Chapter Twenty

He returned it a bit more aggressive, immediately becoming dominant. My lips tried to keep up with his but failed to do so as he took the lead. I felt we were walking, well I was backwards. My back hit a tree. He came onto me more, his warmth covering me so that I couldn't feel the cold air anymore. His hands trailed to my back then began to go lower. It's like I didn't care, this just felt too right.

Wait I'm kissing Liam. Liam is Damien. Damien is Noah. Claire abort! Abort mission as soon as possible! Abort! Okay don't listen to your conscience, you can do that as well. The tiny needle sensation that spread everywhere as he touched drove me crazy, my clothes weren't even off and he had this effect on me. Then suddenly he pulled away.

I groaned, annoyed by the lost of contact. He just gave me a lust filled stare. "As much as I would enjoy all the passionate kissing and touching we had going on there. I just can't do it love" it was almost irony now the he was being shy.

"Y-Yeah. I don't even know what I was doing so-"

"No Claire. It's not you at all. It's just Noah he-" he stopped. He turned around to not face me groaning in pain. He pulled at his hair, almost trying to tear it out of his skull.

"Liam? Are you alright?" Hesitantly I went over, my hand going to his shoulder.

He stopped his movements, dropping his hands. He turned back, his expression had changed. His face had tightened into a scowl, his arms crossing over his chest.

"N-Noah..." he growled. It must be him right? I felt the fear build up in me. I went for the necklace as soon as possible but he put up a hand signaling me to stop.

"I'm just here to talk" I still put the necklace in my hands, readying myself.

"I still don't trust you as much as I trust Liam" he chuckled.

"You shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket" his voice was still sinister as ever. I feel he is playing games with me.

"What hasn't he told me about then?" He shrugged. He smirked evilly as ever. It always sent goosebumps down my skin. Not the cold no, him. Noah him.

"Now that's a secret" I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want Noah? I was kind of busy" I motioned with my hand then put it on my hip. He just continued to give me the blank stare.

"Like I give a fuck. Anyways...your going to be Queen and we have yet to do anything to train for that. Before I...'announce' you as Queen. You need to train and get marked" my eyes widen automatically.

Mark. Oh my god I totally forgot about that! Is that what Liam was trying to get to? He wanted to mark me?

"I-I have been training with my brother if that c-counts" it was only for a few hours but still.

I'm human, we don't have a lot of strength or endurance for the intensive training a wolf goes through.

"That works. But you still need to get marked which I can do right now" he took a step closer to me. Not this again. No way.

"I u-uh don't think that's a good idea"

"Come on already. This is strictly business. An agreement. It's not like I have a personal connection to you" I wouldn't care if that came from someone else but the fact it came from Damien's body, made my heart hurt. It's just Noah, this is just how he is. Breathe, take a deep breathe.

"I just don't feel comfortable with it at all. I know from you it's a business thing. But the others? I don't know Damien's opinion. I don't know Axels, I'm assuming it is for s-sexual reasons. Then Liam's...then the other one-" I was beginning to ramble, he cut me off.

"Again I don't give a fuck about anyone else's opinion. Sadly I'm stuck with you as a mate so the least you can do is act the part. There's also another thing. Liam convinced me to cut off the deal we had earlier"

"W-What?! Why?!" This actually drew concern to me. Liam that means I have to deal with all of you! If it was just Liam I would maybe...consider it. But it not. That scares me.

"If you do manage to get pregnant with my pup it would either be A-It dies and we try again, B-you die during child birth, C-you both die trying to give birth. It's all win in my books" I was mortified. I don't think my mouth gaped that much in a long time.

"Let's start with the marking and then we will continue from there"

"I-I don't understand. I thought you needed me alive"

"I thought so too, but I guess I don't" his smirk just grew. I don't want to die. Not like this. Not in the hands of this monster.

"What about rejecting you?" His eyes just narrowed. Then they turned yellow. I gasped, gripping onto the chain much harder.

"You can't reject me! No don't! Don't do that!" He actually sounded scared. Huh who knew the King could be scared?

"Won't it be a win for both of us then?"

"Don't be an idiot Claire. Rejecting someone is sending them to death. Especially me. I will be gone. Damien will lose me. He will lose the wolf you can't do that!"

"Lose you? So you will be gone? The mate connection will be gone and you can't hurt me?" Is this too good to be true?

"Don't do it or I will ensure your family dies in the fire next time!" His voice went dark. Wait. Next time? He must've noticed his mistake as well as he went away going back to I'm assuming Noah.

"W-What did you do...?" I felt like I couldn't breathe. Like sand was begging to fill my lungs. Chase...Carson and Carter...Mom.

"What did you do?!" I screamed at him. Just thinking of my family burning to the ground...all that fear.

"I burned your pack to the ground for housing a human and keeping it a secret. Making me mad has consequences. Using my mother against me has consequences, you just have to learn from them" he said calmly.

Like it was normal. Remember earlier I said I wasn't going to cry? Well...that idea went out the door. The cold made my tears even colder. My family. So I ran. Ran away back to the castle.