Chapter Eleven

That night I didn't sleep well. Yet again, what a shock right? Again I was on the floor. But that's every night. He was kind of nice, kind of. A slimmer of, kindness. That was only the first night. But not enough.

Now he has the perfect plan to use me. Is this how all royal arrangements go? I remember my mom, well Tina, reading those stories to me again. That's what I dreamed about. Her. I dreamed about her and my brother and I all cuddled onto one tiny, twin bed as we all wanted to enjoy the story. I remember the stories of all the princesses, running away from their parents arrangements to go with their true love. My mother knew I loved those stories, she gave me a book she found, Romeo and Juliet. When I was older she gave it to me.

I didn't understand the story much but she sat with me every night to try and read the language and help me understand. It was a type of Old English, not what we use or what the humans use now. It was a rather old book. Thinking about this wasn't helping me at all.

I woke up in the morning as per usual to a tugging at my ankle. The damned chain.

"I'm taking you out so you need to look presentable" I groaned, struggling to get up. "Come on...lets go"

"Stop rushing me. Why am I even going out?" He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"My mother wishes to have lunch with you" Lunch?

I haven't thought about real food in...days. I've only been eating almost raw meats, scraps is what I've been getting. I gulped. Just thinking of biting into something.

"So how much...makeup do you need to cover up the bruises still present?"

"Only some concealer maybe.." I mumbled. He nodded, going to the door.

"Ill get you things to make sure you look like you weren't dragged through a dumpster. Go shower with my shampoo so my scent is over you" I cant believe I am fucking doing this.

He left the room again. I looked over at the bathroom, biting my cheek. Some hot water sounds nice right now. So I went into the bathroom, taking a towel from the closet and locked the door. Maybe the shower isn't such a bad idea, I do look like I've been dragged through a dumpster.

~

Midway through the shower there was a hard knock on the door. Then a muffled voice. I couldn't hear him over the running water.

"Hold on a minute I am almost out" I said.

To be honest I literally was just standing under the water, letting it hit my back. It felt nice and the water never went cold. I just wanted to stay there for a bit. So I tried to start finishing up, rinsing out my hair but I heard the door open. I stayed still, I was frozen.

"Hey so there is some clothes here and a pair of shoes. I asked your brother what your...sizes were. There's also some makeup stuff. Try and be ready by...11 its 10:34."

"H-how did you get in here? I locked the door!" The curtain for the shower was then pulled back a little. I shrieked, snatching it out of his grip and covering my naked body. "What the fuck?!"

"Like I am never going to see you naked ever..." He had a sarcastic hint to his tone.

"You pig! Get the fuck out!" He smirked, stepping back and releasing the curtain then exiting the bathroom.

~
I tried to cover up the scar as accurately as I could. The outline of the scar was still there, there was no way of covering up the indent in my skin. He might be a little mad at that, yet it wasn't my fault. It was his. I then had to cover up the bruises on my ankle. He was making me wear jeans and seemingly tight fitted shirt but, I didn't want to take any chances when it came to the bruises.

There was also some stuff that allowed me to look halfway decent. Then he also put a curler down. For my hair. He actually wants me to try. So I curled my hair, then put some of it half up with pins. It was the best I could do. I sighed again, then looked over myself once last time. Hopefully I'm up to his standards. I walked out of the bathroom to see him sitting on the bed. His eyes were glazed over.

He still looked at me though. His head snapped over to me. I don't think he could see me clearly. Carson explained it to me once, the whole mind link. You can kind of see in front of you, but it was very blurry. As creepy as his staring was, I know he cant really see me. I waited patiently, eyeing the floor and seeing a pair of boots. I went over to them putting them on, guessing they were for me. A perfect fit.

Also creepy. Then I saw movement from the corner of my eye. I glanced up at him to see he was out of his trance.

"You look pretty..." I only rolled my eyes.

"Oh please. Save it for when we are with your mother" He frowned.

He got up, carefully walking over to me, closing in on the gap between us. I put my hands on my hips, waiting for him to speak. But he grabbed my face by my chin, observing my injured cheek.

"Good job. How does your wrist feel?"

"Good as new" I added some more sarcasm.

I slapped his hand away. His face tightened in a scowl making me roll my eyes again. He then put a finger up, signaling me to wait. He went over to his desk, rummaging through it then pulling out a very small rectangular box.

"I read up on some human traditions. Normally you give jewelry as a sign of promise and bondage" he opened the box to reveal a very pretty silver chain. It had a simple heart at the end of it. Simple yet pretty.

"I can't touch it as it is made up of real sliver but I thought it would look nice on you. Plus no wolf can really touch you" he was rambling.

Since when did he ramble? I gave him a questionable look before taking the necklace out of the box and starting to put it around my neck.

"I don't understand you...your nice one moment, the next...your an absolute nightmare" he paused for a moment. Almost like he was unsure of how to answer that. "What?"

"I...I cant say right now..." He then sweetly as he could, took my hand in his.

It was hesitant, almost ask if he was asking for permission. Then he went to lead me out, gently tugging on me to signal we should get going. What does he mean he cant say right now?