Chapter 68: Forgive Me

"That wasn't supposed to work."

I look over at Sylas as he stares at the ground, then he pushes Elijah away only to run off into the woods. Elijah sighs heavily as he shakes his head. He begins to walk over to us. I try to push Seth away, though, he grabs my wrists to make me stop moving.

"Don't. You'll only hurt yourself. We have to stay like this for a bit," Seth orders.

I nod as I then rest my head against his chest once more. Elijah soon approaches us, then he grabs the hair on top of Seth's head only to pull his head closer to him. Suddenly, a musky pine smell emerges as Elijah glares at Seth. He's furious.

"You need to stop acting so irrationally. You just never know when to fucking stop. Look, I'm putting my foot down, because I'm still your father and the King, which means, you will obey me," Elijah speaks with dominance.

He grips onto his hair even tighter as he asks aggressively, "Do you fucking understand me?!"

Seth growls lowly as he grinds his teeth.

"Yes, I get it," he exclaims with pain.

Elijah lets go of Seth only to then touch the side of my face.

"We'll talk about this when we get home. I'll order you something to go. Will you be okay riding home by yourself," Elijah speaks softly.

Seth looks irritated and annoyed as well. I nod as I lean into his touch. Elijah slowly lets go of me, then pulls out his phone as he walks away.

"I'll see you at home, Missy," Elijah speaks softly once more.

I look down as I fill with shame. Seth sighs softly as he rests his head against mine.

"I'm going to tell them the truth. I started it, I kissed you first," I mutter under my breath.

Seth grabs my chin only to look me in the eyes.

"Hey, no, you're not going to say anything. Let me do the talking," he states in an aggravated tone.

I pull his wrist away only to properly look at him.

"Stop. I'll handle this. Don't act like you want to help or handle things yourself. Just, don't make things worse than they already are," I state softly before looking down.

I rest my palms against his chest as I stare down at my ruffled up skirt in my lap. Seth begins to grind his teeth, then he pulls out swiftly, leaving me in pain. I let out a scream in agony, then I cover my mouth as I lay back on the car. Tears roll down my face as I lean my head back against the window. As Seth is cleaning himself up, he glances over at me.

"I suppose I'm on the run again. If you'll handle this yourself, then do it. Let's do this again in another ten or so years, yeah," Seth speaks in a snarky tone.

I grind my teeth as I swiftly pull my hand away from my mouth.

"Don't you dare fucking leave again, Seth," I exclaim angrily.

Suddenly, I feel lightheaded and soon, I drift off to sleep. I didn't pass out immediately, though, my eyes and body felt heavy, and I had no choice but to sleep. What I assume is hours had passed after I fell asleep, I was right. I wake up, sensing warmth near me. I open my eyes swiftly to see Elijah and Sylas sitting on the bed on both sides of me. I go to sit up, until Elijah touches my shoulders, gently laying me back down.

"You need to rest. I'll go fetch your dinner. We'll talk after you're finished eating," Elijah states calmly.

I shake my head as he lets go of me.