Chapter Thirty-Seven

"So this is completely normal?" He chuckled lowly.

"Well I cleaned your mark. You bled a little too easily" Awkwardly we both were sitting there on the bed.

"So what am I supposed to do again?" His personality changed. He grinned at me.

"All you have to do is lick the wound a few times" my mouth formed in an O.

I felt a blush rush up my cheeks. God I was so flustered hearing Liam say it.

"That reminds me. The whole blood thing. I thought it was bad to share blood with someone else. Like you can die from that"

"Wolves blood is different. We all pretty much have the same blood type and royals blood, once mixed with a regular wolf, changes their blood type" he explained. I nodded.

"Don't change the subject, this still hurts" he motioned to the mark.

"Right..." I bit my lip, still being the awkward child I am.

I got onto my knees, moving closer to him and staring at the mark.

"It can get infected like a tattoo if not taken care of" he continued to pester me.

I sighed then carefully ran my tongue over it. He gripped the bed sheets under him, mumbling a curse again. My eyes widen at the response.

"I'm sorry did it hurt?"

"No...no. It felt good...now I know what I did to you when I teased your mark" he laughed slightly and all I did was blush.

This new side of him I liked. Was it the mark that changed him? That made his personalities nicer to me? Maybe he is just tricking me again...no I can't think that.

For one last time I cleaned up the mark. It started to become clearer. The marks did look like a tattoo almost. It was faint but the mark resembled mine. The same wolf with a crown.

Still no words yet as expected. His eyes started to flicker to yellow. His eyes traced my body again making me nervous once more. Maybe the fact I'm on my knees, making the dress ride up didn't help me at all.

"We should go downstairs for dinner," he then got up holding his hand out for me to grab. I took it, lightly smiling. "After you my Queen"

~

As soon as we sat down at the table it was complete silence. A fierce tension in the air. Mom did not look very happy having to sit next to Michael.

On the other side of Michael was Martha. She sat across from as at the head of the table was Damien. My brothers all sat next to me, one after the other. Chase sat at the other head of the table, his eyes flickering between all of us.

The omegas started us off with drinks, then we all had to wait for the food  to come. My leg nervously bounced, just waiting for something to happen.

"So you're actually a werewolf now?" Chase broke the silence. I looked up at him and nodded.

"Yeah I am...much of a shock to me as to you"

"He said you turn human after a while after you shift...how does that work?" I just shrugged.

"Well I guess my system completely drains out the werewolf DNA. Then I'm human. So you know how technically everyone is human before their first shift. Well that's me, then I have to go through my first shift again and again to stay werewolf" They all cringed as I mentioned the agony I had to go through.

"Well I'm proud of you. For dealing with everything thrown your way...I'm so proud of you" my mother spoke sincerely.

I smiled back at her yet she continued to stare at me.  She was staring at the mark on my shoulder, she was frowning.

"Ma'am I know we didn't get off on the best start and that I apologize for that. Hopefully we can start new as your daughter and I have" Damien stoped in, probably seeing what I saw.

"Bullshit" Carson suddenly spat.

"Carson" Michale warned but my brother only glared.

"You shut up as well. You don't care about Claire you care about your rank. Then there is you" he pointed to Damien, getting up.

"Treating my sister like shit. Caleb told us the things you have done to her. All the shit you put her through and now she is Queen you're going to magically erase everything that has happened? Bullshit" Damien stayed quiet at his outburst.

"He isn't proud of the things he has done he-"

"Don't defend him. You're brainwashed into his games too much" Carter finished for his already fuming twin.

"She's right. I'm not proud. I apologize. Which I why my workers will take up building the rest of your pack up to its formal glory. I will also assist in anything that the pack needs such as supplies"

"Claire tell me you're not falling for this right?" I looked over at Damien making Chase slam his fist on the table.

"You're talking to your family. Not him" I could feel Damien become extremely guilty.

He can't control what Noah does to me. He knows that. All those rash decisions was on Noah not Damien or Liam. Axel was the one who beat up Malcolm and attempted to get close to me at the beginning.

They have to know he can't continue to be punished for things he had no control over. The omegas then broke the arguing by rushing out with plates of food. They bowed their heads in respect then quickly hurried away again. Damien waited for them to leave before speaking again, beating me to the punch.

"There are a lot of things you don't understand, Chase is it? A lot. I know things have been shit for your sister since she's been here, but I will everything in my power to attempt to make it better" Carson sat down, picking at his food. The table got quiet again.

I also picked at my food suddenly losing my appetite.