Chapter Twenty-Seven

A whole night of pain I had endured. I barely even slept. After I passed out my senses brought me back to even more bone breaking in my lower half. He was still by the cell, still worryingly looking at me. Yet he stayed behind the bars, still keeping me locked in here.

I don't know when this pain will stop. When this absolute torture will stop. It was so cold. The cell. It was so cold. It had no accesses to the outside, yet I was freezing. I'm still in a bra and underwear, nothing else. I'm still human for the most part. I have nothing to heat myself with.

Now I was in the calm stage. A brief pause in the transition that gives me a chance to breathe and relax. I'm just waiting for the bones to start cracking again. Just waiting.

"Claire...Claire can you hear me?" I was breathing heavily still.

I lightly moved my hand on the dirt of the the cell. Then my head moved with it in a simple nod.

"I didn't know this was going to happen. I really didn't. We thought this was an impossible phenomenon"

I nodded as a response. Who could've predicted a human going through a shifting?

"You have another day of this, then once the full moon rises you will shift and be a werewolf" my humanity gone.

In a day? Wait I have another day of pain? I felt the tears come back up again.

"Don't cry love. Please don't. This is my fault" Oh Liam. Damien changed to Liam, only making me sadder.

"Why...why am I locked here..." there was so much pain. It hurt, really, really bad. I turned to my side with the last bit of energy I had to just stare at him.

"Wolves when they first begin their transformation are all animal on the first night. They feel threatened, they can go on a rampage" slowly but surely the skin around my upper back began to stretch.

I let out a soft groan as it was happening. Not again. Give me a longer break. Stop doing this to me.

"I don't know how much wolf your going to be, only time will tell" I jolted as the bones cracked again.

I didn't even scream, I was so numb. My eyes were starting to close again, sleeping would give me another break right.

"Stay awake please, your only slowing down the process" my eyes blinked open weakly to his response.

"It's hurts...so...much"

"I know...been through it remember?"

"You weren't human...asshole" just by that statement he looked hurt.

I could barely tell which personality was here anymore. I didn't have the energy to decided whether it was Damien or Liam. Might even be Noah playing tricks. The only one I can actually distinguish from the others is Axel, just because of the yellow eyes.

"You're right...I don't know what your going through" my back let out another crack.

I was all dried up of tears, I just clenched my eyes together tightly at the pain.

"Shit I don't even know if your going to survive this Claire" he had gotten up from his sitting position and almost touched the bars. He pulled away, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

I didn't respond to him. I could die right now. Not that I want to but I could. To end this pain? That would be great. I can't give up yet, I still have to protect my family from this monster with a mask.

"Why...why are you still...here?" I managed to breathe out. My wrist then proceeded to crack to the side in a non normal manner. I let out a whimper, biting my tongue.

"You're my mate sadly. Every pain you feel I feel. Seeing you like this is killing me...but I need to be here for you. To help the transition" I tried steadying my heavy breathing, trying to calm down a bit but it wasn't working.

My body was trying to heal but it couldn't. I was still human, my healing capabilities weren't great.

"You feel...what I feel..." he nodded.

"Your brothers never explained this to you haven't they?" I shook my head.

God my throat really hurt. It was scratchy from all the screaming. He only sighed going to the cell door. He was tempted to go inside. But he stopped himself backing away again.

"What's...wrong?" He turned away from me, keeping his hands in his pockets.

If he isn't going to talk to me I'm going to fall asleep, I don't want to be hurting for some time. Just as my eyes were about to shut he spoke.

"Noah wants you to die..." what's new? "...Liam wants to go in there and help you..." always the sweet one. "Axel can't stop worrying. The other one is quiet. Then I just want this done. I have worry for you, but I think you're going to be fine" I stayed quiet again. There is nothing I can really respond too.

"I'm rambling. I'm sorry just. For fucks sakes this was not supposed to happen" he continued on to break the silence.

"It's happening...it's happening..." I felt like crying again.

I really don't want to be like him. I've never wanted to be a werewolf. I may have said it, but now reality's as setting and I don't want it. I don't want to be a slave to the moon, never wanted the ability to be feared by humans. Not that I ever got to interact with humans as much as the wolves but I was able to go to their towns sometimes. That's another story for another time. When I'm not dying.

"Everything will be fine. Now Noah has no reason to
murder you and I have no reason to hate you either" I wanted to chuckle at that. I doubt that but...oh well.

"I have to live...first"

"God damnit Claire you are living. Don't talk like that. I'm here for you. Just don't leave me just yet. Do it for Liam, for Axel even though you hate him." I don't think I can.

I feel so fucking tired. So exhausted. My body was ready to leave this world already.

"Claire answer me!"

"Okay...I'll try. I'll try" my eyes were already threatening to close again.

"Your exhausted. I'll let you sleep for half and hour then I will wake you back up. Okay?" I weakly nodded and my eyes finally closed to let me sleep.