Chapter Thirty-One

"She was human. Tina found her in some dumpster, brought her under her wing and raised her as her own. Then you found her when going to get her brother Caleb. You both resented each other, covered up her scent to hide her from me. She tried to make me spill the beans on your condition, you went into a rage and ended up telling her yourself. Another temper tantrum later you almost eliminate her 'pack'. You return there and end up beating up her ex lover. You almost attempt to mark her. A few weeks past by and she allows you to mark her because she wanted to get it over and done with. Liam has literally fallen for her, human or not. The mark did something to her genetics because of a royals bite and allowed her to turn when the full moon hit. But now you're saying her genes are changing back to those of a human for what reason?"

"The doctor believes she has human blood because the effects of the full moon wore off"

"Right so what is she then?"

"We don't know. This hasn't happened before and I should've told you the truth mother but I didn't want you to hurt her. She is my mate" Now it was Liam talking.

I could tell by the pleading, boyish voice at the end. Martha only narrowed her eyes at me in disgust.

"Oh son I'm going to do a lot more than hurt her. Her people are despicable and only care about themselves. You banned humans from all packs for a reason, now you are all of a sudden going soft because she is your mate? Has your life taught you nothing?"

"Mother I'm sorry but I cant control-" Liam was attempting to plead his case to her but she wasn't having it.

"Reject her. You know how to do it. Get it over with. I don't want to hear anything from you Liam, I don't" she spat again. He flinched, the slight headache coming back again.

"Claire leave the room" He suddenly drew his attention to me. I went to speak but he was quicker than me.

"Now and don't you dare try and listen to our conversation" I frowned, my feet moving against my will out the door.

I heard it lock from the inside. I sighed, sitting down on the floor with my back against the wall.

What could they possibly be talking about they I'm not allowed to hear? I blew my hair out of my face just waiting. I felt a headache come on making me groan, he needs to stop switching personalities. It's a pain

~

They were in there for a good ten minutes. Constant screaming then towards the end it went quiet. I felt the headache come on again and the door opened. His mother had tears streaming down her face, as she walked by me she gave me a glare.

A deadly glare making me want to bury myself into the ground. I'm assuming Damien followed right behind her, making sure she left. He then looked at me.

"Come on love. You can get up now" Liam put his hand out for me. I took it getting up off the floor.

"W-What did you do to her?" He sighed again looking sad.

He tucked some hair from in front of my face to behind my ears, then he left his hand there to cradle my cheek.

"Don't worry about it Claire. Just some old wounds that needed to be opened up that's all" I frowned but he only gave a half smile back.

He wasn't telling me the whole truth. Why? I left it alone backing up from his hold on me.

"Is your mom going to be okay with this?" I motioned between us.

"She will never be okay with this"

"What is going to happen then? I still don't understand how I'm human again" he looked around the hallway then began to speak again.

"Your blood changed. The genetics I gave to you during the bite had somehow changed back to the original human genetics you originally had. The doctor says it was some type of mutation and wants to preform further tests on you"

"Will I ever be able to shift again?"

"As far as we are concerned right now. You are human again. You feel pain like a human, you feel emotion like a human, just as before" then he went closer to me, hugging me by wrapping his arms around my waist.

Some wolves had walked by, chatting amongst themselves.

"You can't make Noah mad again, nor can we give up the fact your human" he whispered into my ear pretending to showing affection to me. The wolves left the hallway allowing for him to pull back.

"I-I'll try not to" his hands again were on me, picking up my chin to make me look at him.

"I don't want you getting hurt. Not now" the soft side of his personalities always made my heart melt.

Poor Liam being stuck like this. Stuck in this body. Actually wait the body I'm not complaining, the others I am complaining about.

"I won't get hurt. I promise" it went silent. Just both of us staring into each other's eyes. We are star crossed. This situation just the definition of bad.

"I wish I can trust you. But I can't can I?" Then came the headache and the right grip on my chin. My eyes widen seeing sweet Liam change into the devil Noah.

"N-Noah..." I laughed nervously.

"What now you aren't all talk mate? Now I can actually hurt you and mess with your emotions. Now I can manipulate you again"

"You can't manipulate me. Not anymore Noah. I'm not falling for your games"

"Not my games. Maybe Liam's games. I may even start acting like him and see how much I can get out of you." I gasped as he then grabbed my arm pulling me to the door.

"Now be a good girl get ready for bed" I gave him a disgusted look. Snatching my arm out of his hand.

"Your sick"

"Rest up. Tomorrow you start learning about being Queen. Your official coronation ceremony is at the end of the week, maybe earlier" he grinned then began to walk away. That sick fuck.

Star crossed I said.

More like damned.