Chapter Fourty-Nine

"We need to talk" I looked up from my pot of Elk soup to see Martha leaning on the doorframe of the kitchen.

James was giving her a look.

After many accounts of begging, James has been promoted as my personal guard. It was nice to have a friendly face around everyday.

"I'm sorry but the Queen is currently not taking any visitors right now" She only scoffed, going past him anyways.

"John please I was Queen first" I slammed the wooden spoon on the countertop.

"His name is James. Honestly I don't want to take any visitors right now"

"Well after last night I would expect you to be a little angsty. No matter. That's the only reason I'm tolerating talking to you right now" I scoffed now.

Last night was another one of my full moon shifts. Yet again I have no memory.

"Well I'm pleased that my pain brings you enough comfort to talk to me" I said with such sarcasm. He arms crossed not being impressed.

"It does. Now enough about the bickering. I know you know"

"I don't know what you are talking about" she held up her fingers, moving her thumb. Oh that. She knows I know about the fifth personality.

"So are you stalking your son now?"

"My son is my son first. He still talks to me. Especially about you" I turned away from her putting the burner on low and covering the pot.

"Your point to speaking to me then?"

"Well I just wanted to let you know that. Oh and also you destroyed my room yesterday. I am not happy. Not happy at all" Well she deserved it.

How did my wolf even get to her room?

Now that I'm thinking about it, Damien failed to even mentioned that ever happen. He just said nothing happened and I was fine this time.

Why did he lie?

"Alright are you done now? I want to eat my lunch in peace if you don't mind"

"We aren't done hum-"

"Mother" an aggressive voice ripped through the air. I didn't flinch this time, yay me.

But she did. She turned around to face her son who didn't look nice.

"Well someone is not happy. Not happy at all" I mocked her turning back to my food which was way more important than her.

I could hear James trying to cover his laugh with a cough.

"Leave her alone mother. Now get out of my sight" I'm assuming she listened, not bothering to bicker with him.

I felt arms wrap around me a soft kiss placed on my cheek.

"How is my wife?"

"Wife? What is that nickname?"

"I was reading about it. Supposedly humans get married instead of marking. It's like a ceremony to show their love for each other. Then they write on paper that they are together"

"That's such an absurd concept. Write on paper to declare love?" He hummed.

"Well I would do anything. Even sign a silly little paper to get you to see how much I love you" then he pulled back away from me.

I felt a blush run up my cheeks. Being a werewolf now and him saying things like that, got my hormones jumping around a bit.

"Alright lover boy. Don't you have things to do? Like you know because you are the King, you have duties"

"Actually 'we' do. You up for it?" I raised a brow at him.

Axel only grinned, going to the cabinet. He fished out a bowl, putting it in my hands.

"Depends on what it is"

"Well my wife, we have to sit on the thrones together every now and then"

"Thrones?" He nodded.

"Did you not see them? I thought we were there for the press meeting?" I shrugged at this, starting to put the soup in my bowl.

"I must've not even noticed" I grabbed a spoon, taking a bite out of my food.

Not bad. He took my spoon from my hand, taking a bite of my lunch as well. My eyes narrowed at him.

"Did you want some?"

Then this man decides to take another bite from my bowl.

"No I think I'll just share with you Wife" I let out a low growl.

"My food. I don't want to share. Get your own" I snatched the spoon out of his hand, hitting him on his forehead with it.

"Alright then. When you are done being hangry, have the omegas give you your clothes then James will lead you. Mkay?"

"Alright just begone" I shoed him away.

~

Tight dress. Oh my god does he want me to look like a whore? This was so revealing! The dress or, piece of cloth, went to mid thigh. There was a cut in the middle of my... chest area. Revealing my, I can't walk down like this!

That perve.

There was a knock at the door. I quickly rushed over to open it. James rose a brow at my panicked expression.

"What's wrong my Queen? You look like a tomato. Did the omegas put too much blush on your cheeks?"

"N-no! I'm naked! Is this a joke Damien is pulling?" James then started to laugh, laugh at me.

"No the King doesn't pull jokes. This is traditional Queen attire. Actually this is more modest than what Queen Martha Mallak wore but...you look fine" I looked in the mirror adjusting my bun.

"These heels are a bit much don't you think?" The heel was a least 5" heels.

"Just don't trip and you will be fine"

Just relax Claire. This is fine. It's probably just like any other press conference. Just with more revealing clothes

"Who is even going to be there?"

"Oh right. The council of Alphas and Elders from nearby packs. Another discussion about rogues is on the agenda" I felt myself start to get flustered again.

"This is going to be a long night..."