Chapter 59: Heartaches

I look down as I rest my head against his shoulder.

I grip onto Elijah's shirt as I whisper, “He doesn’t understand. I told him; no matter what I feel or what happens, I’ll always be his. I’m not going anywhere. I wish he’d listen and trust me to keep my word. I know you say he trusts me, though, I see him still adjusting to me. If he trusts me, he wouldn’t have pulled a stunt like that. He wouldn’t be seen as such a coward if he joined us tonight. Yet instead, that may lead Seth to think differently and take advantage. Sylas didn’t think this all the way through.”

“Missy...”

I look up at Elijah as I scoot back a little.

I sigh as I say, “The Sylas I know and love wouldn’t cower in fear with not knowing of what may happen. Instead, he’d join me tonight and show his brother just who he is. Just his aura can be terrifying to another Alpha, in which, I believe Seth will stand down. I wish he knew why I didn’t truly fight back.”

I look down as I fill with sorrow. Elijah grabs his phone and dials a number. My hearing, it’s heightened more than last time. Does this mean I’m close to changing?

“What do you want, old man,” Sylas asks.

Great, he’s called Sylas. Of all times, Eli.

“Shut up and don’t be so rude. Get your ass down to the throne room ASAP. We have somethings to discuss. And don’t try to bullshit your way out of this,” Elijah says harshly.

I become shocked by his action and words. Wow, that was crazy. He used his Alpha voice. Surely that couldn’t work on Sylas, so, why would he use it.

“Fine,” Sylas states before he hangs up.

I look at Elijah, completely dumbfounded by his action. Elijah stands and picks me up, throwing me over his shoulder. I squirm around, trying to get him to put me down.

“Stop moving.”

His voice. I stop squirming around as I listen to his command. How the hell is he able to do that?! Why am I forced to listen to him?! As we’re walking down the stairs, we hear the throne room door open. Elijah hurries to the door to see Sylas sitting on his throne. Elijah puts me down as we approach the thrones.

“The both of you better listen and obey me. You’re both going whether you like it or not. You'll offer Seth to stay here and you'll learnto accept it. And he’ll leave once the wedding is over. You two can put up with him for that long. In the mean time, you’re still her Alpha so man up and act like it...”

“Eli,” I exclaim as I’m shocked at how he’s speaking down to us.

Elijah snaps towards me as he says, “And you. Missy, you can’t be so clingy and you can protect yourself. I know you can. Even if it’s Sylas, you still should’ve done something. That’s all he wanted. You must obey him as well. I’m well aware you’re both learning, though, communication is key. If you have something on your minds or you’re having doubts, open up to one another. Stop causing so many damn problems and fix them yourselves. I won’t be around forever to help. Now, you have slightly under an hour before we leave. You two better fix this and clean up.”

Elijah heads for the door as he says, “And son, your mother wouldn’t be pleased with how you treated her. Whether it’s a test or not, she’d be ashamed. You need to have more trust in her and your brother. Speaking of, you two will have a discussion before he sees her again. Seth doesn’t know yet, though, I’m still your father and you both will do as I say.”

Sylas sits forward as he becomes shocked. Elijah walks out of the room, leaving us in shock and in silence.

I kneel down and sit on my knees as I speak solemnly, “I’m sorry for causing so much trouble and always running to Elijah. I wanted to run after you, though...”

I rub my arm as I begin to shake.

“I get why you’d be afraid to run after me. I’m sorry. I’m sorry for what I did. I have no excuse. I was being selfish by testing you. I didn’t consider how that would affect you,” Sylas speaks sincerely as he looks down.

I rub my wrist, causing my scent to slip out, though, I hadn’t noticed because I’m feeling so anxious. I feel something touch my hand and I quickly look down to see Sylas’s hand holding mine. I squeeze his hand a little more as I become more anxious. I can feel a panic attack coming on. I’m already getting chills.

(Quick tip! When I have an anxiety/panic attack, I get really cold chills and begin to shake uncontrollably. It’s as if my mind and body can’t function anymore. It’s awful. So, that's what I'm referring to in that scene.)

Sylas touches the side of my face as he stares at me with such sorrow. I let go of his hand as I melt into his touch. Sylas goes to pull his hand away, then I grab it swiftly to hold against my face again. His smile is warm and gentle as his sorrow fades away.

I look down as I ask nervously, “Will you tell me how you feel once more before you we go?”

Sylas nods as he gently removes his hand from me.

“What I said earlier, I wasn’t being rational. Though, I don’t want an answer at all. I fear what it may be and I need to trust on whatever you choose. My mind was cloudy and I wasn’t myself. Please, forgive me. I’m sorry I hurt you...”

I hug him swiftly by wrapping my arms around the back of his neck.

“I forgive you. Stop apologizing. Just, promise me something," I start.

I gently move away from him as he holds my waist.

Once his eyes meet mine, I whisper, “Just don’t do that again. All I’ll say is that I was scared and I started having flashbacks about...” Sylas cuts me off by covering my mouth.