Chapter Three

Multiple footsteps now. They were going around the house. I was completely frozen, I don't know what to do. I don't know what to do.

Someone then opened the hatch to the loft, the light trickled in. There were footsteps near me. If I keep calm my heart rate will stay at a normal beat, they can't hear that. So I shut my eyes putting my head in-between my knees.

Just a bit longer, keep calm. Come on Claire. Come on.

Then the footsteps went back down the stairs. Thank god. I opened my eyes to see the darkness again, no light, they closed the hatch when they went back down.

"I'm sorry Michael...must be your Omega correct?" The Kings voice still sent shivers down my spine.

"Yes sir" Michael replied. Then there was a bit of silence. The moving of feet. I heard our front door open, then more footsteps.

"Come on Caleb. No time to waste there is a lot to do" I'm guessing he listened, there was a silenced murmur.  Muffled noise I couldn't hear. "Thank you Beta Michael" then the door creaked to close, he's so close, he's about to be gone.

"She is upstairs, behind the boxes in the loft" my heart dropped to my stomach, leaving a sickening feeling.

The footsteps rushed up the stairs and opened the hatch. I tried to get away by running but they only pushed the boxes into my path and grabbed me by my hair to drag me down. I let out a scream when they initiated contact.

I could hear my mother screaming at Michael, how could he have done this? When I got down, all my brothers were mid shift, trying to get past the guards holding them down.

Whoever was holding me threw me to the ground, I landed on my hand weird, my wrist bending and letting out a shooting pain. I winced, settling on my knees. I didn't dare look up.

The room got quiet. I was just looking at the ground, I saw a pair of boots. He was right in front of me. The King. It has to be the King right? I continued to stare at the floor.

"Well what do we have here?" Then he made me look up. He grabbed me by my chin. "Human..." his glare held anger and disgust. I felt myself resisting the urge to spit in his face.

"Let her be! She hasn't done anything wrong!" Caleb was struggling so much.

Two more guards had to hold him down. He was fighting. I was scared for him, stop struggling. Stop it Caleb.

"She's human. You guys were living with a human or rather... letting a human live with you" the King spoke with such poison.

Shivers. Again with the shivers down my spine. He let my head fall and I had assumed straightened himself.

"You said you wouldn't hurt my family! You promised if I went with you, you wouldn't hurt them!" Caleb let out a growl after.

I glanced up, mom was about to say something. Caleb only glared at her, now was not the time to question his decisions.

"I said to Michael I wouldn't hurt his sons and mate. Never did I speak about the human" Michael has a grim look on his face. He knew he made a mistake. "Now Caleb get in the car or I will break my promise"

"Damien..." Caleb spoke out in desperation. Then the room fell silent. No one is allowed to speak his name. No one. It was one of the many rules.

"Car. Now" the King wasn't happy at all.

"I-I'm sorry..sir"

"Get both of them in the car. If they bruise or bleed I don't give a damn" then my hair was pulled again. I was brought up to my feet.

I tried to get out of whoever this grip was but they were a werewolf, how could I go against that? I then watched as one of the twins broke through the guards. He went to punch the man holding me but got knocked down. I screamed, tears pouring down my face as he was knocked out cold. Somehow Caleb then broke free, coming to my aid and allowing me to get free as well.

"Run! Run Claire!" Then he was tackled to the ground. I took off.

I broke through the door only to be met by the bitter cold. The wind was whipping and I only had a tank top on. Great. I tried to run, the wind burning my face and lungs. Someone caught up to me, throwing me to the snowy ground. I tried to back away, I was shivering. They only grabbed me, dragging me in the snow.

It was so cold. So cold. I felt my eyes start to drift close. It was too cold to keep my eyes open. So I shut them, I was drained from all the struggling so I felt so numb.

I did feel someone pick me up, their warmth radiating onto me. They held me as though a groom was whisking away his bride. I tried to punch at their chest, I was so weak. Without his body heat I don't think I would survive. He was taking me somewhere. Please be one of my brothers, please or even Michael. I don't care if Michael is saving me right now.

Instead of going back to the house I was in a car. There was vibrations coming from whoever's chest I was laying on. They were speaking. Then the car began to move. No. He's taking me. He's taking me. I soon fell into a complete slumber. My senses of the world going out.