Chapter 69: Need To Cling

As Sylas feeds me another fry, I glance over at him out the corner of my eye.

"Just eat. I know you want to talk about this, but after all the blood you lost and over exerting yourself, you need to eat," Sylas states in a monotone voice.

He sounds calmer than earlier. I give him a nod and continue eating. Sylas turns on the tv and we watch some cartoons to keep our minds preoccupied, though, my mind was making me sick. How could I have done that?! Why did I do that?! I fucking hate myself. If Sylas had any sort of sense, he should hate me, too.

Even though, I'll always love him. Sylas is my mate. He's everything to me. Once I finish eating, Sylas moves the tray to the nightstand. I glance over at the bathroom, then I slowly uncover myself.

"What're you doing," Sylas questions lowly.

I point to the bathroom. He nods, then rushes over to the other side of the bed only to pick me up.

"Sylas," I mutter softly before I get hit with another pain.

The pain's coming from my uterus and it hurts like hell. Sylas walks me into the bathroom only to put me down in front of the toilet. I look down as he continues to stand there.

"Uh, I, um, can you wait beside the door," I ask nervously.

Sylas raises his eyebrow as he becomes confused.

"You're embarrassed with me being in here while you pee," he questions.

I look away as I feel flustered.

"I get pee shy easily, okay," I say embarrassedly as I cover my face.

He smirks as he shakes his head.

"Alright, fine. I'll wait on the other side of the door," Sylas speaks softly as he walks through the door, closing it behind him.

"Make sure to tell me if anything's wrong," he speaks through the door.

I simply say, "Okay," back to him.

I do my usual thing, though, I noticed once I urinating, something felt off. As I clean up, I see lots of blood. Okay, this is poor timing. Either something inside is still ripped or I started my period, which is normal after going through heat. I'm so fucked. Once I finish cleaning up, I flush the toilet and head over to the sink. Sylas opens the door to peek at me. I glance into the mirror to see him slowly approaching me.

"I smelled blood. What's going on," he questions concerningly.

I avert my eyes back down to my hands, avoiding the question.

"Katya. Answer me," Sylas demands aggressively.

I take a deep breath, then I look into the mirror to see Sylas standing behind me.

"Uh, well, either I'm still bleeding a lot or I started my period. Maybe that's what's happening. I'm not sure what this is, but for once, I actually want to go to the doctor. It feels strange," I explain nervously.

I dry off my hands before turning to Sylas. He gently picks me up, cradling me in his arms. Sylas takes me back to bed only to lay me down. Once he returns to his side, he checks his phone.

"Well, it's a bit after their time, though, I'm sure something can be done. Look, there's some witches nearby. We've had business with them for sometime now. I'll call someone to check you out. I'm sure they can be here within a couple hours," Sylas suggests.

I glance over at him, then I hold out my hand to him. He uses his free hand to grab mine.

"I don't care. Whatever's faster. In the meantime, can we just stay together," I speak somberly as I begin to feel sleepy.

Sylas gently lets go of my hand only to dial a number on his phone.

"I'll be right back," he speaks in a whisper as he turns his back to me.

Sylas heads out onto the patio only to then start talking to an older woman. Suddenly, I feel the urge to cling onto him. I slowly get out of bed and make my way over to him. I'm already freezing and it's fucking cold as hell outside, yet, I just need to be near him. Once I make it to the patio, Sylas glances over his shoulder to see me.

"Hold on a moment, please," Sylas speaks softly before putting his in his pocket.

He rushes over to me only to pick me up swiftly, inflicting some pain. I wince for a moment as I grip onto his shoulders. Sylas sighs as he continues to cradle me in his arms.

"You're making this harder than it has to be. You should be fucking thankful I'm even helping you. Now, I'm going to put you back in bed and you're going to stay there, understand," Sylas speaks aggressively.

A few tears run down my face as I pull myself closer to him to embrace him in my arms.

"Please, stay with me. Don't leave my side, please, I'm begging you," I beg in a whisper against his ear.

Sylas sighs with frustration as he looks down.

"Fine! Just, fine, I'll stay with you," Sylas snaps, then calms down almost immediately.

I hug him tighter as he walks me over to the bed. He carefully lies me down on the bed, then pulls his phone out from his pocket as he approaches the patio doors. Sylas continues his conversation as he closes the doors before coming back to bed. I I rest my head in his lap as I wrap my arm around his waist while he sits up to finish the phone call. Sylas pets my head as he looks down at me.

I overheard the conversation, in which, a witch is on her way already. She plans on taking a look at me tonight, which it should take an hour or so for her to arrive. I'm scared. I begin to tremble a bit as I fill with fear. Sylas finishes the conversation, then hangs up the phone. I grip onto the cloth of his boxers which covers his thighs.

Sylas moves my hair away from my face as he asks concerningly, "What's wrong? Are you scared?"