Chapter Fifty-Three

"James..." I attempted to snap him out of his thoughts.

Currently we were both training in the gym the guard quarters had. He was holding the punching bag for me but had started to loosen up and zone out.

"What? I'm sorry did you say something?" I sighed , adjusting my gloves.

"Look I get your still freaked out by...you know what. But please don't shut me out, I thought we would at least still be friends" he let go of the bag, putting his hands in his pockets.

"We are. It's just different now. Im sorry just it has me thinking a lot" there was a loud bang making my head snap over to the noise.

Someone was pinned down in the boxing ring while another man was laughing over him. I looked back at James.

"What are you thinking about?" He then scratched the back of his head.

"My kids. My mate. You guys are keeping all these secrets and for something like that to be held from the public. What else are you hiding? What else are you hiding that can hurt my family?"

Oh James you don't want to know...I didn't tell him that, I only shook my head.

"Trust me when I say that anything we keep from you is to protect you. Your family will never be hurt. You have my word" Both of us locked eyes with each other.

A moment of silence.

"Okay Claire...I trust you" I then smiled lightly, he rolled his shoulders.

"Now go again. We still have a couple sets to get through" He motioned to the punching bag, holding it steady.

I immediately got ready, taking my first swing.

~

I walked out of the gym, wiping the sweat off with a towel. I heard little giggles coming from down the hallway. I turned and smiled, crouching down.

"Auntie Claire!" I was tackled by two little girls, engulfing me in a hug.

"Hello my little princesses" I looked up to see Tatyana with the two girls on her hips.

She looked tired but still smiled seeing her mate. He walked over with a big grin and took the eldest girl from her. She cradled the other baby better. He then gave her a peck on her lips as a greeting.

"Hello to you too. Ah Hello Claire how are you?"

"I'm doing well. You look more tired then usual"

"Don't remind me" she sighed, moving her hair out her face.

"When was the last time it was just you two?" I stood up and immediately the two girls latched onto my legs.

I didn't mind.

"When was Anaya born?" James turned to his mate. She scoffed rolling her eyes.

This has to be a perfect opportunity. I have to gain James trust again. I'm sure Damien won't mind if I do everything.

"How about I take care of the kids and you guys have the day off?" The little girls then gasped and squealed.

"Please mommy!"

"I want to hang out with Auntie Claire"

"Please?!" James then told them to be quiet but they still gave their parents a puppy dog eye look.

"Would the King mind? I don't want to pressure you guys especially with Lupus Noctem coming up. And do you even know how to take care of a baby?"