"Brother!" She finally shouted, frantically checking her brother's pulse. His heart was close to not beating at all. "Please help me, my brother's dying." She pleaded, "I've called the 999 but they never came."

The man widened his green eyes in horror before cursing, looking down at his bloodied attire in panic. "Damn. *sigh* Alright, let's go. Follow me. We got no time to loose now that those bloody twats are on their way. Forget about them, let me nurse your brother." He said before walking towards her while turning and stretching his arms.

The girl thanked the man as he hoisted the unconscious boy up and carried him. They trudged through the cold snow remarkably quickly and the man lead the girl to a small little hut in no time deep into the woods that the girl never thought existed. The man took out a pair of keys and jam it into the keyhole and turned it, earning a click. He opened the door and ducked calmly as a knife came whirling towards him, dodging it effortlessly while the little girl flinched in surprise.

"Nice try Winter." The man smirked, "your aim is better than your last. But watch out, I have someone here with me." A white haired girl around the same age as the little girl herself, presumably 'Winter', huffed before rolling her blue eyes, "it looks like I need to practice more sir. I'll be the best before you know it, just you wait." "Where's Zero?"  The man asked. "I-I'm here sir..." A hesitant and meek voice muttered. The girl watched in fascination as a short male appeared, holding a cup of warm cocoa in his hands with a docile demeanour.

"Zero get the first aid kit in your room quickly. We got a life on the line. Wake Hvítur up or get him to me quickly. We need his help. As for you Winter, please accompany this young lady while I fix this injured boy."

Zero nodded and immediately ran off while Winter rolled her eyes. The man carried the little girl's brother to a room by the far side of the hut while Zero and another boy dashed out of another room and went after the man. "Are you going to stand out there or what?" Winter asked politely yet impatiently. The littlebgirl blinked before realising she's still outside and apologised. She stepped into the hut.

The hut was small, warm and have a nice and comforting atmosphere to it. The girl looked around the hut in awe, eyeing the fireplace and a few worn out armchairs, the small kitchen and then a few rooms with their doors closed in interest. There are a few knives and random bullets lying around but the girl paid no mind to it. She saw too much already to care. Winter doesn't seem to be one to start a conversation so the girl tried to start one.

"That knife throw.... I-It's impressive." She shuttered. 'Winter' cracked a small smile before hmphing. "Well, you could say I really like to be good at everything I do." "Aren't you supposed to go to school? You look like you're the same age as me." The girl asked. Winter paused before answering. "I'm not sure how much I can say without getting into trouble with sir but I can't go to school. Also I'm enlightened enough not to go." The girl looked at Winter questioningly while tilting her head. "Enlightened? What does that mean?" "It means educated." Winter simply replied.

"Winter..... is that your real name? Are you all a family? You, Zero and that other boy looks nothing alike." The girl said. "Well, it's not our real name. We need codenames like that to hide our identity and to keep us safe. Our codenames consists of random words that came to mind. Well, that's what my codename is anyways... And we're not related. We're just pupils of sir who took us in. Speaking of which, you've never told me your name." The girl opened her mouth and said her name. Winter widened her blue eyes before sighing in slight disappointment. "Codename I mean... sorry. It's no use telling me your real name. In fact I can take advantage of you with your real name. Anyone can go on the internet and stalk someone these days. Wouldn't it be weird for us to find out you're pretty affluent and break into your home?"

"Break into...? You mean you're a burglar?" The girl asked in disbelief. Winter nodded. "You can say that I guess. Think of us as Robin Hood in the storybooks. We steal from the rich and give it to the poor and ourselves. We kill the corrupted to cleanse the world. We torture the vain to give the kind an opportunity to step up. We're heros in the shadows." The girl stared at Winter in awe. "Wow, you're an amazing person!"

"Winter is just discretely showing off, it's kinda her thing," a voice chuckled. The girl looked over and saw the man walking out along with the two boys. "Your brother is safe. We got here just in time for him to regain his pulse. He need a lot of rest for now." "Thank you so much!" The girl gasped, "you saved my brother's life! How can I repay you?"

The man smirked mischievously as his green eyes gazed upon his disciples before it landed on the girl. "Do you want to be a hero like us?" The man asked. "If she's one of us, she can be a sniper or maybe a thief. I see potential in her, don't you think so sir?" The boy with a weird codename asked quite calmly yet excitedly, fixing his reading glasses that hides his alluring murky teal coloured eyes.

The man nodded before ruffling the boy's white hair affectionately. "Nice observation Hvítur. I feel the same way." The man then walked towards the girl and stopped until he's right in front of her, crouched down and extended his hands towards the girl. His green eyes clashed with the girl's brown ones. "I am Harry Robinson. I'd like to tell you what we do. As Winter said, we steal, kill and torture. Life of excitement, risk and danger awaits if you join. Would you like to join us and work hard to make a paradise for all and become a hero of the shadows?"

Winter and Zero widened their eyes when their mentor exposed his name to the little girl. They began bickering about how unsafe it is for the girl to know her name since his name is all over at the news because he's a savage serial killer as well as a criminal but the girl doesn't care. The girl pondered.

This moment, this decision will change her life forever. The police nor the government never helped her. She waited for the 999 to save her brother as well as her family but no avail, they never arrived. She clung into false hope for two damn hours but help never came. If it wasn't for Harry Robinson, her brother would be gone by now. Mr Harry Robinson looks out for his pupils and provide them with a warm shelter, support and morale.

The answer is obvious.

"Yes, I'd like to join you all.
Under one condition......"