Chapter Fourty-Five

"Your highness just a few more questions?!"

"How are you feeling? Will there be new rules considering your brother was killed in the war?!"

"What is happening with you and the King?"

"Has you ex lover been in the picture at all?"

"Are your other brothers single?!"

Currently I'm being yelled at by a press group. Damien was keeping an arm securely around my waist, keeping me grounded. I can't believe I'm already out here so soon. Well not so soon, it's been weeks...but still.

"My Queen will not being addressing any of these questions because she is still grieving. The royal family asks that all media gives us all time as this is a traumatic time and a time for healing" I stayed silent as I was instructed to do so by Damien.

He admits not wanting to do this but it has to be done.

"Dismissed"

He waved his hand off, his voice becoming powerful once more. The press once again started to ask questions as they were still being held back by guards.

"Come on" he whispered into my ear tugging on me.

It snapped me out of my daze, I nodded, shuffling with him.

They shut the grand doors behind us, a loud bang sounding. I flinched the slightest bit. Damien's arms only gave me a squeeze of reassurance.

Then in front of us stood his mother, her arms crossed in front of her chest. I stiffened again, my emotionless gaze catching hers. Then she frowned, her arms dropping as she walked over to us.

"Claire I...I'm sorry for your lost. If you need anything I'm willing to-"

"Mother. I don't think you chose an appropriate time to be talking to my mate" he got possessive real fast, his arm tightened again.

"Damien I only want to apologize for-"

"Save it" he was definitely angry.

I put a hand on his chest, making him look at me. I didn't want him to turn.

"She's not worth it" I mumbled.

He immediately relaxed. I pulled away my eyes going to the floor. He tugged on me, also while I'm assuming, glaring at his mother. We started to walk towards the steps.

I wriggled out of his grip, quickening my pace to get away from him. I could hear him sigh as my arms crossed in front of my chest and I felt like caving in.

I'm still waiting for the earth to swallow me whole.

I felt my heart rate speed up a bit when I made it to the room. There was a book on the bed. Steadily I walked over to it and my eyes instantly started to tear up.

J.M Barrie. Peter Pan

I opened the first page and felt like my world was starting to crash again. It was our book. It was me and Caleb's book. Our names were on the first blank page.

This book belongs to Caleb and Claire Westbrook.

Both of our names in each other's handwriting, messy for being so young. My hand traced over his writing and the tears were flowing down.

A tear drop fell onto the page. I closed the book holding it close to me. I felt arms wrap around me and I didn't even bother pushing him away anymore.

He said something in my ear I again didn't bother to pay attention to at all. So I ignored it.

"Where did this come from?" My voice came out rough.