Chapter 57: Playful

Sylas tackles me causing us to fall back on the bed. I giggle softly as he buries his head underneath my shirt. I lift my shirt, only to pet his head. He wraps his arms around my waist as if never wanting to let go of me.

I sigh softly as I say, “You’re so damn cute. Now I know how you feel when I act this way.”

I laugh softly, then Sylas licks my stomach.

I push his head away as I exclaim, “Don’t do that! It tickles!”

I squirm around as he continues to lick my stomach. I can’t help but laugh. Sylas smiles as he tickles my sides. I shake my head as I laugh hysterically. He begins to laugh as well as he watches me fall weak underneath him. I grab onto his shirt, pulling him closer for him only to fall on top of me.

I giggle softly as I catch my breath, then Sylas whispers, “I’m not the cute one here.”

He rests his forearms on the bed by the sides of the my head. He rests his forehead against mine as I begin to calm down.

“So, what does that make you? I mean, I think you’re cute when you’re embarrassed,” I speak softly, then Sylas pulls his head back as he questions me curiously, “What do you think of me the rest of the time?”

He looks down at me as he fills with curiousity. I touch the side of his face as I smile softly.

“I feel many things when I see you and when I'm with you. When we were children, beautiful was the first word that came to mind. It may not be proper to call a male beautiful, though, I didn’t care. As we grew up together, I started to see you different. Handsome is what I always thought. Though, I’m not sure I feel the same after all those years,” I express myself.

Sylas averts his eyes away, feeling hurt at my last statement. As he goes to sit up, I swiftly grab his chin to make him look at me.

“Dashing. That’s the first word that comes to mind, well, most of the time. I’d say more, though, it’s embarrassing,” I whisper as we both begin to blush.

Sylas kisses my lips softly as I remove my hand from his chin.

As he pulls away, he whispers, “Tell me.”

I shake my head as I turn my head away from him. Sylas grabs my chin as he hovers over me.

“Tell me, now,” he demands with a deep husky voice.

His Alpha voice sends chills down my spine. I swallow hard as our eyes lock.

“Um, there’s been times recently, I, uh, I think you’re...”

I sigh as I cover my face, causing him to let go of my chin.

“Hot, sexy, and handsome,” I mumble.

Sylas kisses the back of my hands, which cover my face. I feel the bed shift slightly. I can hear and feel him breathe beside me. Sylas hovers over me again while his face is next to my ear.

“You’re still the cute one. As for what you think of me, I suppose I think the same, under different circumstances. You’re beautiful. Gorgeous. Sexy. Stunning. Must I go on,” he questions as he’s trying to tease me.

I push him away, causing him to fall on his back right beside me.

I sit up as I whisper, “No, I’m not.”

I feel the bed move again. Sylas wraps his arms around my waist, only to pull me onto his lap. He buries his face in my neck.

“I’m not letting you go, not until you think differently and just accept it,” he states adamantly.

I sigh as I grab onto his hands.

“Guess we’ll be here for awhile then.”

I rest my head back on his shoulder as I get comfortable. Sylas licks my neck, then sucks on it harder. My heart races faster as I wrap my arm around his shoulder to grab his hair. Sylas sucks on my scent gland as I moan softly.

He pulls away, only to whisper in my ear, “Come on, give in already. I was hoping we could go for a walk before we leave. Yet instead, you’re wasting time.”

I grip onto his hair harder, making him growl lowly. I can feel his emotions change in an instant. He’s annoyed and irritated. Sylas bites my neck softly, though, he didn’t break the skin. I pull his hair harder, causing him to pull away and nibble my ear. I let go of his hair as I fall weak.

“If you wont play nice, then neither will I,” Sylas whispers breathily.

I look away as I ask, “If I give in, will you stop this madness?”

He simply nods in agreement.

I sigh as I give into him, “Fine. I agree with what you said earlier. And thank you for the compliment.”

Sylas smirks as he turns my head towards him.

“See, that wasn’t so hard, was it," Sylas teases.

I glare at him before turning my head away. Sylas pulls me closer as he lays back on the bed with me in his arms. I sigh as I remove his hands from me and roll off of him. Sylas grabs my waist to hold me close to his side. I grip onto his shirt as I wrap my leg around his waist and rest my head on his chest.

“Is this better,” I ask softly.

Sylas pets my head as he whispers, “Much better.”

I bury my face in his chest as I pull myself closer to him.

“Are you sure about this,” I ask nervously since I’m weary of his response.

He doesn’t respond. I listen closely to his heart as it’s pace has slowed down. I sit up a bit to look at him. He’s asleep! I touch the side of his face and kiss his lips softly. As I pull my lips away, I think of whether he’s playing me or not. I shrug it off and lay beside him again. I soon drift off to sleep. I jolt awake as I feel someone gripping onto my thigh.