Chapter Fourteen

I just stared at him as he paced. I was sitting at the end of his bed. We sat the rest of the car ride home, in silence. Then now we sat in silence. Everyone gave us questionable stares going up and now we just, sit here.

I fiddled with the necklace he gave me. This is my only protection if he tries to go crazy on me again. It was rather scary. He just kept going, back and fourth, back and fourth. Then he stopped. He kept his back to me, he was staring out the window. Should I say something? He is only going to get mad Claire, just quit it. Sit there until he speaks.

"I think it's calmed down now" he went over to the drawer, taking out the pills and popping two into his mouth. He swallowed them, shuddering.

"It?" He nodded. He put the drugs down, walking over to me. He put his hand out to me.

"My name is Damien Mallak. We haven't properly been introduced" my eyes widen. What the fuck is he talking about?

"Listen I know you are confused right now and I'm sorry for that. Just be open minded o-okay?" I stared at his hand only to see him drop it.

"Are you going to explain everything?" He paused for a minute.

"Mostly. Now that you already know some of it you should get an explanation for it" I had to act like I trusted him to get the explanation. To know the facts. He sighed again.

"I have a condition called Dissociative Identity Disorder. Meaning I have multiple personalities but one body"

"I still don't understand..." I admitted. He frowned. I think he found this hard to explain.

"Okay so generally, wolves already kind of have this disorder because of their wolves. To turn into a wolf, we have another person in us to help us with that. Didn't your brothers explain this?"

"Briefly. I've only seen them turn a few times"

"Okay well...You met one already, you met my wolf counterpart Axel. That one is a given to any werewolf" I nodded kind of following along to what he was saying.

"For me I went through something at a young age that...made...these other people in my mind, making me become other people" I have to be careful with my words.

"What did you go through...if you don't mind me asking?" Be sincere. Maybe he will fall for that.

"I-I can't. He will get angry and I don't want to deal with that" he started to pace again, nervously rubbing his hands together.

Is this all actually true? I mean it has to be right? He wouldn't lie to me...right?

"How can I know your telling the truth and that your not just bipolar?" He stopped again. Looking at me, his eyes tracing all over my face. He went to say something then shut his mouth again.

"You will have to meet them. When they decide to come out you will meet them" I bit my lip. I don't know how to comprehend any of this.

"Who are they? Who is them?"

"I have... five personalities. There is well me, Axel, Noah, Liam, and another one" I raised a brow.

"Who is the fifth one?" He stopped again. His eyes shut as he let out a groan. He held his head in his hands, pulling at his hair.

"I'm sorry....I-I can't tell you" I don't even know what to do now.

Do I say something? Do I try and help him with his thoughts? What do I even do? Maybe I can try and get something else from him.

"Who hurt me?" He gulped.

"Noah wants to kill you because you are human. He can't because of Axel" he tried to assure me but it didn't work.

I still felt fear. Fear of what he is.

"You are going to see your brother. Let's go" I jumped up automatically.

I stayed behind him cautiously though, I can feel his tenseness. Almost as if he was scared. He can't be scared, never can a man like this be scared.

He began to lead me downstairs then stopped in the middle of the hallway. I almost ran into him I was so lost in though "Why did we stop?"

"I-I can't hold him down much longer, I-" then his shoulders straightened up, arching back for his chest to come out a bit more. His hands clenched to fists. Oh no.

"Now your going to run to the main area then to the third corridor on the right wall and make your way up the hallway and up the steps. He is there" then he went close to me. "You say shit about what happened today I will have your bother hanged. I control this body as well so don't fucking test me"

Noah. This has to be Noah.

I only nodded, running to where he instructed me to go. I got so many looks, so many passing growls, it didn't bother me anymore. I had to get to my brother before that monster ever did.

~

"Caleb? Caleb!" I looked around the room I was directed to.

He wasn't here. Where was he?! I started to feel myself panic. Noah already got him. Noah must've sped over here and taken him. Oh my god. I could feel my heart begin the pound against my chest, wanting to escape.

I felt like I was having a heart attack. I held my hands to my chest, trying to stop it from breaking through my chest. My breathing was so uneven. I'm not suffocating, why do I feel like my lungs have been filled with sand?

"Fairy...?" I turned slowly, still holding onto my chest to see him at the door.

I sighed in relief running up to him and embracing him. He relaxed into my hold. I was beginning to calm down as well. He's fine. He's okay. For now.

"What did he do to you?"

I pulled away, going to his bathroom and washing off my face and ankle from all the makeup. He came up behind me only to frown.

"I'm scared Caleb. There's so much you don't know"

"What is it? He isn't here. I can't sense him around" I shook my head. He will find out.

"I can't say it all. Only one thing. The King is my mate"