Chapter Fourty-Seven

"I'm all yours" I rolled my eyes at his comment again. 

He held his hand out, attempting to act like a gentlemen. I pushed his hand out to the side, walking to the door.

"Like I said. Not a date"

"Can a man dream?"

"Yes but even the simplest man knows his dreams...are just dreams" he stuffed his hands in his pockets as he followed me down the steps.

There was still a brief crowd in the castle. Everyone must be busy. Everyone was staring at us.

Okay I get we are the 'King and Queen' but today the stares are creeping me out. It was little groups of people.

Am I back in high school? Am I missing something? One group of girls I took notice of. They whispered to each other and then proceeded to giggle. We walked past, them only to bow their heads continuing to giggle.

Now I believe everyone is high. Did they drug the water supply again? Laughing gas maybe?

To make everything better, someone put their arm around my waist, kissing the top of my head. Now he is being weird. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Probably.

I shivered lightly getting outside. He only hummed, going away to hold my hand. My fingers interlocked with his as we continued to walk.

I could see someone was following us, the same guard that went with us on the way back to my home. The man kept the same blank face, barely paying any attention to us.

I looked away, focusing on where we are going. He started to take the lead, gently leading me towards the forest.

"Damien..."

"Yes my Queen?"

"I said it wasn't a date" I looked around noticing this is where we had our first...intimate moment.

He waved off the guard who only nodded walking away.

"I'm very stubborn" he admitted shrugging.

Who would've known? I rolled my eyes I think for the hundredth time today. He turned me around to face him, our hands still together.

"Why are you acting weird today...matter of fact, why was everyone acting weird today?" Now he was blushing.

Damien Mallak blushing. Maybe he is sick? No I still have my suspicions on the water.

"Remember heat?"

"I remember your mother talking about it...why?"

"W-Well it's beginning to turn into January and... it's mating season" my eyes widen at the sudden thought of...that.

"Heat can happen whenever, just normally happens during mating season mostly a-and I know you don't want that. Just I'm warning you now I don't know if I can control them. The scent you will emit makes any male go crazy"

"How do we even know I will get heat? I'm a hybrid"

"I don't know. I haven't met a human hybrid that went through heat. To tell you the truth this is freaking me out" my eyebrows knitted together.

"I don't want to fuck it up. I don't want to fuck us over again."

"You're not" I was going to say I trust him, but in reality I don't. You never know what this man is capable of.

"I am. I always do. Something always happens and I continue to hurt you and-and lose you. I don't want to do that again" I bit my lip looking away for a second.