She looked up at me and stroked my cheek.

"You look so handsome! I'm glad you have been eating well." She smiled, her face shiny from tears. I smiled shyly. "Ya! Still the shy boy I know!" She said, smacking my shoulder playfully. "Eomma!" I whined. She laughed.

"TAE? IS THAT YOU?!" Another female voice was heard. I suddenly was knocked on the ground in a tight hug.

"Ariana this behaviour is not ladylike." I smirked when we stood up. "Shut up dork." She stuck her tongue out. I laughed and pulled her in for a hug. "Your even more beautiful now. I'm going to have to be wary of suitors." I mumbled. She laughed. "Thanks weirdo. You look pretty good too." I smiled, knowing how high of a compliment that was, coming from her.

I then turned to my mother. "How is he?" My demeanor turning serious. "Your father... won't make it by tomorrow. It's his last night." I pulled my mother into the hug with Ariana. They all cried silently on my shoulders, me not caring about that. I then broke apart from them and held their hands. "Let's go." I said, mentally preparing myself.

We slowly trudged up the stairs and went down the corridor that lead into my father's room. It was as majestic as ever, the black and white theme style I had obviously gotten from him shown all over the room. I went to the side of the bed and looked into the face of my father.

He was awake, and was looking at me with a smile on his face. "My boy. My handsome boy." I felt my eyes brimming with tears. "Appa." I sobbed. He stroked my face. "It will be ok angel." He said. I looked at him and nodded. "Take care of your sister and your mother. Until you are ready, my queen will rule." I looked at him gratefully. "Thank you Appa." I held his hand and gently squeezed it. "You will be a great king my son. Your queen will be just as strong as you, I can feel it." He told me.

I felt like I had to show him that I was being a good son and trying to be King on my own terms.

I took out my phone and showed him a selca of Stella and I. "This is her Appa. Stella. The girl Eomma told you about. The one I like." He took the phone out of my hands with shaking fingers. As he swiped, he smiled at Stella doing a handstand, looking angry at me and finally, her painting the sky.

"I'm glad you found love my son. Your going to be an amazing king. I love you so much." I kissed his forehead and slowly stood up. "I love you most Appa." The tears were falling down my face freely now.

He then turned to Ariana. She was crying. "My beautiful daughter, never let any man tell you that you are weak. Your a Kim. We are brave. I love you my daughter." He said, smiling. "I love you forever Appa." She ran out of the room. He then turned to my mother.

"My queen, my everything." She kissed him. "I'll only love you." She cried. "He chuckled softly. "I know you will. I love you and our children so much." He said. "I love you." She said. He smiled, then closed his eyes. The heart monitor that stood behind a pot of flowers, suddenly flat lined.

He was gone.

~~

~E