Chapter 11: The Abuse

“It’s okay. You’re home again. I’m here for you.”

I hug Elijah tighter as I sob quietly. He rubs the back of my head as he continues to hold me close.

“It’s okay, Missy," he whispers in my ear.

I shake my head as I gently push him away.

“What’s wrong," Elijah asks as he's becoming concerned.

I look down as he kneels beside me.

“What were you to my mom? How do you know all of this?”

He looks up at me and wipes my tears away as he holds the side of my face. With his other hand, Elijah grabs the vile of liquid from my pocket, only yo wrap it in my hand.

“This may seem silly, but this will give you the answers. After you take this, then I’ll answer all of your questions, understand," Elijah questions softly.

I nod as I look down again, then Elijah pulls me close for another hug.

“My suggestion to you is to take it whenever you’re ready. You’ve been through enough today. I don’t want you to go through anymore pain," he says solemnly.

I nod my head slowly as he then lets go of me only to stand once more.

“It’s getting late and you have school in the morning," Elijah reminds me.

I sigh as I shake my head. Elijah smirks as he sighs.

“Well, I’d invite you to stay, though, your father would kill me. And I’m not kidding this time. If you’d like, I can walk you home or Damien can take you there as well," he suggests.

I shrug as I say, “I wouldn’t want to bother you. Like you said, it’s getting late and I wouldn’t want to keep you or your bodyguards up.”

He chuckles as he shakes his head. Elijah motions me towards the door as he speaks again.

“Nonsense. Let’s go. I’ll take you myself," he insists.

Elijah puts out his hand to help me
up as he then escorts me out of the castle. Once we exit through the front doors, his bodyguards start to follow behind us. I look down as I glance out the corner of my eye.

“While she’s here, apologize, Ryuzaki," Elijah demands.

A man staggers out of the bushes as he dusts himself off.

“I’m sorry I almost attacked you. I wasn’t myself then and I’m sorry, Miss," the man apologizes.

I nod as I glance up at the man.

“Oliver, your turn," Elijah states.

Oliver nods as he sighs. I glance over my shoulder at Oliver. He's more annoyed than anything.

“I’m sorry for sending my friend after you. It’s just, you were breaking rules and I was following them. Simple as that," Oliver says simply.

I nod as I then say, “I understand and I forgive you both. Although, using a friend... Really? That’s even low for you, blondie.”

Oliver sighs as he looks down only to then admit, “I know. Don’t worry though, I won’t be judging you anymore; thanks to my mistake.”

I smirk as I say, “Thanks, Oliver.”

Oliver swiftly looks up at me as I look down. Oliver smiles softly as he becomes slightly embarrassed. That’s all it took for him, wow. I simply called his name, goodness.

Oliver, is definitely an asshole and judges too quickly, but then again, he knew me as a child, same as Damien. Interesting that they've been around for a while, I suppose.