Chapter Thirty

"And you brought the medication didn't you?" I nodded putting it down on the bed stand. "You are actually annoying"

"I kinda care about your personality disorder. Do these even help?" I motioned to the bottle sitting on the bed.

"No they don't. It's a waste" he paused his eyes glazing over.

I waited patiently. His head tilted towards me, staring at me through his blind eyes. It still weirded me out. He then came to reality mumbling the word shit under his breathe.

"What's wrong?"

"My fucking mother wants to see you again. She doesn't take a break" I shrugged popping back up from my sitting position.

"I don't mind. Now I'm werewolf, there should be no worry"

"There is a lot of worry. We don't know how you being a werewolf works. This has never happened before in our lifetime"

"What could go wrong? Your mother would grow suspicious if I was trapped here. Plus I need some time away from you mister personality shifter"

"I don't like you out of my sight"

"I've been here long enough to the point where I'm use to being trapped. I don't think I'm going to run now or give up your secret mate" I teased finding that weird confidence again.

"So now I'm mate to you?" He raised his brows in amusement. I shrugged.

"Sadly. Anyways where is she? I'll go join her"

"Dining room...I'm going with you" I rolled my eyes. The one time I can get away from him I'm still tied to the hip and not in a good way.

"If you insist" I mumbled.

He put his hand on my back to lead me, I could still feeling the tingles from his touch. Stupid mate bond.

A few wolves gave us smiles, some bowing their head as we walked past. It was odd. I'm used to be looked down upon but now things are different. I'm mated to the fricken King. Of coarse things are going to be different. One of the many perks of being mated to him....yes I'm being sarcastic.

When we stopped into the dining room, his mother automatically looked up as if sensing it was us. She immediately smiled, standing up.

"Oh my little boy and Claire. Great to see you again!" She cheered, squeezing me in a hug.

I gave her an awkward hug back as I was not expecting that at all. We both then pulled away and she gave her son a hug except he was much better at it then I was. Again she pulled away looking cheery as ever.

"So a little birdie told me someone got marked!" I don't think China heard her.

Damien's eyes widen, a slight blush creeping on his cheeks.

"M-mother! You don't have to announce it" Awe he was flustered.

Okay seeing him like this made me feel a little bit better about coming down here playing pretend again.

"Then...I heard someone went into heat right after...so when are my grand babies coming?" Now both of us were in complete shock.

What is heat? What the heck is this woman talking about?

"No mother we did not have sex if that's what your referring to" wait...I'm totally missing something.

"I heard you had to lock her up because she smelled like that. I don't want to die before you give me grandchildren. Stop being so dull son and you are allowed to let loose with your mate" his blush only grew.

The thought of him and I in bed made me want to hurl-....wait. Him naked..... Claire stop! Bad Claire! Stupid mate bond giving me these thoughts!

I felt his persona begin to change, the slight headache letting me know.

  "I said to knock it off!" He barked back.  The mother didn't even flinch. She rolled her eyes.

"I'm only playing. Relax" she said in a calmer voice in an attempt to calm the beast down.

He went to retaliate again but froze. Once more his eyes had glazed over. That gave his mom an opportunity to talk to me again.

"I'm sure you've had a rough few weeks here dear"

"Yes it's been a hassle and all but in the end I'm still here" I laughed nervously. She just smiled then her nose crinkled. "Is something wrong?"

"Y-Your scent. It smells odd, like really odd" I raised a brow at her.

What is this woman talking about now? Then her eyes narrowed at me, anger beginning to pulsate off of her.

"You smell like human" she growled. How did she know that? I turned! I thought I didn't have to worry about this anymore!

She went to attack me but Noah got in the way of her, grabbing her hands to settle her down.

"We are not making a scene right here. Both of you go up to my room now" His voice was deadly as ever.

His mom snatched her hands away, glaring at me with anger still. I looked at him panicked but he shared his mother's look.

Uh oh. Now we are back to square one aren't we?

I gulped feeling that same I felt all those weeks ago. Suddenly I lost my confidence. I kept a distance behind his fuming mother as I followed her to the room.  When I walked in it was like she pulled a disappearing act. Then out of no where she slammed me against the door closing it. I yelped, the impact almost knocking the breath out of me.

"How did you do it? Hide your scent from me? How did you manipulate my son to make him think your his mate?! Tell me how now!"

"M-Martha please!" Her arm was pushing down on my neck, the ability to breathe was becoming harder to do. I tried to push her away but she stood still as a statue.

"How dare you! You dare come into my home after what you people have done to my mate and kids! Your death will be fun. I can't wait to see your blood run on my floor" this new side of her scared me.

It scared me so much. She started to add more and more pressure down onto my neck, my last bit of air slipping away from me.

Damien I assume burst through the door sending us both tumbling back. I found the floor, coughing as I could finally breathe again.

"Are you fucking insane?"

"I'm insane? She manipulated you Damien! She is human!" I tried to get away by crawling but she pulled at my hair making Damien growl.

"Let. Her. Go. Now before I have to repeat myself" now would be another good time for the earth to swallow me so I can escape the situation.

She let go of me, fuming. "She is not manipulating me. She is my mate and she was originally human"

"Originally human? I don't understand"

"Sit down" He ordered. She did as she was told and then he helped me up. He whispered into my ear.

"Ill explain everything, stay as far away from her as possible and don't speak"

I felt the same fear I felt all those weeks ago. It was terrifying.