Chapter Thirty-Six

"You may ask questions" Damien's arms wrapped around my waist, putting his chin on my shoulder.

He was putting on a great show for the cameras, he was trained for this.

Everyone swarmed the front of the steps to get to the thrones. Multiple guards kept them back as they all were speaking, trying to get my attention.

That is a lot of people. I looked through them randomly picking one of the almost screaming people.

"Is it true you are adopted?" Straight to that aren't we. Watch my words. Don't give away too much.

"Yes" I picked another person that was in the back of the room.

"Why was your brother sent to the frontlines of the war?" I felt Damien's arms squeeze me a little bit, maybe in warning to tell the truth.

"Before I met Damien at my pack, Caleb had already agreed to honor the family by helping the Kings guard" he released me a little bit, I must've answered right.

"How do you feel about your father denying that you ever were apart of his family?" I paused for a moment.

What? I looked over at Michael who still kept his straight face. My mom didn't look at all happy.

"No comment" Damien growled as an answer.

"Rumors spread that a human was seen with King Mallak in his chambers. Do you have any comment to that?" My eyes widen just a little bit.

Keep your calm. Answer right and you won't have to face his terror later.

"That was before my time I have no right to judge him"

"How come you haven't taken any training classes at the school you attended to?" Wow they must have really dug deep into my past. I shook my head.

"I was trained privately at home" keep it simple and keep going.

"Can you explain as to why you were in the arms of another man when you already met the King?" I gave them a confused look.

That person then pushed through the crowd handing me a picture. I gasped seeing it was Malcolm and I, kissing. It was when we went back to see the damage the King has done.

"N-No comment" I squeaked out.  Damien growled, I could feel him starting to get ticked off.

"My Queen we need an answer for that. What is this mans name?"

"Are you still seeing him?"

"How could you be the Queen and have another man in your life?" The questions were starting to pile in leaving me in a confused state.

I'm not allowed  to answer that. I felt a small headache. Oh no, he's changing again.

"Shut the fuck up now. If you have any questions regarding the Queen that does not involve this man please ask. If not you can get the fuck out of my castle" the room fell into a deadly silence.

Noah then took his arms off of me stepping back as he stood his ground showing dominance.

"You are dismissed" they all scrambled out of the throne room.

The doors shut leaving only the family. Quickly Noah had changed back, I'm assuming to Damien.

I turned around to see my families wide eyes and Martha's stern glare. It was silent for a bit until Martha spoke.

"How dare you bring a whore into this family?"

"Excuse me? You did not just call my daughter a whore" my mother cut her off growling at the end.

"Indeed I did. She is running off with another man, my son is even aware of it and let's her do it. A human whore at that. Thank god the press didn't know she was the human"

"Mother she isn't human anymore, you know this"

"What did you do to her? How is she even able to have canines?" I went to speak but was cut off.

"The mark changed her genetics. When she shifts her genetics of a wolf last a day then disappear again. She will be human tomorrow"

"And I want to guess you marked her against her will? Maybe that's what turned her. How could you do that to her? She wanted to stay human, she never asked to be like this or to even be the mate of a monster" I gasped seeing Damien's hands tightened into fist.

My mother never talks like this, she would never-

"Tina that is enough. Know your place" Michael growled.

"You want to get me started Michael?" I finally got to speak. Everyone turned their attention to me.

"Excuse me?"

"Disowning me as not being your child. At least I considered you a step father. I cleaned your house. I cooked your food. I was obedient, I never revealed that I was human. I hid when I was told to. I took your mental abuse and you still disown me?" I scoffed at the end, looking away from him.

The boys continued to stay quiet, I'm sure they will get to put in their comment when we are away from the King.

"And for that I have a problem with. You made the Queen upset" Damien's arms crossed, he was clearly annoyed.

"Actually you too mother. Now dinner will be served in a while and I expect that you will act with respect in my castle. There will be no discussion as to what happened at the press conference. There will be no discussion of internal conflicts is that understood?"

"My King I-"

"Do not push my buttons or you will suffer the consequences" He said sternly, giving a death stare to Michael.

"All of you are dismissed" they all started to move, listening to his authoritative tone.

My brothers gave me sad looks as they had to follow their bickering parents.

Martha had stormed off to go upstairs, she was cursing under her breathe. I then turned my attention back to Damien who was clearly still ticked off.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean for this to-"

"Claire" he said in warning but I continued.

"I'm with you I didn't want to make it seem like I was cheating on you. B-believe me I didn't. Im so sorry I-" I was scared to death he was going to do something to my family.

Now that they are here it makes it easier for him to do something. He cut off my speech with his lips being on mine. I was a bit shocked by this. All of a sudden and now he wants to kiss me? Damien wants to kiss me?

He didn't let me move as his hands found my waist holding onto me for dear life.  I wrapped my arms around his neck as my eyes fluttered shut. He reached up grabbing one of my hands and putting it on the fresh mark he had. He groaned pulling away and stared at my hand.

"Listen. You didn't do anything wrong. I don't hate you. Not anymore. I did. I really did. I didn't think you had it in you to be Queen. Today you proved me wrong. I respect that"

"So what terms are we on then. Respect?"

"We are mates. We will always be mates" his eyes flashed yellow making me gulp. "Let's just say I'm warming up to you"

"And Noah?"

"You don't have to be his mate. Your mine"  I nodded still being slightly conflicted.

My thumb instinctively ran over his mark again making him let out another groan.

"You did a shit job by the way. Let's go upstairs so you can clean this up"