Stiles: Not To Fall

Okay, I don't know if yall have heard of Dacre Montgomery... or of DKMH... He plays Jason Scott in 2017's Power Rangers and Billy Hargrove from Stranger Things. He recently released 6 podcast episodes, which he calls beat poetry. And let me tell you, it is phenomenal. I fell in love with them! If you have time ever, you should definitely check it out! 

He released them on July 11th. Which was also the 2 year anniversary of Austin's death. Some might remember my best friend's passing from 2 years ago and my post about how it had affected me or even some past updates where I spoke about the loss that I felt. When I heard these, I was in awe. The words mixed with the music hit me a different way than just regular poetry, and his voice... his voice is heaven to my ears. 

Like I'm attracted to his voice-- Guys imagine his voice during sex. Oof.

Anyways these next 6 updates are inspired by his poems. They aren't based on them necessarily but are inspired by.

I really hope you like them & I really hope you like this one.

~

Inspired by Not To Fall

Written by Dacre Montgomery

~

Stiles' POV

I sat on the hard cold rock, looking out to a beautiful sunset. My heart heavy with grief. It's been exactly three months since Y/n died, as well as Allison. Not at my hands directly but of the nogistune. It hasn't been easy for Scott and me.

I sighed looking at the locket in my hands, I had given Y/n this locket the day I knew I had fallen for her. She was my light at the end of the tunnel. When I realized I'd fallen for her, it felt like I could finally breathe. I put a photo of us on one side and a photo of her late father on the other. When I had given it to her I said...

"It's so this way you can carry the men who love you close to your heart every day," I said as I clasp the necklace securely around her neck, the locket falling above her heart. Y/n turned around to face me, a smile plastered on her face, a tear falling down her cheek. When she looked up to me, my stomach flips. I am so in love with this girl.

"You love me?" She whispered, searching my face for my tell. When she didn't find it, her eyes beamed. She pulled me into a tight hug, giggling into my chest. 

"Of course I love you, how could I not?" I muttered into her soft hair, wrapping my arms around her, pulling her close and tight.

"I love you, thank you for the locket," She pulled away enough to look up to me. I looked down at her and smiled, leaning my head down to place a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Stiles?" My dad's voice pulled me out of the daydream of the memory, I sniffled and wiped the tears that had fallen down my cheeks. I heard footsteps nearing, realizing it wasn't just my dad. My dad, Scott, Isaac, and Lydia sat on the dirt around me looking out to the yellow and orange sky. 

"I miss her," I sniffled, finally speaking up.

"We all do. We all miss Y/n and Allison every single day." Scott says, his voice shaky and uneven.  I looked up from Y/n's and I's photo to Scott. Tears brimming his eyes. 

"Her perfume is fading from my room, the sweaters she wore. They're starting to smell like me. I can't smell her anymore." I cried softly, closing the locket and holding it against my chest. Scott pulled me into a hug, my dad placing a caring hand on my shoulder as I cried into Scott's shoulder.

"We know the feeling." my dad spoke up after my cries had died down. I looked to him and noticed the sad expression on his face. 

"When we first lost Claudia, I never washed her clothes. I kept them hanging in there for years!" He spoke softly but clearly. 

"Melissa was able to find a bottle of perfume she used. I sprayed it everywhere, every day. Until one day the brand discontinued that scent. I realized I had to keep her alive in my memory. Stiles, I'm not saying move on, but you do need to cope with the loss." My dad added with a caring tone of voice. 

"I know the type of perfume she used," Lydia spoke up softly. "I can get you a bottle, whenever you're consumed with the grief you could spray it on something and remind yourself she's gone but not forgotten."

"I'd appreciate it." I wiped my eyes of the tears.

"Gone but not forgotten. Keep her memory alive but, don't become all consumed. She'll always be your first love." My dad reminded me, patting my back gently.

"Thank you, all of you. Even you Isaac, thank you." I said looking to Mr.Scarf with a small smile.

 I looked to the colorful sunset, Y/n's and I's thing was sunsets. My stomach flips as it reminded me of the first time Y/n and I kissed. We were lost in the woods, trying to find my car, we went to try and have a peaceful picnic date but we ended up getting lost. We decided to just set up a picnic right there and watch the sunset. When we kissed I felt as if I'd been sleepwalking my entire life & her kiss awoke me. But now I'll stay awake for her and me.

~

Tell what you think either in the comments or privately. 

I loved this one. I wrote it the other day, on the 11th. I had been thinking about Austin. This imagines I put so much of myself in it. When Austin died I did everything I could to hold onto my memories of him. Slowly I forgot his laugh. His smiles. His voice. His eyes. A few weeks ago when I had surgery, I dreamt of him. I saw him. His eyes, blue as the ocean. His smile taking up over half of his face. His voice, loud and cheerful. His laugh, contagious and freeing. This man made me excited to go to school every day. This man was my light at the end of a dark and scary tunnel. 

When I woke up, I was sad but I was content. It was like the first day I met him. I felt excited about life. This man-- Oof his life meant something completely different to me than to others who met him. 

I wish everyone could have met him. He was friends to everyone. He didn't have a mean bone in his body! This guy was sent from heaven, I swear. 

Karen Iliana xx