Chapter Fourty

It became silent. I stayed frozen under the bedsheets with my back to him. He can't possibly love me. That's impossible. This has to be another one of his games.

"Please talk to me. Say something" he got anxious. It was silent for a bit more as I tried to find the words.

"You...you love me? How can you possibly love me when you treat me like shit" I sat up again in the bed adjusting my shirt to cover myself a bit better.

I felt guilt but I could care less of how he felt.

"I know I'm being selfish. I'm sorry. But I still love you. I love you Claire Mallak" my teeth gritted at that name.

That stupid name. I ignored him pulling the covers over myself more. I scooted away from him even more, going towards the edge of the bed. I heard him sigh, flopping back down onto the bed.

"Claire..."

"Shut up...please just shut up" my voice came out cold.  

He listened for once letting me fall asleep while he slept on the other side of the bed.

~

Someone was moving me. God can't he just let me sleep in peace? I groaned attempting to push him away.

"Damien get away I'm still-" then his hand went over my mouth making my voice muffled.

What is this idiot doing? I opened my eyes and gasped, that's not Damien. A random man was carrying me a mask over his face to cover his face. I screamed from under his hand kicking at him. My legs and my hands were bound. Am I really that much of a heavy sleeper?!

I squirmed in his hold, licking and punching with my bound limbs. He panicked letting me go and I ripped out a scream. Someone else had come up from behind me putting their hands on my mouth.

The man that held me approached me with piece of cloth. I continued to go into panic mode trying to get out of my captors hold. They wrapped the cloth around my mouth, creating a gag to keep my mouth shut. I let out another muffled scream as I continued to squirm to save my life.

"The drug was supposed to knock her out you idiot" the man then took hold of me again as he talked to his partner.

"It was. Maybe i gave her the wrong dosage. Everyone else is knocked out" knocked out?

Drugs? Oh god they are going to take me! Being a werewolf would really help me right now! They continued to drag me down the hallway and I allowed my body to relax. I gained my energy then burst out again, kicking the man that held me in the face.

"Fuck you little bitch!" The other man came after me and I waited.

He went to pick me up but I was able to kick him in the face as well. I looked at my bindings, flexing as hard as I could. The rope got loose enough to the point where my hands were able to become free. I slid out of the bindings staying on the floor. I can't run I can only fight right now. I took off the gag watching both men come back for me.

"Help! Intruders! Help!" I screamed.

One of the men grabbed my leg bindings pulling me towards him. The other man attempted to grab my hands. I struggled and punched him in the face again. I kicked the other man, kicking him away. I winced looking at my hands seeing them start to become bruised.

Just great.

"She is just a little girl. Grab her idiot!" I panicked again as the man, who've I punched twice, growled coming after me again.

Quickly I went to my necklace, then pounced him from my knees putting it around his neck. We both went to the floor as I kept the necklace there. I looked in confusion as the silver didn't burn him.

He chuckled, his friend grabbing me from behind and throwing me over his shoulder. I tried screaming again and struggling in his hold, he didn't budge.

"Lets this fucking over with then" think Claire. Think.

Damien's knocked out. I'm assuming everyone is asleep and can't wake up. What do you do now? I can't waste too much energy or I'm never gonna escape.

The man started to lead us down the stairs. I'm not getting kidnapped today. Please not today. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

My hand went to my mark, making the nails dig into it. I hit it again drawing alarm to the other man not holding me.

"She's signaling her mate!" He hastily grabbed my hands tying them up again with the rope I broke free from earlier.

"He's going to fucking kill you when he finds me" I then spit at the man who tied me up. He put the cloth back on my mouth, gagging me silent again.

Both men then picked up the pace, rushing down the steps. I tried moving my hands to touch the burning mark again but the man kept my bonded hands down.

This can't be happening. I'm dreaming. Just wake up already Claire. Wake up.  

Then the men stopped. The man that held me had tensed and I heard a low growling. The man threw me to the ground making me let out a muffled groan. I looked up to see Damien, or rather Axel. His eyes glowing yellow, he looked angry as ever.

"Let go of my mate...now!"

"Sorry King but she is going to have to come with us" from behind one of the men's back he had a knife.

My voice was muffled as I tried to warn Axel. He ignored me, going into a mid shift then pouncing on the men. The other man without a knife distracted Axel making Axel going to him first.

I attempted to scream again as the man with a knife ran foreword, throwing the knife down into Axels stomach. I groaned feeling something burn in my abdomen and attempted to get my bindings off again.

Axel grabbed the man, that stabbed him, throat. His claws digging in making him bleed. The man began to gag trying to get Axels hand away from his throat. The other man had gotten up from the floor, running to me and pulling out his own knife. I let out a muffled scream watching as the man that stabbed Axel was now in a puddle of his own blood, dead.

The dead mans partner put a knife to my neck, pressing it to the skin. I whimpered squirming but he held me in place. Axel turned growling, his clothes being tattered from the mid shift, his abdomen bloody as well as his hands.

"One more move demon and she's dead" Axel breathed heavily, moving like a beast.

He stalked his prey, starting to circle us. I tried to squirm and get out again but it was no use as me, being the weak human, was overpowered.

"It's okay I won't kill you...I won't let you off that easy" the man adjusted his grip on the knife pressing it into me more. Axel had continued to stalk the man.

"You won't kill her though. That would be a mistake"

"What makes you say that?" The man shivered.

"She is human after all..."