Chapter Thirty-Five

It's only a few hours away. I am not prepared for this at all. It's like one of those times you get a pop quiz in class. Now it's time to panic.

The omegas weren't letting me do anything for myself. I attempted to brush my hair, one of them snatched the brush from my hands. I tried to attempt to put on makeup, they didn't let me do that either. The only thing they let me do was take my own shower, even then they wouldn't let me use my own shampoo.

Not that I'm complaining. I got back the strawberry scented shampoo. Finally done smelling like whatever Damien had in there. So instead of fighting them I stayed still, letting them work their magic on me. They stayed silent the whole time, solely focused on making sure I'm presentable. They didn't do a bad job either. When they left me in the room, I had to stare at the girl in the mirror.

My hair was curled to perfection, a pin in the back to hold together some of it. I was dressed in an elegant off the shoulder, light brown dress with matching shoes. The makeup they chose went well with the dress as well. I almost couldn't recognize myself. Me...a human...dressed in such clothing. Never thought I would see myself like this, ever. I stared at the silver necklace that was on the table. No one is able to pick it up now. Out of curiosity, my hand steadily went to it. Nothing. No burning. It wasn't hurting me.

I picked it up now, feeling how cold it is. No pain. Am I turning back human? God I hope not. Not now. I decided to put the silver chain around my neck. Maybe it could still be of use to me. I took another look in the mirror sighing.

I just stared at the mark on my shoulder, gulping. It was just a wolf looking out with a crown. Royal mark I suppose.

I've been told there are supposed to be words under the mark but I suppose not. I sighed again then there was a knock at the door. My head turned to it then it opened. 

Damien looked up and his eyes locked to mine. His eyes trailed down my body, a glimmer of yellow in them. I nervously shifted under his stare, pulling the dress down a bit.

"Don't be nervous. I'm only looking. You are my mate after all"

"You still hate me Damien. Nothing will change that" he frowned at that statement.

Now I got a good look at him. He was dressed nicely in a tux. God that tux was tailored for his body. He looked like a god. I bit my lip then looked away from him, wanting to drift away from those thoughts.

"I'm trying to fix that. Truly I am" his eyes still hungrily traced all over my body.

He was taking everything in. Then he found my neck and stared at the chain there.

"Please tell me you aren't human again" he growled.

"No I don't think so. Just...the silver doesn't hurt that's all" he hesitantly went to touch it.

I'm assuming he was making sure it wasn't fake. God why does he have to be so close to me all the time. Him being the tall man he is only made him that much more intimidating. Maybe he noticed this and he took a step back.

"Always keep your hair off the mark at all times" then he got close to me again, moving my curled hair off my shoulder and behind my ear.

"Possessive aren't we?" I teased lightly trying to brighten up the tense mood. 

"Very" he said in all seriousness