Chapter 30: Second Concussion

*Continual of flashback*

My dad sobs again as I shake my head.

“No, they were supposed to live, too!”

I break down crying, then my dad hugs me. I push him away as I pull my knees to my chest and cry. After crying for hours together, my dad gets up to fetch us lunch. After he left, someone knocks on my door and walks into my room.

“Your highness," I exclaim in shock.

Elijah looks at me, shocked to see me awake. He was holding flowers. Elijah turns around and rushes out of the room. Once he returns, I see Sylas with him.

Elijah hands me the flowers as he asks, “How’re you feeling, Missy? Do you remember me at all?”

I nod slowly as I speak softly, “Yeah, a tad bit. You’re the king and your name is Elijah. I feel like I know you, along with your son. Sylas, right?”

Sylas nods, then looks down as he became filled with sadness.

I tilt my head as I ask, “What are you two…. Lyra! Wait, I remember- Eli… Sy…”

I drop the flowers in my lap as I begin to cry and cover my face. Elijah hugs me as I see his eyes fill with tears. Sylas runs over to the other side, then hugs me tighter. We cry together, then Elijah pulls away to wipe his tears as Sylas pulls me closer to him and I lay my head against his chest.

Sylas runs his fingers through my hair as I hug him while Elijah says, “Son, we’ve got to get going before her dad returns. Remember what happened last time.”

Sylas hugs me tighter as he whispers, “I don’t want to leave yet. I need to stay with you. Promise me you’ll remember me, okay?”

I nod as I look down.

“I promise," I whisper back.

Sylas kisses my head softly as he hugs me tightly.

“Be safe, though I’ll be watching over you. I love you, Katya," Sylas whispers in my ear.

I continue to look down as I whisper, “I love you, too, Sylas. Love me always, even if I do forget. Promise me that.”

He nods as he rubs the side of my head.

“I promise," Sylas speaks gently.

Sylas gets off the bed, but continued to hold my hand, until he walked away.

Elijah hugs me as he whispers in my ear, “I will always love you, Missy. Be careful and just know, I’ll find you again someday. I’ll get you back to bring you home again. Just be patient. I love you, Katya.”

“I love you, too, Eli. I’ll miss you. You’ll love me even when I come back home, right," I question in a whisper.

His eyes fill with tears, then he nods as he hugs me tight once more.

“I’ll always love you as my own. Don’t forget that. Please, even if you forget me, try hard to remember Sylas. He needs you as you need him. I’ve got to go. I love you, Missy. Rest well," Elijah states softly.

He kisses my head for a moment, then lets go of me and runs out of the room. I sit there focusing on Sylas and how much I miss him already. Soon my dad returns, though things after that day, became awful…

I lay down and fall asleep shortly after my dad returns. I feel really tired. I wake up to feel as though I’ve forgotten somethings, how strange. I see my dad talking to a doctor, then the doctor rushes over to me and asks me a series of questions.

I answer the doctor’s questions, then he says, “Well, Katya, you’re almost healed. We’re going to keep you here for a couple more days to keep an eye on you, then we’ll send you home once we’re sure that you’re alright. For now, you need as much as you can.”

I nod, then lay down again as my dad turns off the lights. I try to fall back asleep, but I couldn’t. I’m pretty hungry. I have my dad get me something to eat. Once he had left, I hear a knock on my door.

The door opens and I see a boy, who reminds me a lot like someone I’ve met before. Wait, that’s Seth, but back then, I couldn’t remember him!

He runs over to me and asks concerningly, “Katya, are you alright? Do you remember me?”

He touches the side of my face, but in that moment, I still didn’t remember him. I move away from him, then he looks down as he shakes his heas lightly.

“I see, so, they were right. You’ve forgotten us. Look, you may not remember this until later, though this needs to be said. I’m sorry for everything I’ve said and done to you. I don’t expect forgiveness. Everything I did was for you and purely out of jealousy. I love you, Kat, and I hope one day I’ll see you again. There’s somethings we need to sort out. I had to see you before I go. So, until I see you again, please, don't hate me," Seth explains.

Seth walks closer, then hugs me. As he pulls away, he kisses me. I'm so confused right now. What's all of this about? I don't exactly remember him, yet he kissed me. Those were my thoughts at the time.

“Back the heck away from her," Sylas exclaims angrily.

Sylas runs in and pulls Seth off of me, breaking our kiss. Sylas gets on top of Seth and beats the hell out of him, then Elijah runs in and pulls Sylas off of Seth. They stand up and look at me.

Elijah smacks Seth and says, “You know damn straight that she’s his. Don’t go messing with her. If you can’t stay away from her, you can just leave.”

Seth grinds his teeth as Sylas just looks at me with sorrow in his eyes. Elijah grabs Seth’s shoulder and walks him out of my room.

“You have one minute. Make it last because who knows when you’ll see her again," Elijah adds before walking out.

Sylas rushes over to me, then touches the side of my face and whispers, “I’m sorry he did that to you. Are you okay? Did he hurt you?”