Chapter Fifty-Seven

Start from the beginning

They took hold of the human, pulling him off the other dead male. Damien then cleared his throat.

"Whitetail pack wins!" He boomed and the crowd only cheered.

The alive man struggled as he was carried off the arena. Another guard, dragging the dead human forward. There was a large opening in the ground, a pit almost. The guard threw the human in, rising another cheer.

"We have to have every pack go through?"I whispered. Damien nodded.

"Indeed but most rounds will last two minutes. The arenas closing time will make sure of it" We are going to be here for a long night.

~

The crowd now was only growing restless as ever. It was nearing the end of the night with some of the final battles. Palm leaf pack vs Graysons pack Red moon. They were the only two surviving humans left. Both men look exhausted beyond belief.

They can barely stand up. Blood was running down their faces and bruises were forming on their almost bare bodies.

The sound of the bell came back on. They had to fight one last time. The arena started to close in its spikes as they didn't budge. The one representing Graysons pack stumbled towards the center falling.

The other one remains motionless as the spike drew closer. Then an agonizing cry came out as the spikes had sunken into Palm leafs champion. They pinned him at all his lImbs, the sight of blood coming out of his body made me sick.

The cries died down and the arena stopped moving as that man fell dead. Another cheer came from the crowd, Damien standing up from his throne.

"We have a winner. Blood moon pack wins" another loud roar from the crowd.

Then Damien came close to my ear.

"Come follow my lead" I nodded as he started to walk and I had followed him.

My nose was still sensitive due to last nights shifting, the stench of the blood made me want to hurl. My nose crinkled a bit as I kept approaching the arena.

The gate was pulled up allowing us to go in. The man in the middle was breathing heavily, keeping his head down as he was kneeling on the ground. I felt a headache and nervously looked up at Noah.

He grinned grabbing the other mans hair and lifting his face up to the crowd. They all cheered again and Noah chuckled.

"As your prize human. You are going to be my little toy until I kill you"

The man only gritted his teeth, glaring at Noah. I sniffed the air smelling strawberries. I looked around in confusion. I didn't know someone else smelled like me.

I glanced back at the man, the scent was coming from him. That's odd. I think Noah noticed as well as he hesitated.

"Why are you hesitating King?" A voice came from the crowd. Grayson.

His pack had formed around him and he forced his way into the arena. The Kings guard had gotten up and stood on guard.

"Why are you out of your seat Alpha Grayson? You won, don't make me show you what respect is" Grayson only chuckled and motioned to the man on the ground.

"He smells like strawberries. You both smelled it. Now who else smells exactly like that?" Murmurs went along the crowd.

"It's a coincidence. What angle are you playing at Grayson?"

"Queen Mallak is a human. Isn't that right?" The crowd went silent.

"Don't believe me? Ask my pack doctor who ran a DNA test on her glass. You can also ask anyone in her original pack. You can compare DNA of this man and our 'Queen', this is her brother, her real brother"

It remained silent in the arena. I looked back at the man on the floor my eyes widening.

"Annalise?" The man managed to get out as he looked shocked.

I felt frozen, feeling all the stares burn through me.