Jordan: Drunken Night

You woke up in an unfamiliar room. The bright sunlight hit your face. You groaned sitting up, inspecting the room. You looked to the body next to you. Naked and under the covers. You saw you're underwear on the ground but nothing else of your attire from previous night. You swung your legs over the bed as quickly and quietly as you can. As you reached for you bra the guy next to you had woken up.

"Leaving so soon?" He asked in a deep raspy voice.

"What happened last night was a drunken mistake." You began but was cutoff by the guy who happens to not be naked.

"We didn't do anything. You undressed yourself, walking all around my apartment, crying about the huge fight you had with your boyfriend." He said walking around his bedroom grabbing his clothes. You pulled on your underwear and bra. He threw you a shirt from his drawer. You pulled it over your head too quickly for him to see anything.

"Why were you in bed with me then?" You asked following him to the kitchen.

"Because when you started to get into bed and I was getting pillows and blankets to sleep on the couch, you started to cry about how you are so selfish for making me sleep out there in my own apartment. Blah blah blah." He explained getting a glass of water and bottle of aspirin to you.

"So I guilt tripped you into sleeping in the same bed as me?" You asked before drinking the water and taking the aspirin.

"Yeah you wouldn't stop until I got in bed. And then you talked. Until you feel asleep. About your boyfriend. And your problems with him." He explained walking around the kitchen getting things to make breakfast.

"So we didn't do anything?" You clarified.

"No you just talked and I just listened. I didn't give you any advice because I knew you weren't going to remember it the next day. And I was right." He said waving a green spatula at you.

"Okay. Why am I still here?" You asked out loud. Mostly to yourself.

"Because 1, I promised your drunken self that I wasn't gonna treat last night like a one night stand. We're friends. And 2, this way you don't actually lie to your boyfriend." He said doing this weird hop dance while making the eggs and bacon.

"I don't eat bacon." You informed him.

"Oh I know. That's for me. I have eggs and toast for you." He said as the toast pops up.

"You are one odd person." You said looking at the stranger.

"My names Jordan Parrish, by the way." He said handing you a plate and then he went around to sit next to you with his own plate of food.

"Maybe I should have slept with you." You chucked. "My boyfriend and I actually broke up months ago."

"Yeah, I know that too." He said looking over to you with a smile. "He actually came here last night. He's in a holding cell down at the station. I'm a cop. And he tried to physically assault an officer."

You laughed. "No, how did he know I was here?"

"You texted him. Saying how you were wrong and to come prove you wrong and a lot of sexual things to you but when I asked you why you were in a mentally abusive relationship you told me about your life story. And how he saved you from an abusive and unstable family."

"Yeah well I am a Hale. And a Hale can take care of themselves. Of course only when we're sober." You said looking down at your half eaten food. "I came back to this stupid town to reconnect with my brother. But I can't seem to find the strength to go see him."

"Let's find you something to wear. I want to take you somewhere." He said getting up and going to his bedroom.

"Where to?" You followed.

"Derek's loft." He stated with a shrug.

***

Posting this update before work and I don't know how it's going to go. I hope I don't start crying hysterically like last time. 🤞🏼🤞🏼

7/16/2017

-Karen