Chapter Fourty-Six

My head is pounding. What the hell? I attempted to get up from the hard bed underneath. Hard bed? I opened my eyes and resisted from screaming this time.

Why am I straddling Damien? In my underwear and bra. Don't scream. Don't scream. I took a deep breathe, the tingling sensation of the mate bond spreading through my body.

This feels so good.

No. Bad Claire. Bad Claire. Why does he have to be such an ass? He could literally be any other person and I wouldn't mind this. But no, I'm stuck with him.

He stirred, his eyes blinking open. His hands went to my waist out of instinct.

"You remember last night?" He asked, staring at my barely covered body.

My eyes widen.

"Oh my god, what did I do?" I know I drank last night but that's it. Nothing particular.

He smirked, his hands rubbing circles at my hips. He messed with the hem of the underwear, wiggling his eyebrows.

"We...we did not!"

"No but Drunk Claire is very truthful" I gasped putting a hand over my mouth. Oh no.

"What did she say?" He was amused. Meanwhile I was mortified.

"I'm a good fake kisser apparently" my cheeks immediately turned red.

I was flustered and now can barely get any words out. Then he frowned, a change from his amused smile.

"You still think I'm lying to you...Is that true?" Well shit drunk Claire. Thanks.

"We've talked about this before...but the results always end up the same Damien. It's a broken record with you" he felt guilty, his face matching his emotions.

I got off of him, running to find some sort of clothing. Oh great his shirt. That'll do. I slipped it on over my head, my cheeks still flaring red. His head tilted at me as he sat up on his elbows.

"I'm trying to fix it. I stood up to mother for you"

"Congratulations" I said with complete sarcasm.

He took the hint and scoffed. He fell back on the bed, running his hands over his face.

"What is it going to fucking take?" I raised a brow, my arms crossing.

"Noah I don't need your attitude this early in the morning" he mocked me by repeating what I said in a baby voice.

I was tempted to give him the finger but that would only get me in more trouble.

"Anyways enough with this. My favorite part of the month is coming up" I went to button up the shirt better to cover up my top portion.

"Favorite part of the month-" I stopped in realization.

Oh god no. Shifting. He only sent me a devilish smirk and he got up from the bed as well.

"Why must you remind me"

"I prefer wolf Claire over whatever you are" he motioned to my body, up and down.

"Charming as always" he winked at me, I scowled turning away from him.

Let me explain.

In the months I've been here we have figured out another one of my faults. My wolf apparently is bonded to the moon. So just like the human myths, I shift to my wolf form every full moon.

"Go shower. I still smell the alcohol all over you" he growled.

I only rolled my eyes at him. I'm not going to argue with him.

"Want to join me Noah?" I teased him. Just wait.

"In your dreams" he immediately snapped back sneering.

I went to the door, starting to un button his dress shirt.

"Last chance" I prolonged it.

I could already see Axel attempting to take over. Yet as predicted, stubborn Noah kept his place. I shrugged closing the door and locking it.

Let the fun begin.

~

"I see what you did now. You little-"

"Did you learn your lesson?" I continued to dry my hair with my towel acting innocent.

Noah only growled at me again, he was soooo pissed off I could just feel it.

All I had to do was get him in trouble with the others in his head. I'm sure they chewed him out once he denied me.

"No but you will" I gave him a confused look then he disappeared into thin air.

Then I felt a presence behind me.

"I don't like being teased mate"

"W-Well I wasn't going to actually let you shower with me and I wasn't teasing you, I was teasing Noah. Different person"

"Like you would ever want to tease Noah" he came down to whisper in my ear.

"And if I was?" My arms crossed in front of my chest.

His arms snaked around me as he chuckled.

"And now you are teasing me. Whether you think so or not" Now I laughed at this. I looked back at him to see him smiling. "That's new"

"What is?"

"Your laugh. Never heard that sound coming from you" he switched to Liam I'm assuming.

I shook my head and pulled away from him. He pouted like a child would.

"Oh come on, we were being functional for like a minute there"

"Never are we functional. I feel like getting out of the castle today if that's alright"

"Like a date?"

"No date. I just need to get away that's all. You can come along if you wish"

"Fine no date. I'm going to go clear my schedule, you can finish getting ready" he came down and kissed my cheek.

I rolled my eyes at him again. He only chuckled more disappearing as he went out the door.

Charming.