Chapter Twenty-One

"We have to go back...we have to" I cried to Caleb.

He was pacing. I had told him everything that happened, even the kiss. Not the part of the multiple personalities but that is beside the point. After two punches into the wall here we are.

"No shit Claire. But we cant. We are stuck here, I'm being deployed in few day, we can't go back to them!" He tried to say the middle part in a mumble, I heard him.

"D-Deployed?" Noah was truly ripping my family apart. He truly was cruel.

"Claire you knew this. You knew I had to leave. I was only here for training. He moved the date I have to leave...up" he ran out of breathe.

My whole life is absolutely destroyed. All this crying and by this point... I was done with the heartbreak. Then there was a hard knock at the door. I tensed up immediately as did Caleb. Then Caleb got mad. He stormed to the door opening it angrily. Then his fist swung automatically, swinging at the person there.

There was sickening crunch, then Damien stumbled through the door tackling Caleb to the ground. Damien threw a punch down on Caleb's face. He was already pinned and being beaten to a pulp.

"N-No stop!"  Damien let another punch go down before getting off of him and backing off. I helped my brother up, looking at him as is wounds began to heal ever so slowly.

"You fucking bitch! She is my sister and you can't treat her like a sex slave! You can't treat her as less than dirt!" I'm assuming Damien's eyes narrowed.

"Thats just how it is. Not my fault she is my mate who is being very difficult"  it had to be Damien.

It wasn't Noah, he had a more aggressive tone. Damien was more controlled with his emotions and rationality.

"Difficult? Difficult? She is human for fucks sake! Take her emotions into consideration" Caleb got into Damien's face again.

I could sense he was about to go all Noah on him. But he remained calm as Caleb went on.

"Making you mad you said. Right? That gives you a right to burn down my pack? In what fucking world do you live in? You won't even let us go see our family to make sure they are okay. You are a bastard and should rot in hell" Yet Damien only shrugged seeming calm.

"Fine you want to see them?" His voice came out calm as well. Then he shut his eyes his neck craning. He opened them again, his pupils dilating.

"Anything for you Claire...anything to make this better" Liam. Now I feel bad. He had no control over the other monsters. I gulped, Caleb giving a confused look at the new tone.

"P-Please. Let Caleb go too. I need him there as well" I begged hesitantly stepping closer.

"T-That can be arranged. Tomorrow morning. But uh Caleb. Deployment will be on the same date" Caleb nodded. He was still fuming but kept his cool. "Claire lets go"

"Fuck no is she leaving with you!" Liam looked sad. This made me feel guilty sadly.

"It's fine Caleb...I'll be fine" I walked over to Liam.

He took my hand in his sweetly, running his thumb over my knuckles. I blushed lightly looking over at my confused brother.

"C-Claire. Are you out of your mind?" Yes, yes I am Caleb. I think I'm falling for one fifth of my mate.

"It's fine. Trust me" I said again falling under his trance.

The light sparks still lingered in my hand. Caleb still was very uncomfortable with all of this, I could see it. My mind just couldn't be bothered by it, Liam's here. Liam is the only one in Damien that actually cares for me. He then tugged at my hand lightly, leading me back to our room.

~
In the morning we had a very awkward car ride back to my home. Both Caleb and I sat in the backseat while Damien and his body guard sat in the front. They mumbled quietly to each other the whole time while Caleb and I sat in complete silence.

When we got there, I was mortified. Most of the buildings had been completely destroyed, all of them were burnt to a crisp. They stopped the car and I immediately rushed out to inspect the damages. At the entrance there was a few people staying guard, a makeshift fence blocking all the way around the pack.

One of the Men looked up at me and I immediately recognized him. It was Malcolm. I never thought I would ever be this happy seeing him again but I was. I let out a cry running into his outstretched arms, he met me halfway.

"Oh Claire, god I was so worried about you" he was tall enough to the point where he lifted me off the ground to hug me.

"I'm so happy to see you Malcolm, thank god your okay" he set me down, still keeping a hold at my waist as usual.

"What the hell happened to you? I heard you got taken by the King but no one knew if you were dead. Your mother...you need to go see her she is worried sick. Your brothers have been trying everything to get you back" someone cleared their throat from behind me.

I turned to see Axel, his yellow eyes were narrowing at Malcolm.

"You have a lot of nerve coming back here" my eyes widen at Malcolm's response.

"You have a lot of nerve putting your hands on my mate" He spat back.

The men at the gate all stiffened gasping. They were all as shocked as I was finding this information out.

"She was mine first, get in line" he came next to me to put his arm around my shoulders.

Oh no what is he doing? Does he want to die?

"I see no mark so I can do what I please" Malcolm will die today for sure.

"What is he talking about Claire?"

"I am not talking about this now Axel. I'm going to see my family and Malcolm is apart of my family. Get over it" I spat back.

I took Malcolm's hand, allowing for him to open the door and let me into the pack or at least what was left of it.