Chapter Thirty-Nine

Three Weeks later...

' "Reports file in on the new Queen and her secret affair with a man that was apart of her fathers guard staff. New photos and witnesses have come up to say that their love is still alive. Here's a report from someone who was close to Claire from her pack days, who wish to keep their identity hidden"

"Claire and...am I allowed to say his name? I know his name? You ready for that?" ' The person speaking on the television then went silent for a bit, their shadow looking over at someone from behind the cameras.

' "Fine. Malcolm. Claire and Malcolm Farrel we're seeing each other way before the King came and took Claire. Just before she left they were all over each other. Talk about PDA but they were basically fucki——" ' The world was bleeped out.

Then the television shut off, the screen going black. I glanced up at Damien who seemed just a little ticked off. Hint the sarcasm.

"No more television for you until this shit blows over"

"What's going to happen to Malcolm? Once this reaches back to him what will they do to him?" He only growled, putting the remote on counter top that held the tv.

"If they knew better, they would do nothing" he was growing jealous.

I could feel it. Yet I frowned at his comment. I didn't want Malcolm hurt, I didn't want to drag him into this as well.

"But we need to talk about that"

"What about?" Damien looked over from behind the couch to the two men at the door, they acted as my guards.

He motioned to go out and they did, bowing their heads in respect. The door shut and Damien sat down on the couch, on the other side of me. He seemed serious, I couldn't read his emotions, almost as if he was blocking me out.

"How far did you take it with Malcolm?" I tensed slightly getting nervous.

What happens if I tell him the truth?

"We dated for a while but...broke up. We just saw the world a little differently that's all"

"That's not what I asked. Now I'm going to say it again. How far did you take it with Malcolm?" Play dumb?

No that won't work. What am I supposed to say?

"You teased me when the doctor asked if you were sexually active. Remember that?"

Should've thought about the future Claire. Stupid child. Now face the consequences of your teasing.

"He was...he was my first" now I felt his emotion.

Sadness. He was sad. His personality then began to shift.

"Really love? Really? Even we had the decency to save ourselves for you. For our Queen"

"I was human. I didn't even know I was getting a mate. How can you put that on me Liam?"

"So you enjoyed it too? Is that it? That why you went back and you kissed him in front of me?"