Chapter Thirty-Four

"He has episodes your highness. There is nothing no one can do for him, that is his medical condition. His trauma that even causes his different personalities was so traumatic to the point where is haunts him till this day" the doctor signed the clip board and let the nurse scurry away.

I attempted to keep up with his fast pace.

"So I can't do anything? There has to be something" he then stopped turning to me.

"Stop giving him reminders your human. That's all you can do. I know shifting is hard for you but you need to attempt a mid shift to tell him you are technically kind of wolf"

"But I don't know how to do that. I can't get his help or I'm afraid he will do something else" he gave me a pity look and sighed.

"Your highness I don't think I can help you anymore. Do it before your coronation which is in a few days. I do wish you luck, I know he isn't the nicest man behind closed doors" I bit my lip, crossing my arms.

"No...not really"

"Go prepare your highness. A Queen is to be crowned and she can't be seen as weak" I nodded thanking him for the advice.

He bowed his head in respect, walking away as he went to attend to another chattering nurse with a clipboard.

I sighed, walking off as well. This is going to be a long week. First I have to figure out how to mid-shift. What a fun adventure that awaits for me.

~

I jumped when the door opened to reveal the King.

"Relax love it's just me" I let out a breathe, having Liam around was just comforting.

I met him halfway as we both embraced each other. His chin rested on the top of my head, letting out a sigh of content.

"The coronation is today, at midnight" my eyes widen immediately pulling away.

"I-I thought I had the rest of the week" he shook his head.

"Damien pushed it to tonight so you won't have to shift again. Please tell me you can mid shift your canines at least" I sadly shook my head.

He ran a hand through his hair, clearly being frustrated.

"He's going to have to force you. Hell we don't even know if you will blackout again during a mid shift" I shivered at his words.

"I'm sure I'll be fine. I'll try to stay conscious best I can. But I wish I had more time..." now his hand cupped my cheek, his thumb rubbing circles.

I hummed at this, enjoying the little sparks of pleasure.

"The ceremony will go as follows; introduction as to who you are. Your family will join us on the stage as it is tradition, they already have been informed. Then the sharing of blood and marking. Oh right...before that we ask if anyone wants to challenge you"

"And if someone does challenge me?"

"I doubt they will. Noah for once is helping with something" he laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head.

"But if they challenge me?" He paused for a second. A brief headache coming on. Great. Who the hell is it now?

"Like I said they won't challenge you. So I wouldn't worry about it that much. Just use your basic self defense and if things get intense I over rule it because I'm King and you are my mate" oh Damien. Lovely.

"I need more time" I attempted to argue.

"For what? To have you shift again and go through the same torture. Don't be an idiot Claire. Act your part and play Queen" 

"Can I see my family then? I need to-"

"You will when we get there. You will keep everything brief and not give details. Understand?" My eyes narrowed at him.

"Fine"

"Thank you for not being stubborn. Oh and Axel will conduct the ceremony. I've kept him at bay long enough" I just rolled my eyes at this. Great another thing to deal with.

"Now I'm sending you with omegas around ten thirty to start prepping you for the ceremony later. I would suggest getting rest, your going to have a long night" 

I shrugged. "I'm starving. I'm gonna maybe cook something for myself"

"I'll have the omegas fix you up something" he went to mind link someone but I put a hand on his shoulder stopping him.

"No I need to clear my mind before I fully sign my life away"

"Then I am going with you" he is being extra weird today. I shrugged it off, leading him downstairs.

~

I could just feel his stare on me. I hummed while working on my spaghetti and meatballs. I started to add more ingredients, attempting to be nice by making more so he can have some. I stirred the spaghetti in the pot then put the lid over the pot. I turned my attention to the meatballs, making sure they are doing all right.

"You don't have to breathe down my neck" I finally broke the silence.

"I don't have to but I can" he made the witty comeback.

I simply rolled my eyes at this, putting the stove on low heat.

"Well the foods done. Do you want to have some?" I grabbed two plates from the cabinet.

I turned back to see him nodding, happy as can be. How predictable. I carefully set up both plates then opened up the oven. I pulled out the garlic bread I had put in there, setting it on the counter top.

I hummed, getting a knife, cutting it into slices. I put one piece on each plate then set them down on the bar table, one right in front of him and one in front of the seat I'm going to sit in. I also grabbed some utensils, putting them down.

He continued to stare at me and I went to the fridge. "What do you want to drink?"

"Surprise me" I hummed, just grabbing a bottle of wine. How cliche.

"I am allowed to drink now...right?" I teased him about the champagne incident.

He just stayed silent, his fork playing with his food. I poured him a glass, poured myself one then finally sat down. It was silent again and I was hungry so I immediately dug into the food.

"You're something else. You really are" I looked up at him, he was just staring at me, didn't bother to touch his food.

"I'm going to take that as the nicest thing you have said to me ever since I've been here" he didn't respond to my remark but he did move.

He picked up his glass holding it out.

"I know you've been through hell after you met me. So let's agree to start new. You as my Queen. I as your King"

"I don't just move on from things Damien"

"I never said you had to forget just... let's make the future better" I thought for a second then hummed, clinking my glass with his and taking a sip from its contents.