Chapter Fourty-Eight

I felt off. There wasn't a warm bed under me, I felt hard concrete with no temperature. I opened my eyes to investigate to see chains hanging off the wall.

I gasped getting up onto my feet. I was barefoot again. In the other side of the room was a young boy being hung from chains. His head was limp, the only thing holding him up was the chains binding his wrists to the wall.

Two little boys were also hung up in a similar fashion on either side of that boy. Yet they didn't seem as injured as the boy in the middle. The boy in the middle has blood running down the sides of his head and staining on his shirt near his stomach.

This must be Damien's dream. He's letting me look into another one of them.

I sat down in the corner watching them. The two boys on either side were looking around frantically, the boy in the middle remained motionless.

Then a sudden clang jolted both boys, they looked to the cell door. An older man rushed in, he looked to be in his late thirties.

He first went to the two boys that were moving, releasing them from their chains. He took down the boy in the middle, holding him in his arms.

"T-They took him. They said he was special and they-"

"Quiet Liam. No more whimpering from you. When was he last time you saw him conscious?" The man put his fingers to the limp boys neck.

"When they took him" the other boy responded. Noah.

The older man growled, dropping young Damien to the floor.

"We have to leave him. I can't carry the extra weight for the runt of the litter" Both Liam And Noah's eyes grew wide in fear.

"But father you can't do that"

"He has to. Mother will understand what was needed for us to survive" then Damien's eyes started to blink open weakly.

I felt my heart start to grow heavy watching this unfold.

"D-dad..." he tried to reach his hand up but failed to do so.

He was too weak.

"We are leaving now. Do not go near him. He is too weak" their father spoke with such poison.

The two other boys had to listen. They followed after their father only to be stopped at the entrance of the cell. Humans, their guns being drawn.

"Sorry King but this is the end of your precious blood line. First it will be your children, then it will be you" the King panicked, jumping in front of his kids to protect them from the raining bullets.

The injured Damien continued to watch in horror, along with his brothers as the King hit the floor, spluttering blood from his mouth. His chest and legs covered in holes with blood seeping out.

The boys screamed, going to their fathers side. The leader of the humans then chuckled as the guns stopped, he walked into the cell, knife in hand.

Little Noah stopped in front of his wounded father and brother. I looked away as I heard a scream then a body hit the floor. There was another scream and another body.

The human stood over the Kings body and chuckled once more.

"I'm glad I'll be the one ending the werwolves. Starting with their leader. Next I'm going for your mate. Then whoever lives in that castle. Then the packs. Until every last one of you is dead" The King went to say something but was stopped as a knife was driven through his chest.

He stopped moving, the life coming out of him.

Little Damien closed his eyes. Playing dead.

~

I gasped waking up again, Damien's hold on me tightening he was still asleep. I could feel his body heat start to intensify, his face scrunching every now and then.

"Wake up. It's a dream. Wake up" I tried to shake him away.

He didn't budge, remaining in the state he was currently in. I need to get him out.

"Damien wake up! Please!"

He automatically snapped awake, looking around the room as if someone broke in. Then muttered a curse under his breathe, turning his back to me as he set his feet on the other side of the bed.

"The fifth personality. It's your father. Isn't it?" He remained silent.

I got off the bed turning on the light and going on his side of the bed. He had tears in his eyes.

"Some scars. N-never go away"  he reached to the side of his head, moving his hair to the side.

There was a scar. A knife wound it looked like.

"Why didn't it heal?" My fingers gently went over it and his eyes shut.

Tears still came out, dribbling over his cheeks. He reached up, gently taking a hold of my wrist and moving our hands away from his scar.

"Silver. The humans had s-silver..." he hid his face in his hands.

All I could was sit there while he was slowly breaking down. While he was vulnerable.

I hated this.

"Why did you give me a silver necklace...if silver has already hurt you so much?" He moved his hands away again, shaking his head.

"It's the only way to stop him. That's why" I sat next to him, just staring at his tears.

"Answer me...is he, your father?" He nodded softly, looking as if he was going to break down again.

"I know he didn't care for me...in our last moments. But I still miss him. I miss him so much" he was starting to ramble.

"I miss my brothers. I barely even got to know them. I miss them so much"

He made me think of when I was in his situation. When I was mourning for my brother, just like he was mourning for his family. It brought tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

"I know. I know you do" I heard my own voice break.

"I was selfish to my own feelings that I let your brother die. I know how you would've felt if he died. Then he did die and...and"

"I know" I assured him to stop him from continuing on.  

My head then leaned on his chest. His arm wrapped around my shoulders, his kissed my head, burying his nose in my hair.

"I love you. No matter what the others do. Don't you dare say you know" I kept my witty comeback to myself.

Staying silent in his grasp.