Chapter 34: Feeling Weak

Sylas sits up, then I hug his waist as I lay my head on his lap.

“You’ve got to sit up. You need to eat," Sylas insists.

Sylas gently grabs my forearms to pull me up onto his lap.

I look down as I ask quietly, “Am I too heavy?”

He shakes his head as he grabs my hand.

“No. you’re as light as a feather," he says playfully.

I smirk as he then chuckles softly.

“I’m serious though. You’re really light for me. Now, come here," Sylas states in a serious tone.

Elijah brings over a tray, then sits it on the bed right beside Sylas. Sylas uses some hand sanitizer to clean his hands, then grabs a chicken strip and hands to me. I start eating slowly, but then Sylas holds out a milkshake. He holds the straw closer to my mouth, then I take a sip.

I pull away and look down as Elijah leaves my room again. He said he had to attend to something. He seemed kind of off once he brought me the food. I wonder what’s wrong with him…

Sylas lifts my chin and says gently, “You need to eat or at least drink some more. Your sugar is really low. Will you do this for me, please?”

I look at the food, then at the shake and take another sip. I pull away as I shake my head.

“I can’t do this. It hurts. Everything hurts," I mumble.

Sylas grabs my chin roughly as he demands, “I need you to do this for me. And yourself. Now, eat.”

Sylas had grabbed the chicken strip from my hand and holds it to my mouth.

I turn my head as I say, “You’re not feeding me. I’m not a baby.”

He smirks as he says, “If you’re not a baby, then stop acting like one and eat your food.”

I look down as a few tears fall from my cheeks. I begin to feel shaky again. Sylas grabs my chin and I open my mouth. He feeds me everything on that tray. Once I finished eating, he clears my tears away.

“If you can drink some more of the shake and drink some water as well, I’ll stay here with you tonight," Sylas attempts to bribe me.

It worked.

I sigh softly as I grab the milkshake from him and drink some more of it. Sylas grabs the glass of water, then hands it to me.

I take a couple sips until I then say, “I’ll be right back.”

I go to the bathroom to clean up, then I hear a knock on the door.

“You’re not getting sick, are you," he asks in an irritated tone.

I shake my head as I say, “No, Sylas. It’s okay. I’m keeping my food down because I’m controlling everything at the moment.”

He was silent for a few minutes, then I walk out to see him sitting on the edge of my bed.

“You feeling better now," he questions.

I nod, then he speaks sincerely, “I’m sorry that I forced you to eat. I’m sorry I was being too harsh with you. I’m just trying to look out for you.”

I nod, then I kneel down in front of him as I say, “I know and it’s okay. I’m not mad. At the time, I was just surprised and upset. Now, get changed into your pajamas and let’s head to bed, okay?”

He smiles softly as he nods, then I stand up as he does the same. I lay out my clothes as Sylas takes his leave. I take a quick shower and get changed into a long shirt, short shorts, and panties of course. Screw the bra. It’s painful. I walk out to see Sylas already laying on my bed. I giggle softly, then Sylas looks up at me because I caught his attention.

“What’s so funny," he questions curiously.

I shrug as I say, “Nothing. You just look cute, all curled up on my bed.”

He shakes his head, then I get in bed beside him and lay down. I face him as he does the same, then I smile softly as I take in this moment.

“I remember you and I used to lay on my bed when we were bored, then we would just talk for hours on end or cuddle," I say softly.

He nods, then touches the side of my face as he rubs his thumb over my cheek.

“Yeah, guess we haven’t changed that much, have we," he questions rhetorically.

I giggle softly as I shake my head.

“I suppose not. We should try to get some rest. Or at least you should," I say gently.

Sylas sits up a little, only to look down at me as he asks, “I take it you had too long of a nap?”

I nod, then he smirks as he says, “Of course. Well, let’s watch a movie. Maybe that’ll keep your mind distracted.”

“Yeah, that’s fine. Though, I think I need to go for a walk first," I state softly as I sit up.

Sylas sits up straight as he asks in a gentle tone, “Care if I join you?”

I look down as I play with the blanket, then he grabs my hand as he says, “Just stay inside if you’re going to be alone. If you’d like to go out, then you know where to find me.”

I smile softly, then I pull his hand closer to my lips, only to kiss his knuckles. His eyes are filled with sorrow as he looks at me. I can’t stand it. He needs to stop pitying me.

Once I get out of bed, then he lays back down as he says, “Please, stay inside. It’s not safe outside, especially with the mishap with your father.”

I smile softly as I turn to face him and say, “I won’t leave the castle.”

I turn around to walk out, then I stop for a moment.

“Oh, and when I return, I expect you to stop looking at me like that. Don’t pity me, I’ll be fine," I speak irritatedly.

I walk out of my room, then I take a stroll around the castle. As I’m just walking down the hall, Damien approaches me with a worried expression upon his face.

“Princess, you shouldn’t be out of your room this late," Damien speaks in a concerned tone.

I smile softly as I say, “Thank you for your concern, Damien. I’m alright though. If you haven’t noticed, Sylas is following me.”

I look behind me to see Sylas walk out from behind the curtain, holding his arm.

I sigh as I say, "I’ll see you tomorrow, Damien. Goodnight.”

He nods as he bows, then walks off.

I start walking as Sylas walks behind me, then I whisper, “Get up here.”

He runs up beside me, then I stop and grab his shirt once Damien turns the corner.

“Look, before you ask, I only wanted to walk alone because I hated how you were looking down on me. I get it, you’re worried, but don’t look at me that way. I feel weak enough.”